ROG Swift PG35VQ

Sparky

2[H]4U
Does this monitor have Asus GamePlus and where is it selling at? How long before it is selling if not selling currently?

All this stuff(high res 144hz+ Nvidia HDR monitors) has been delayed to Q1/Q2 2018.

The very fastest VA panels can only handle about 100-110 Hz or so. The pixel transitions on many colors are just terrible. Above 100-110 Hz, the black smear trailing really rears its head as the pixels cannot keep up with the refresh rate.

The very fastest VA panels can only handle about 100-110 Hz or so. The pixel transitions on many colors are just terrible. Above 100-110 Hz, the black smear trailing really rears its head as the pixels cannot keep up with the refresh rate.

pixel speed is most likely improved then.

pixel speed is most likely improved then.

I would say if it did, it wouldn't be much. Slow transitions from black to white are inherent to VA technology. I mean look at the 200 Hz Z35 VA monitor. The black trailing is so bad the 200 Hz is basically unusable.

I would say if it did, it wouldn't be much. Slow transitions from black to white are inherent to VA technology. I mean look at the 200 Hz Z35 VA monitor. The black trailing is so bad the 200 Hz is basically unusable.

Maybe I'm just being naive but I hope that they wouldn't release a product with a panel that bad for its intended use, especially with Nvidia backing these as their flagship Gsync HDR displays. Repeating the Z35 mistake on a display that will probably cost $2000+ seems unbelievably stupid.

The only way I've seen VA usable for clear motion gaming is if you strobe the back-light to hide most of the trailing. That is what they did with the Eizo FG2421 and it actually worked really well. The 512 FALD zones could actually make this display scan the backlight and perform quite interestingly. But of course no G_Sync at that point. Pushing 3440x1440 at 200 FPS would be quite something.

The only way I've seen VA usable for clear motion gaming is if you strobe the back-light to hide most of the trailing. That is what they did with the Eizo FG2421 and it actually worked really well. The 512 FALD zones could actually make this display scan the backlight and perform quite interestingly. But of course no G_Sync at that point. Pushing 3440x1440 at 200 FPS would be quite something.
What about the HG70? Does QLED improve the VA panel any?

QLED is just a marketing term. It’s still the same panel tech underneath, it just has an additional Quantum Dot coating film applied to boost the colour gamut a bit. It has no impact on response times though sadly

Maybe I'm just being naive but I hope that they wouldn't release a product with a panel that bad for its intended use, especially with Nvidia backing these as their flagship Gsync HDR displays. Repeating the Z35 mistake on a display that will probably cost $2000+ seems unbelievably stupid.

Stupid is the display industries maiden name!

Reactions: Zinn
like this
They're using refresh rate to sell the monitors. Usability at the max refresh rate is no concern to them. You can buy and use one, just limit the refresh rate to 100 Hz and you shouldn't experience any noticeable color issues.

Honestly I'm wondering what real refresh rate this is gonna do... as a VA panel it's unlikely it does 200hz without major overshoot and ghosting problems, but as long as it's better than the ~100hz of current VA ultrawides I'm fine with it. Solid 144hz would be perfect.

They showed it at CES this year. Rumor has it Q2 so Spring?

Back