Razer DeathAdder 29.90 @ GoG@mer

just tinyurl it if you really want to have it as a link.

anyway, deathadder = hands down my favorite mouse in recent memory. beats the mx rev, g5, g9, intelli mouse, and copperhead, imo.

Razer Deathadder for only $34.89 with expedited shipping is pure win.

just tinyurl it if you really want to have it as a link.

anyway, deathadder = hands down my favorite mouse in recent memory. beats the mx rev, g5, g9, intelli mouse, and copperhead, imo.

I've tried out 518/ diamondback 3g/ steelseries ikari optical / sidewinder and g9 already, lets see how this mouse will stack up against g9 and sidewinder, my two current favorites.

I've tried out 518/ diamondback 3g/ steelseries ikari optical / sidewinder and g9 already, lets see how this mouse will stack up against g9 and sidewinder, my two current favorites.

I did like the Logitech mices.. but

I had a Logitech G5 and well, at first, for the first day.. I used the DPI switcher a lot. But then, I didn't use it at all. To me, there's never really a crucial moment where on the fly DPI switching is absolutely necessary to play the game or to pwn (from regular carbine use to sniper, for example). So, from then on, I never made it a factor on my mouse purchases.

What became critical was comfortability though. During a long gaming session, my hand would cramp up with the G5. So I switched to the DeathAdder and no longer have that problem. Paired with the Ratzpad XT mousepad, I love the sensitivity and everything about the combo.

Even if my DA died, I'd still buy another one.

I did like the Logitech mices.. but

I had a Logitech G5 and well, at first, for the first day.. I used the DPI switcher a lot. But then, I didn't use it at all. To me, there's never really a crucial moment where on the fly DPI switching is absolutely necessary to play the game or to pwn (from regular carbine use to sniper, for example). So, from then on, I never made it a factor on my mouse purchases.

What became critical was comfortability though. During a long gaming session, my hand would cramp up with the G5. So I switched to the DeathAdder and no longer have that problem. Paired with the Ratzpad XT mousepad, I love the sensitivity and everything about the combo.

Even if my DA died, I'd still buy another one.

Same here, never liked my 518 in terms of comfort for long gaming sessions. And as for on the fly DPI switching I never used it in games with any mouse I own; in any fast paced fps trying to switch dpi is a death wish IMO, unless you camp with sniper rifle or something. Actually with the way the dpi buttons are set up with 518 I had to lock in a single dpi setting through Setpoint to make sure I wouldn't accidentally switch it during gaming. In terms of comfort though G9 is great for me, but I still find the woven cord a big con.

Why is Go Gamer banned? Bad quality?

I asked in the last thread if their Warhammer DoW II could be activated on steam and see the thread got deleted.

Basically, they didn't follow [H] rules for companies to advertise and whatnot. So they went bye bye.

Got one to try out, I've been a fan of 518's for a while but $30 + $5 priority shipping is a good deal :D

I pay that for my 518's most of the time...

I was looking at this for a while, but then decided on the Sidewinder because I liked the way it felt in my hand. I have to hand test a mouse before buying it. Can't just go and buy one on a whim.

Ordered :)

I've been testing one out at my local Microcenter for awhile now and love it. Finally i can get one for $30 instead of the asking price of $60 @ microcenter which i can't justify doing

Is this better than the Copperhead?

Yes, the deathadder was voted #1 out of around 30 different (copperhead was in the list) models/brands in some site. It's worth $30 no doubt. The only problem, and a huge one, with this mouse is that some have a dreaded double click problem. However, it's easily solved with WD40. (not joking)

After a couple tweaks I did to mine, I wouldn't trade it for any other mouse.

Yes, the deathadder was voted #1 out of around 30 different (copperhead was in the list) models/brands in some site. It's worth $30 no doubt. The only problem, and a huge one, with this mouse is that some have a dreaded double click problem. However, it's easily solved with WD40. (not joking)

WD40? How? You just spray under the buttons? Also, what tweaks have you done?

Go gamer is a reputable site for anything to do with games. This is a reputable site for anythingcomputers. Seriously, you guys need to kiss and make up already. Sheesh, it's not like they are Firingsquad. ;)

How is the firmware on the DA? Is it easy to program custom DPIs into the mouse?

I was suggesting that maybe it should be unbanned?

Oh haha, I guess I mistook your meaning, I know seriously, we should make an appeal or something, it's bullshit that Go Gamer was so stupid in the first place, Hopefully someone catches Kyle on a good day and asks for them to get their ban lifted.

Better than the Copperhead? I don't think so. Maybe looks-wise, but the Copperhead has 2000 DPI whereas the Deathadder has 1800 DPI, despite the Copperhead being an older model.

I only use 1600 of it, but it's good to know it's there. :p Been using my Copperhead for at least 3 years now and it's still going strong. It's probably the best piece of tech I've ever bought.

I have a death adder from CC and the scroll wheel has stopped being a button. This sucks because I use the middle button all the time with my work. This is an awesome mouse though. Love the feel.

I have a death adder from CC and the scroll wheel has stopped being a button.

I experienced this last week as well, but a reboot fixed it, at least for now. Driver issue?

Fantastic deal though, paid $50 for mine and I think its still worth it.

Better than the Copperhead? I don't think so. Maybe looks-wise, but the Copperhead has 2000 DPI whereas the Deathadder has 1800 DPI, despite the Copperhead being an older model.

I only use 1600 of it, but it's good to know it's there. :p Been using my Copperhead for at least 3 years now and it's still going strong. It's probably the best piece of tech I've ever bought.

51480-mousescore07.png

I used a copperhead for 2-3 years and switched to a deathadder the past 2 years. I very much enjoy the deathadder, feels very comfortable. The copperhead took some getting used to since it was made for left and right handed people, but its great nonetheless. So either you buy for comfort, or for DPI, at the time I was gaming hardcore so I loved the sensitivity, but comfort is always great.

Back