Recertified 960GB M500 from Crucual.com

I'm surprised mine came in on Friday. It didn't ship until Wednesday and it was coming from Idaho to Chicago - and that was with the free shipping option.

I agree something is wrong with his setup.

My 2nd 960GB arrived, I got the same benchmarks as you.

Man what a deal we got!

Thanks Crucial! :cool:

Pffttt...I'm gonna wait 6 years and buy a 1TB SSD for $160 and then I'm going to laugh at all you cause I got an even better deal!!!

Pffttt...I'm gonna wait 6 years and buy a 1TB SSD for $160 and then I'm going to laugh at all you cause I got an even better deal!!!

Probably won't take that long. Two years ago a 500GB 840 EVO cost what the 1TB 850 EVO costs now (slightly more actually), and that's normal pricing, not an aberration of a deal like these...

Also, you jest but there's people buying their first SSD today (nothing wrong with that mind you) and THEN coming back to complain about how they were overhyped and sold on something that made no difference blah blah blah...

I've had half a dozen SSD since 2009 (80GB X25-M - $220) and can't imagine not running one today. I'm still forced to work on systems with HDD as OS drives on a weekly basis and the disparity is really annoying.

6 years is a long time in tech. By then 1TB will probably be the minimum SSD size and cost $50-70.

That sounds about right, if prices keep dropping at the rate they are... I think 3D NAND processes holds up at least that long. I wonder if SATA will be around then tho... How long did it take for PATA to disappear after SATA was commonplace, like 7-8 years?

Mine was got here in a few days with the free shipping so don't pay for anymore unless you just cant wait 3 days or so.

Well got both my drives installed after a long wait with MS because I have family pack windows 7 keys and have to activate by phone pain in the butt.

Drives are blazing fast run just as they should really impressed.
Cant wait to get some games on them and see how much of a difference it makes.

Was a great way to put off a new build for a couple more years and get the little extra space I needed.

Because at some point all of these drives supposedly had issues and were returned to Crucial. Are they fixed and properly working now? To the extent that Crucials testing methodology says so. What if the user was having a legitimate intermittent issue and Crucial wasn't able to replicate it so they turned around marked it as good? This is a great deal, I wouldn't have any problem buying these drives if I could find a use for them. I'm not brave enough to put them in raid 0 given their history.

I sent in a Crucial m4 256 for rma a long time ago. Received an obviously refurbished ssd thats been working for a few years now.

Mine got here in a few days with the free shipping so don't pay for anymore unless you just cant wait 3 days or so.

ditto, I did the free standard shipping, ordered on Wednesday and it arrived on Monday

I ordered 480GB version but it arrived DOA. I am sending it back for a replacement.

That's sucks but it happens to any drive or component though.
I have ran test on all my refurb drives got games installed and everything is smooth and quick and at half the price or less willing to take a chance on them..
I would just call it a fluke and not worry about it these seem to be solid units.

That's sucks but it happens to any drive or component though.
I have ran test on all my refurb drives got games installed and everything is smooth and quick and at half the price or less willing to take a chance on them..
I would just call it a fluke and not worry about it these seem to be solid units.

Yes, I agree. I sending my unit back on Tuesday.

Buying refurbs is always a crap shoot. Only buy when the cost savings justifies it. In this case it did.

I have 4 Seagate refurbed 1TB drives in a Synology NAS that have been running 24/7 for years and never had a problem with them. Just opened it up yesterday to blow the dust out. All 4 still check perfect. On the other hand, I've had terrible luck with new Seagate drives and try to avoid them.

Hmmmm, when I run this it says "The drive is currently busy performing an operation." for the Crucial drive but not for the Sandisk in the same system.

Its seems a little buggy I just wanted it to check my smart status and drive health.
seems like sometimes it gets stuck on a drive and you need to exit out and start it back up. Not the best tool but was the only one I could check my health with crystalDiskInfo wouldn't do it.

SW is crap. Just uninstalled it. Stupid how it will read my Sandisk but not the Crucial that it was designed for.

I ordered 480GB version but it arrived DOA. I am sending it back for a replacement.

Ditto... dead 480, appears to be a bad controller. Crucial support was fantastic though, cross shipped a replacement that arrived next day along with a prepaid label to return the bad one. Glad it failed out of the box, just cost me a couple of days instead of any real pain - the M4 that its replacing has been flawless, it just got full

I had to return mine. TCG Opal drive encryption became enabled on the Windows install, but wasn't working properly. My PC was resetting itself, and the logs pointed to TCG Opal authentication errors. Trying to use Crucial's tool to disable TCG opal did not work either.

Back