Razer Mamba $105.98 at Amazon

bitgod

Gawd
If you've been thinking about getting a Mamba but wanted it a little cheap than the normal $129 that everyone has it at, I just noticed Amazon has it for $105 today. Of course I just bought mine last week, sigh.

I'm pretty happy with mine, no problems. They just came out with a FW update in the past few days and there's another one known to be on the way in the near future.

The real question is: Is it worth $100?

I honestly would like to know. :cool:

The responsiveness when gaming with Razer mouse is unquestionable, with the added wireless mode, you no longer have to worry about wires getting in the way when playing competitively. It's really the best gaming experience you can have, mouse wise.

Granted though, although I'm not a Razer fanboy in anyway, my last three mouses have been Razer's... Copperhead, Lachesis, now Mamba.

I'd say it's definitely worth it if you play competitively to any degree.

Competitive + Wireless = lol.

Wireless tech has improved 100x from the old stuff... I have an old microsoft PS/2 wireless mouse somewhere..

I just have trouble considering $100 on a mouse that I'd probably break in a few months... I'm happy sticking with MX518's for $35... I only buy a new one when the rubber wears out... Logitech replaces them for free if they ever have hardware issues

Nice discussion but this is still [H]ot Deals, so a link would be great.

Linky for the lazies. :D (EDIT: Beaten by less than a minute :( )

I use a Razer Deathadder, and I agree, Razer does make great mice. I can't say I've ever had any major problems with having a wire on my mouse, gaming or not, but I guess wireless can be nice. One thing I dislike about wireless mice is that a lot of the time they're really heavy.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Eh my Razer Lycosa (From woot.com) was a refurb and the touch-sensitive buttons died within 30 minutes... then a Razer Deathadder which lasted about a month before the button started double-clicking, and the middle button would work 1/2 the time...

I like their stuff, but I haven't had any luck with reliability... although I have a Razer AC-1 which is still running good...

Then I had to ship it back to them, and then get the replacement... I <3 Logitech... they just send you out a new one...

I was using a Razer Diamondback 3G I bought from Woot (new, though) for quite awhile before I got the Deathadder. Decided I didn't like the Diamondback only because it was too small for my hand. :(

The Deathadder feels a lot like the classic MS Intellimouse, which I really liked. Went through about three of those back in the day before they fixed the issue with the cord coming undone just inside the mouse.

I saw this mouse at Fry's and was thoroughly impressed with the case/box. For something that comes in such a fancy container, it better be good.

I've had my Diamondback for 3 years and it's still going strong today. I wouldn't doubt Razer even for a second.

I just have trouble considering $100 on a mouse that I'd probably break in a few months... I'm happy sticking with MX518's for $35... I only buy a new one when the rubber wears out... Logitech replaces them for free if they ever have hardware issues
They replace them when the rubber wears off too :p

There's a pretty helpful review over here.

It sounds like a great piece of hardware, but I can't see myself buying one until it's somewhere in the $60-70 range.

The option to run it wired if/when you run out of batteries is nice. And apparently it is almost identical in feel to my Deathadder, which is doubly nice. :cool:

Eh... looks nice, but I'll stick with my G9. Even for someone with a good deal of disposible income, $105 is a lot for a mouse. I'll wait until it's in the $50-60 range.

My experience with razer is they either make really good stuff (love my AC-1 Barracuda) or gimmicky crap, and invariably it's over-priced the first year on the market.

Edit: Dammit, I'm in for one after reading the reviews. Why do I even bother arguing with myself anymore...?

Last edited:
bah.. I'll stick with my X8... I've had several Razer mice and I just don't like the shape of them, just not comfortable for me..

I got excited about this mouse for the wireless feature, but I end up using my computer for so long that I had to plug the wire into the mouse to charge it. And it's been there ever since... :(

If you use your computer for most of the day sometimes, treat the purchase like a souped up Death Adder :)

If I were to choose again, I would have gotten a brand new Death Adder instead.

Last edited:
My vote is also for death adder. Most comfortable and natural mouse I've ever used. Lefties need not apply however.

those 2 extra buttons next to the left button looks super useful, but NONE of their other mouses have them...lame.

How often do you guys buy new mice? I'm still using an MX510 from like 5 years ago, which I clean every once in a while.

Also, does a ridiculously high dpi actually help in games? My lowly MX510 already seems accurate as hell, and I've raped hundreds of thousands of CS:S players with it. So maybe they're sensitive enough that the mouse never has to move more than 3mm in any direction... well my fucking hand muscles aren't sensitive enough to control that shit.

The funny thing is going to be the kid owning you with a $10 generic from Newegg. Anyway, no mouse is worth $105 to me, but whatever floats your boat.

all i know is that i bought the original razer back in q1 days, and it sucked ass. swore id never give razer another shot. especially for the prices. logitech g5 seems a much better mouse for the price.

The funny thing is going to be the kid owning you with a $10 generic from Newegg. Anyway, no mouse is worth $105 to me, but whatever floats your boat.

I used to think that about peripherals -- no keyboard, mouse, printer etc. was worth x amount. Then I thought about how much time I spend working and playing on my PC -- I actually think now that if there was a nicer mouse that I'd enjoy or would be more comfortable for $200, I'd buy it.

If I drove a lot, I'd sink a lot of money into a car for example... If I spent a lot of time sweeping, I'd prolly by a really expensive/nice broom. It's all about getting the most out of your money I suppose, the equation being if I spend x amount of hours doing something, and y is the pleasure/comfort/improvement I'd get out of a new product, I'll should pay z for the product (regardless of what that product is).

I used to think that about peripherals -- no keyboard, mouse, printer etc. was worth x amount. Then I thought about how much time I spend working and playing on my PC -- I actually think now that if there was a nicer mouse that I'd enjoy or would be more comfortable for $200, I'd buy it.

If I drove a lot, I'd sink a lot of money into a car for example... If I spent a lot of time sweeping, I'd prolly by a really expensive/nice broom. It's all about getting the most out of your money I suppose, the equation being if I spend x amount of hours doing something, and y is the pleasure/comfort/improvement I'd get out of a new product, I'll should pay z for the product (regardless of what that product is).

I need to send this to my wife. It's a great justification for owning about 8 different mice at any one time.

Back on topic, I recently picked up a Habu. The main buttons used by Razer are really a treat. They are extremely responsive, even to the slightest touch. But if you're really hard on your mouse, you might want to reconsider going with Logitech or Microsoft. The main buttons for Razer mice are a softer rubber material and become damaged under hard use, giving the double click ghosting effect. MS and Logi mainly use hard plastic buttons and can withstand abuse by Neanderthal gamers. Think of the difference between a scalpel and a chef's knife. Both are very sharp and can get the job done but one REQUIRES you to use finesse, not brute force, to do it.

Last edited:
all i know is that i bought the original razer back in q1 days, and it sucked ass. swore id never give razer another shot. especially for the prices. logitech g5 seems a much better mouse for the price.

I still have my razer diamonback 1600 dpi

Still love it. Best 35 bucks I ever spent on woot ;)

I still have my razer diamonback 1600 dpi

Still love it. Best 35 bucks I ever spent on woot ;)

Same. Got it as a Christmas gift when it was still around $60 retail and it's still going strong today.

Variable DPI via a key/macro is pretty handy. Its almost cheating in zoomed in sniper mode and aiming down the barrel modes . Games are usually designed so that you get onto a target using regular fps mode, then zoom in. When you are zoomed in on the 'scope' in sniper mode most games usually over sensitize the response so that its hard to get a dead accurate shot, or they under sensitize it so that you can't quickly track your mouse to correct for the perfect headshot, and so that you can't easily switch targets or pan your view. Other games only allow accurate firing when you hold any weapon crosshair/notched sight up to your 'eye', artificial retarding your aim otherwise. In these artificial aim retarding games, your weapon/aim usually moves much slower when you hold it up to your 'eye', aiming down the barrel. DPI control in this case allows you to move your gun sight quickly again for as long as you want, then toggle back to slow if desired or you just get good at aiming fast down the barrel without the game limiting your aim speed. Either way, and to some degree with any weapon, having a ultra fast dpi control on the fly with one or two buttons is a huge advantage once skilled with it imo, more so the more the game retards damage and accurately aiming from the hip and/or rewards aiming down the sight/barrel. Along with good macros and buttons in a mouse, high dpi helps this.. how high you need probably depends on your screen resolution and preference though.

Somewhat hot if your going to buy the razr, anyways.

But the logitech g9 has been 50$ or less many times on amazon/etc.

I've bought mice/keyboard for over $80 and I swore I'll never spend over $50 again

i got this for free in a contest, and i have to say, i prefer my g9 because of the scrollwheel tilt.

those 2 extra buttons next to the left button looks super useful, but NONE of their other mouses have them...lame.

Agree.

Needs more dpi...

Disagree.

I remember skimming an article where one of the guys at Razer went over all the challenges they had to overcome when designing this mouse. From what I've read, this is the first time a wireless mouse has really fooled serious gamers with performance virtually on par with some of the best wired mouse. I'd really like to get the chance to try one. I've been kicking butt with my DeathAdder for well over a year now, and I have yet to have a single issue with the thing. It has been incredible, and it gets way more use than it should: Photoshop, video editing, and FPS gaming, as well as some RTS/RPG in my spare time. :D I would definitely buy another Razer mouse again.

Most definitely. I bought a 30" LCD simply due to how much time I spend in front of my computer. However, at least for me, the differences between $30 mice (my MX518) and $100 mice (Logitech revolution, MX Air, etc.) just don't feel or function any better. Personal preference :).

It needs to come down to $70 or it needs a lifetime warranty attached to its $100 + price tag.

I do like the idea of a multi button high DPI wireless lazer gaming mouse though :) If I catch a used one on the forums here for $60 or so I might grab one then :)

Mine arrived yesterday. It's a beautiful piece of work. Pretty much the perfect mouse imo. Best feeling mouse ever, blows my old G9 away. Most definitley worth $100 once you see it and use it a bit.

The packaging is absolutely sick. My wife's sister got a birkin this past Christmas that wasn't wrapped half as nicely :eek:

Back