Resident Evil 4 (remake)

In RE2Remake knives are one-time use disposable if I recall... Still got to finish that game....
Nope, but they did degrade from usage. One of the unlockables in RE2make is an infinite knife. In REmake they had a dagger as a defensive weapon, and those were one use items.

And then there's this beaut

maxresdefault.jpg

can't you remap?...I never use default kb/m layouts...I use the arrow keys for movement (not WSAD) so that alone is one of the first things I change
I too remap everything around and on the number pad and substitute WASD for arrow keys.
I've been using glovePIE ever since games like Dead Space and Dead Rising made directional movement key rebinding a PITA.

What lol? Are you serious? Crouch has never been anything other than c or ctrl in any fps I can think of.

And 99.999% of kb/m users use wasd for movement.

I'll take your word for it...I never use WSAD so I just looked at the location of the E key compared to WSAD...but everyone should be remapping KB controls...never use defaults

Wow this plays great at 4k maxed with atmos on my rig. I played the original on GC long ago but never finished it. Probably pick this up and the Deluxe RE7 & 8 on Steam while the sale is going on.

I just hope they keep it stupid/cheesy

edit: they poured the schlock on thick in RE2 remake so I'm hopeful

Trying to run 60 fps with vsync and there were several 1-2 fps drops for no reason as my 4090 is just barely being taxed at the settings I am using. I had one bad drop all the way to 53 fps just walking around outside.

Trying to run 60 fps with vsync and there were several 1-2 fps drops for no reason as my 4090 is just barely being taxed at the settings I am using. I had one bad drop all the way to 53 fps just walking around outside.
If your power management mode is set to normal (Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D settings), your 4090 could be conservatively managing the core clock while playing a game that isn't taxing the GPU, so you might see a drop when demand suddenly hits and the GPU core clock needs to jump to meet that demand. If GPU core clocks are dropping in-game while GPU demand is low, I recommend adding the game to nvidiaProfileInspector or Nvidia Control Panel to force power management to max performance for RE4. That should force the GPU to maintain a higher core clock so it doesn't snooze while you're in the game and might eliminate those drops.

If your power management mode is set to normal (Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D settings), your 4090 could be conservatively managing the core clock while playing a game that isn't taxing the GPU, so you might see a drop when demand suddenly hits and the GPU core clock needs to jump to meet that demand. If GPU core clocks are dropping in-game while GPU demand is low, I recommend adding the game to nvidiaProfileInspector or Nvidia Control Panel to force power management to max performance for RE4. That should force the GPU to maintain a higher core clock so it doesn't snooze while you're in the game and might eliminate those drops.
That has nothing to do with it. It seems to be mostly the same spots triggering the little drops. Nearly every Unreal Engine game has also done that same thing forever but even worse.

I got the crash right as I triggered the cinematic where the villagers suddenly leave me alone -_-

This game does seem pretty crash happy.

I went to play through the demo again, and somehow could continually crash the game if I clicked through the adverts at the start really quick.

Now I can't get RTSS to attach to the game without crashing. Second I toggle it on, insta-crash.

Also now the intro cutscene is laggy as fuck. Gameplay is fine.

This game does seem pretty crash happy.

I went to play through the demo again, and somehow could continually crash the game if I clicked through the adverts at the start really quick.

Now I can't get RTSS to attach to the game without crashing. Second I toggle it on, insta-crash.

Also now the intro cutscene is laggy as fuck. Gameplay is fine.
It crashes if you do not have enough vram with ray tracing on. I would get that crash with my 3080 ti but not a single crash with my 4090 even on much higher resolution.

Disapointed that capcom still is using dated engines. Runs well at least.. I also like HOW dark the game is now. Won't be day1 for me cause remake... But during a sale + some patches ill get eventually.

Disapointed that capcom still is using dated engines. Runs well at least.. I also like HOW dark the game is now. Won't be day1 for me cause remake... But during a sale + some patches ill get eventually.
Uhh what's dated or wrong with RE Engine

Yeah RE Engine is pretty good, that said, no zombies, I'll pay max $30 for this one seeing as original was good

Played it, not that impressed to be honest.

things I don't like about it:
stuck at 1440p?
certain keys can't be bound
movement seems to sensitive
toggled sprint and crouch - no I don't think so
auto-flashlight - stupid, just like re2, I want to use my light when I want to use it, not when its auto programmed
shooting is slow and boring (pistol) just like re2 again, you literally have to wait a second before you can shoot again, wtf ever....yawn

didn't plan on picking this up at launch anyway, but still these things make me even less excited about it.

Last edited:
Game looks amazing at 4k, I did notice HDR knocks my performance down almost 40-60 percent or so, seems really odd to me. Also the game stutters when doing in-game cut scenes. Anyone else noticing these issues? I'm guessing this build of the game is fairly old. Won't be a day one purchase for me until the HDR issue is ironed out.

wat? i'm not seeing that

i'm gonna try one more time later with ray tracing off (last time where i got the crash at final cinematic it was it ray tracing set to normal)
Try playing with HDR on vs off, performance difference was absolutely massive for me.

xp2dphx5pvna1.jpg

Extra costumes are dumb (not the good dumb), hope they still have knight armor and mafia outfit

Seriously? That’s what I paid an extra $10 for? Pft.

There's also a Victorian-esque 'Hero-Leon' costume and game filter and a 'Villain-Leon' costume and filter

The Villain one looks like V from DMC5 lol

Resident Evil 4 (Remake) Review- Refinement, Not Reinvention

There are two entirely different audiences for the Resident Evil 4 remake: those who have played the original game, perhaps multiple or even dozens of times over the last 18 years, and people who have never played it, but want to know what the fuss is all about...let's start with the former: unequivocally, if you are a fan of Resident Evil 4, you must play the remake

From a visual and level design perspective, the Resident Evil 4 remake knows precisely when to be nostalgic and when to be fresh...as great as this remake is – and let me reiterate, it's incredible – I do not think it will show you why Resident Evil 4 was so groundbreaking...it just can't...there's no universe where this game will ever be as important as the game it remakes...it can't come out in the same time, space, and context as the first Resident Evil 4...somewhat ironically, it's only as good as it is now because it exists in a post-Resident Evil 4 world...

https://www.gameinformer.com/review/resident-evil-4-remake/refinement-not-reinvention

Definately will buy when its on sale. Hate paying full price for new games, lol.
I use my credit card rewards points to buy Playstation/Steam gift card codes with. It's the only way I can bring myself to buy new games 😅.

I actually pre-bought this one (I wanted to support the project), so I'm glad it isn't a letdown. After playing the demo, I kinda figured they hadn't screwed the pooch.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Back