RE: "Am I too hot?" threads.

haha thanks a lot I guess I know what I'm going to do now...u got a good point about the exhaust fan just recycles heat! thats really true if u think about it...
Since I got the two steath ones allready...I might just use those two and put it as an intake (by the way it moves 27cfm of air)...dun wanna just throw them in the grabage haha...it's also a good idea because noise at the front of the case is pretty annoying...at the back...its ok...won't be as loud...
also I might get that Vantec Thermoflow Case Fan which moves 23-41cfm of air, pretty quiet too...or should I just get the Thermaltake 80MM 37CFM Case Fan - 30 dba? not sure which one is good

do u think that setup would work nice? any suggestions? thanks

I think I might apply the artic silver, during the break or something...I have never taken the cpu out, or heatsink...so i have no clue at all how to do it...I'm like a newbie

for the heatsink fan...I think I will stay with stock - good enough :D

Again, thanks for ur suggestion Man, u helped me a lot
 
Originally posted by Imp
haha thanks a lot I guess I know what I'm going to do now...u got a good point about the exhaust fan just recycles heat! thats really true if u think about it...
Since I got the two steath ones allready...I might just use those two and put it as an intake (by the way it moves 27cfm of air)...dun wanna just throw them in the grabage haha...it's also a good idea because noise at the front of the case is pretty annoying...at the back...its ok...won't be as loud...
also I might get that Vantec Thermoflow Case Fan which moves 23-41cfm of air, pretty quiet too...or should I just get the Thermaltake 80MM 37CFM Case Fan - 30 dba? not sure which one is good

do u think that setup would work nice? any suggestions? thanks

I think I might apply the artic silver, during the break or something...I have never taken the cpu out, or heatsink...so i have no clue at all how to do it...I'm like a newbie

for the heatsink fan...I think I will stay with stock - good enough :D

Again, thanks for ur suggestion Man, u helped me a lot

Heh, np. that plan you listed should work out fine, just make sure you're ready for the Tornado before you pick one up.....it's louder then all hell and can't really be described by words. ;)

Don't worry, we were all newbies at one time, just enjoy it while it lasts and start reading up. :cool:
 
haha...the only problem I'm having now...is actully how the heck do I open the front case lol? I can open up da sides, but however the front...I dun see any nails
 
Originally posted by Imp
haha...the only problem I'm having now...is actully how the heck do I open the front case lol? I can open up da sides, but however the front...I dun see any nails

Is it a farly recent retail purchased case or somethign you've had for awhile? Not all case fronts come off as easily as others. Some people have to sometimes go to the extent of removing rivets to get the front off if it was never meant to. Or maybe you're even more unlucky and the front is machined to the rest of the case. :confused: :(
 
Originally posted by Imp
I believe it's some no name case

http://www.uniprotechnology.com/images/products/case/930_S.JPG

there are fan slots in the front...so I'm guessing it is possible to take it out :D

do you have any way of getting/taking pics of the inside of the case for me? Even if there's places to put fans there isn't always a way to take off the front panel.....not all cases are meant to have holes in the bezel for intake. Take Coolermaster for example. Their cases are top-notch designer boxes but many of their designs lack front intake holes. I'm just not sure EXACTLY how yours is setup inside.

Maybe you could get creative and cut a hold in your side panel and put an intake fan right over the CPU.....that's the best/easiest way to drop temps 'cus the air's flowing right onto the HSF.

If there's no way to get any intake holes into your case it's questionable whether or not intake fans will help at all.....seeing as they'll just be blowing the warm air from inside the case to the back and up towards the CPU.....not necessarily bringing in any cooler air to work with. That might be why people may have told you not to put the fan(s) in the front. Let me know how it's set up.
 
damn dat sux, yeah there's no hole dat leads to the outside :/
I hate this case lol....side will do good but then I dun wanna risk it by drilling a whole :/ because this comp is new

I might try to find a way to open it...and I'll see from then on...nope dun have a webcam, or a dig camera :/

dat sales person who sold me this case said "it is easy"
lol

can u possibly tell me where possible screws can be to open the front case?
 
looks like in the inside, there's these white circular thingys that is attached to the front case
 
I just thought I'd jump in here quick and pass along some good news to you guys. I got pretty bored tonight and decided to put my comp back in my YY-0221 cube server case and now I don't think I'm taking it out. I haven't tried overclocking it again yet but at stock clock, my 2.6C is sitting at 22C idle and 33C max load!!! :D

It's pretty funny 'cus I've just got one 92mm (fairly noisy) fan blowing on my Zalman CNPS7000-ALCU and no exhaust in that half of the case at all.....and yet my temps are still where they are.....I love it.

I just thought that maybe I'd be able to convice a few people not to try water cooling quite yet.....seeing as I'm able to get my nice P4 down to 22C on quiet air cooling I don't really see any point in me buying water cooling anymore......hell, my temps'd most likely go UP.....what the hell's the point in that then.

I might even be able to drop the 2.6GHz idle down to 20C if I get the all copper Zalman 7000 and add in the 120mm intake I want over the CPU.....should be interesting. I wonder if i could find a way to drop my idle by 1-2 degrees but my load by more so that I could have it under 30C max load??? Maybe. ;) :cool:
 
dats quite nice, nice air cooling...I'm trying to still find out is 50 degrees on max stress on vid card mem pretty high?
 
Originally posted by Imp
dats quite nice, nice air cooling...I'm trying to still find out is 50 degrees on max stress on vid card mem pretty high?

Heh, thx. :cool:

Does the Asus have temp monitoring on the core AND ram??? Weird. :p
 
yes haha

how do u know if it is stable at that settings or not?
and is 50 high?
I find when i play games, it lags and da player leaves a trial behind him or something
 
Originally posted by Imp
yes haha

how do u know if it is stable at that settings or not?
and is 50 high?
I find when i play games, it lags and da player leaves a trial behind him or something

is that 50C on the ram at stock clocks or overclocked. If you're getting any kinda of visual anomoly that's from the ram FOR SURE it might be time to RMA the card.....they're not really sposed to artifact at their stock clock speeds.
 
50-52 overclocked ram

RMA?

I dunno I think its just laggy or something...because I was running Prince Persia on everything high
 
Originally posted by Imp
50-52 overclocked ram

RMA?

I dunno I think its just laggy or something...because I was running Prince Persia on everything high

Maybe, I keep forgetting you've got a 9600XT. Try some other games and see if it's just POP. The only thing to watch out for is what I was saying before.....any visual anomolies/artifacts in games at stock speeds usually means a bad card. It sounds like you're not quite at that point but just keep your eyes pealed.

In the mean time.....game on brotha. :D
 
haha I ran it at overclocked speeds...and it was trailling...but then I moved back to stock speeds (not clocked), it wasn't anymore...so I think its the ram :/
 
Originally posted by Imp
haha I ran it at overclocked speeds...and it was trailling...but then I moved back to stock speeds (not clocked), it wasn't anymore...so I think its the ram :/

See, that wasn't to hard now was it? ;)

I'm glad you sound like you've got it figured out.
 
I'll have it at default for now...since u won't see much of a different, and no matter how much u overclock it is still a ati radeon 9600 XT
 
Originally posted by Imp
I'll have it at default for now...since u won't see much of a different, and no matter how much u overclock it is still a ati radeon 9600 XT

You'll also see the most gain from overclocking the core so keep that in mind also.
 
I dunno wuts up with my video card

When I was playing a game, with no unclocking I got this msg!!

VPU Recovery has reset ur graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands

WTH?
 
Originally posted by Imp
I dunno wuts up with my video card

When I was playing a game, with no unclocking I got this msg!!

VPU Recovery has reset ur graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands

WTH?

You don't have to be overclocking for VPU to kick in. It will but in and basically bump your graphics to safe mode so you can save your shit and restart just in case something happens with your video card that is software/driver related. Normally you'd just have to shut down the system but VPU lets you "finish up" first.

It could just be some stupid driver conflict/issue with whatever game you were playing but you don't have to be overclocking so don't worry about THAT.
 
ok when I was playing a game...there was this line dat came down (it was just a line that obviously came down from this wall, line didn't permantely stay there tho - some distortion to the image, ) is that signs of artifact? - I'm not sure is "no vertical Sync" doing dat...or is it my clocked speeds


and I was getting 49/52 degrees celsius when I was playing, should I cut down my clock?
 
Originally posted by Imp
ok when I was playing a game...there was this line dat came down (it was just a line that obviously came down from this wall, line didn't permantely stay there tho - some distortion to the image, ) is that signs of artifact? - I'm not sure is "no vertical Sync" doing dat...or is it my clocked speeds


and I was getting 49/52 degrees celsius when I was playing, should I cut down my clock?

Well what game was it? Do you know if you would have been running over 60-85fps??? It was most likely an artifact.....generally memory artifacts tend to look more like jagged (or thing) lines that pop up out of nowhere.

try throttling your clocks back.....give the memory 5 less MHz (10MHz DDR) to start with and see if you notice the anamoly again. This is very common that after testing the overclock in 3dmark and stuff, some games will still show those little nasties. ;) :p

Hope ya fix it.
 
haha thanks I'll try dat out later! :D

it was Prince of Persia game
 
Just wanted to check if my temps are ok:

AMD 2500+ Barton OC'd To 3200+ the very simple overclock for now untill i get off my lazy ass to order a new HSF, stock dont cut it. Im running a consistent 50 C idle, and only 51-52 C Full Load... seems a bit wierd.. but i ran P95 for 8ish hours and never hit anything above 52 C..... These seem fine to me but better check as a OC'ing nub to make sure im not frying everything to hell.

-cAB=
 
Originally posted by Cabaku
Just wanted to check if my temps are ok:

AMD 2500+ Barton OC'd To 3200+ the very simple overclock for now untill i get off my lazy ass to order a new HSF, stock dont cut it. Im running a consistent 50 C idle, and only 51-52 C Full Load... seems a bit wierd.. but i ran P95 for 8ish hours and never hit anything above 52 C..... These seem fine to me but better check as a OC'ing nub to make sure im not frying everything to hell.

-cAB=

If you're just using something small along the lines of the stock AMD cooler there's no way in hell your gap from idle to max load can only be 2C.....that isn't even possible with water cooling. 52C load isn't THAT bad but it could definitely be better.....nothing important to worry about NOW. However, I would look into getting some other way of monitoring your temps or checking around to see what might be wrong with what your board is reporting.....dunno.
 
im using motherboard monitor to montior my temperatures.... i was told is one of the better programs for doing temperatures.. took me a min to get it configured but its set up now.. maybe i need to run a better stress test.. im using a test the using the whetstone equation to test.. ive been trying to get p95 to work again.. but keeps giving me a hardware error even when on stock clock.... dont know whats up with that... o well i thought the difference in the temps was very strange.. o well ill look around for another stress test mean while anyone have a suggestions for a stress test other than p95?

-cAB=
 
Originally posted by Cabaku
im using motherboard monitor to montior my temperatures.... i was told is one of the better programs for doing temperatures.. took me a min to get it configured but its set up now.. maybe i need to run a better stress test.. im using a test the using the whetstone equation to test.. ive been trying to get p95 to work again.. but keeps giving me a hardware error even when on stock clock.... dont know whats up with that... o well i thought the difference in the temps was very strange.. o well ill look around for another stress test mean while anyone have a suggestions for a stress test other than p95?

-cAB=

It isn't a problem that has to with with HOW you're stressing it, Prime is just fine. Personally, I think that the problem lies in how you have configured MBM. Have you tried the temp reporter built into Sisoft Sandra to see if the results come through the same?
 
Originally posted by cornelious0_0
It isn't a problem that has to with with HOW you're stressing it, Prime is just fine. Personally, I think that the problem lies in how you have configured MBM. Have you tried the temp reporter built into Sisoft Sandra to see if the results come through the same?

At least his mainboard is giving temp readings at all. :p I have some Socket 370 boards that don't have ANY support for MBM5. :( I don't think they even have the sensors...
 
I was thinking about Watercooling my rig, here are my temps..


idle: 105F-107F
load: 113-115F

~If i was to Watercool, how many degrees F would it lower my temps?~ :confused:

Right now i think my Volcano 7 is doing alright, but i wanna make sure im not waisting my money on H2O for nothing.



(please reply in °F, i dunno °C that well)
 
Originally posted by 133
I was thinking about Watercooling my rig, here are my temps..


idle: 99F-100F
load: 112-115F

~If i was to Watercool, how many degrees F would it lower my temps?~

Right now i think my Volcano 7 is doing just fine, but i wanna make sure im not waisting my money on H2O for nothing.



(please reply in °F, i dunno °C that well)

Well I hate to break it to you but it isn't as simple as asking "How much will it drop my temps???"

There's so much that comes into play with both air AND water cooling that to make even an educated guess could mean a complete shot in the dark.

Your idle temp or 100F (37C) is already doing fairly well. What is your room temperature and case temperatures like? Adding water cooling to your system won't necessarily lower your idle beyond the point of no return but it WILL shrink that gap between your idle and load temps considerably.....that's one of the primary uses for it. Seeing as your computer is hardly ever idle when you're actually USING it, it's the max load temps that matter a hell of a lot more.....and that's just what will come down in the end with a little h2O.

Again, I am in no position to say just HOW MUCH your temps would drop but seeing as the Volcano 7 is kind of a sub-par cooler to begin with I can fairly surely say that with a little Arctic Silver 5 you'd be laughing and the thought of ever NOT having water cooling.

That's just my .02.....hope I helped.
 
Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Well I hate to break it to you but it isn't as simple as asking "How much will it drop my temps???"

There's so much that comes into play with both air AND water cooling that to make even an educated guess could mean a complete shot in the dark.

Your idle temp or 100F (37C) is already doing fairly well. What is your room temperature and case temperatures like? Adding water cooling to your system won't necessarily lower your idle beyond the point of no return but it WILL shrink that gap between your idle and load temps considerably.....that's one of the primary uses for it. Seeing as your computer is hardly ever idle when you're actually USING it, it's the max load temps that matter a hell of a lot more.....and that's just what will come down in the end with a little h2O.

Again, I am in no position to say just HOW MUCH your temps would drop but seeing as the Volcano 7 is kind of a sub-par cooler to begin with I can fairly surely say that with a little Arctic Silver 5 you'd be laughing and the thought of ever NOT having water cooling.

That's just my .02.....hope I helped.


I think i'll buy some Arctic Silver 5 :D
 
Originally posted by 133
I think i'll but some Arctic Silver 5 :D

Get on it, nobody should be without it. Never settle for any of that generic crap that comes with coolers nowadays. There is so little silver content (if any at all) that it's funny.

If you're gonna do it, do it right.
 
I'm currently using the stock AMD hsf (yeah stupid me, and lazy too!) with arctic silver 2 (only stuff around) on a xp2100+ - under regular idle its actually sitting pretty high (58c-59c) and on full load I've seen it run as high as 71c, it has never crashed.

from what it looks like, from other peoples posts, that this doesn't seem overly healthy. I have a 120mm exhaust immediatly beside it, and I will be putting a 120mm intake today or tomorrow.

any suggestions? I'm also in the market for a decent hsf, not sure what I should buy?
 
I have the same processor as you & mine is overclocked, and i have never seen my temps go that damn high (71C).

Get rid of that stock HSF & get a name brand like Zalman, Swiftec, or Thermaltake.

I have 2 intake & 2 exhaust fans +psw ones


71c sounds damn high for the 2100+
 
Originally posted by 133
I have the same processor as you & mine is overclocked, and i have never seen my temps go that damn high (71C).

Get rid of that stock HSF & get a name brand like Zalman, Swiftec, or Thermaltake.

I have 2 intake & 2 exhaust fans +psw ones


71c sounds damn high for the 2100+

Good advice there 133, straight forward and to the point.

Welcome to the forums. :cool:
 
Well, i actually just cleaned my entire case out (1 can of air - $6.99) - that dropped the temp down to 48c (<-- thats messed) . But i'm still going to be looking for a new hsf, not sure which one though, i can get a volcano 11 for pretty cheap (35 bucks or something), are they decent? as apposed to the zalman (sp) and stuff?
 
Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Good advice there 133, straight forward and to the point.

Welcome to the forums. :cool:

Where did the 7 go? :p

Before you get a heatsink, check to make sure it uses a retention system that is compatable with your mainboard. I bought a $40 hsf that wouldn't fit on my FIC AU13 because it did not have the mounting holes.
 
Back
Top