replacing eMachines PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

iGamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
1,666
I am running an older emachines as a PFSense Router, and while the current 300W Bestec PSU is running fine.. (its the original PSU from 2004 ) I have heard of horror stories of it killing the mobo and ram... so am looking to replace it in the near future.

I have a PSU in mind, but was seeing what you guys think!

What I am looking to get is the 300W Seasonic SS-300ET which is 80 Plus Bronze Certified, I can't spend more than $60 on this, as I'm on a tight budget but am open to other PSU suggestions! :)
 
The Seasonic will be fine if the board is ATX 2.x; does the board use the 4 pin power connector or just the ATX connector? If it's just the ATX connector it's an ATX 1.x board and you're probably going to need to find a 1.x power supply for it as I doubt that any <=$60 ATX 2.x power supply will run it.
 
I personally wouldn't spend the $60 on that machine. Buy an Antec Basiq 350 for $30 or one of the various other cheap FSP/Sparkle based units out there. With either of these the PSU should outlast the mobo.
 
Thanks guys, and yes it does use the 4 pin connector. .. I should have posted specs

2.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 (just was upgraded from a 2.53GHz Celeron D, about 5 minutes ago.)
1GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (not original, both have heatsinks)
40GB Seagate ATA/100 Drive, again not original
2x Intel Pro/100 Server NICS.

I'm also considering the 400W Corsair, as I have been very happy with the Corsair 750TX in my personal rig that runs 24/7. Its $29.99 after MIR.
 
I say get the Corsair 400CX
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
That settles it! Danny, you're the man! You deserve it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top