Rockstar really stepped up their game with Max Payne 3

I just think they're loading times really. Doubtful of a fix. Even some of the "loading" scenes where nothing is going on are pretty lengthy. "Max Payne 3: Let's load assets and game textures", :D

Spindle or SSD? I'm running an SSD and load times are not good. Considering the game was a 25GB download, that's good in my book.

I do wonder if the load times would be better if the game wasn't trying to play a cutscene at the same time. Almost everything was unskippable on the 360.

It has been a loooong time since I really smiled after completing a game....Maxpayne 3 made me realise why I began to play as a kid.The story was just perfect and I enjoyed every bit of it.Oddly the cut scenes didn't bother me much.I run on ssd and I think the cutscenes actually helped in the storytelling.

Rest of the developers should learn from rock star.

Guys ..anyone out there who haven't played this...do not think for a second.Its worth more than 60$.
Thanks Rockstar team!

It has been a loooong time since I really smiled after completing a game....Maxpayne 3 made me realise why I began to play as a kid.The story was just perfect and I enjoyed every bit of it.Oddly the cut scenes didn't bother me much.I run on ssd and I think the cutscenes actually helped in the storytelling.

Rest of the developers should learn from rock star.

Guys ..anyone out there who haven't played this...do not think for a second.Its worth more than 60$.
Thanks Rockstar team!

Right on man. Cut-scenes kicked ass, and the game overall was great.

So far I'm loving this game. Just got to Chapter 4.

The game is incredibly unforgiving on the hardest difficulty too. I am playing at the hardest difficulty available out of the box (before unlocks) and I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to play the game normally and never die. There are times I turn a corner and an enemy that was nigh-impossible to see kills me in one shot. It definitely keeps you on your toes. I just wish you could skip dialog if you die right before a cutscene.

As a huge fan of mp1/2 that i play weekly i fucking HATE this game. Max Payne has a simple formula and you would think it would be pretty difficult to screw up but rockstar still managed it.

I cannot stand that you can only carry 3/2 weapons only too show off there animation engine. What a dumb design decision taking out some of the fun of expanding your options and arsenal.

Typical bullet time is just about useless as it's used up way to quickly and doesn't really provide any advantage. Shootdodge uses all of your bullet time quickly yet doesn't keep from doing shootdodge or have any effect on it, this seems like another dumb design decision. Mp2 improved upon bullet time by making it so it would recharge slowly but more importantly the more guys you killed in a short period of time would cause time to slow down more while also speeding you up and allowing you to easily dodge bullets.

None of this is even present in mp3 and the fact that shootdodge is so ridiculously over powered and not very fun to use makes standard bullet time useless. In mp3 shootdodge stops time then turns you into a hovering UFO capable of sniping 3-5 guys in one dive with a single pistol. Shoot dodge in mp1/2 was about spraying bullets and chaining dives to dodge bullets but you can't do this is mp3 because it takes forever to get back up. Mp3 does add a new feature that auto aims to that last guy that shot you as a last stand and uses one of your painkillers if you kill him. I found it really annoying and would rather just die from my mistakes then take the controls away from me. I get enough of that during the constant interruption of cut-scenes.

The presentation could be the worst part of the game and looks like someone who got happy in sony vegas and set random effects every 5 fucking seconds to give you a seizure during the cut scenes. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Multiplayer isn't worth your time and i would have rather had a expanded dead man walking mode.

^I like all of the things he hates.

A lot of overblown hateorade but he makes a few criticisms I don't disagree with.

I still love the game. It's one of the best games I've played this year thus far, easily.

A lot of overblown hateorade but he makes a few criticisms I don't disagree with.

I still love the game. It's one of the best games I've played this year thus far, easily.

And it was twice as awesome at $30 bucks for me. So double win for those who took a risk for $30 and were surprised with a pretty damn good game. The controls are pretty solid on PC as well, even my wife enjoyed just watching me play it. Because it was more than just a run and gun game, there was that cinematic storytelling element that kept it interesting.

And it was twice as awesome at $30 bucks for me. So double win for those who took a risk for $30 and were surprised with a pretty damn good game. The controls are pretty solid on PC as well, even my wife enjoyed just watching me play it. Because it was more than just a run and gun game, there was that cinematic storytelling element that kept it interesting.

I paid full price for the game and couldn't fee happier about it. It's fantastic.

Anyone who got this game at $30 needs to be doing carthwheels in the streets as far as I'm concerned.

I just felt like he made a couple of interesting comparisons between how a few things in this game were done vs part 2 but it all came together REAL well for me.

Pretty much man. I agree that the weird seizure-like effects are annoying, but other than that, it pushed the game in a new direction, and not a bad one at that. He's only carrying the amount of guns he'd be able to on his person in a real-life situation. May argue that it's a game, and that it isn't necessary, but it adds another welcome layer of depth to the game. Personally, I found the game very difficult, dying pretty profusely even on Normal, so I used the Normal Bullet Time more than the Shoot Dodge to survive.

Pretty much man. I agree that the weird seizure-like effects are annoying, but other than that, it pushed the game in a new direction, and not a bad one at that. He's only carrying the amount of guns he'd be able to on his person in a real-life situation. May argue that it's a game, and that it isn't necessary, but it adds another welcome layer of depth to the game. Personally, I found the game very difficult, dying pretty profusely even on Normal, so I used the Normal Bullet Time more than the Shoot Dodge to survive.

My biggest annoyance is we should be allowed/able to skip cutscenes if we want and especially in Arcade Mode.

Really. That's about the extent of my complaints for the game as a whole.

My biggest annoyance is we should be allowed/able to skip cutscenes if we want and especially in Arcade Mode.

Really. That's about the extent of my complaints for the game as a whole.

I wish there was more content. I want to keep playing it. :eek:

I should try MP3. I never really played the other two, but it sounds like this one should be fun.

Back