Ratpadz - shipping is still FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one for my little bro's setup and decided to "test it out" and I am in love now!! Why don't they come in any larger sizes though? I'd really love something that is around 12x12...
I know. I want one that covers my entire desk! They could call it Ratpadz XT XXL!!!

Just received mine tonight! Looks and feels fantastic.

First thoughts:
SLIPPERY! Maybe it was the cheapness of my old pad (neoprene top/foam bottom) I was fighting, but now the mouse glides effortlessly. There is adequeat palm area, and thus far, very comfortable. Unfortunately, I've yet to test some games, but web surfing across 2x 23" monitors is sweet.

+1 for Ratpadz!

Just received mine tonight! Looks and feels fantastic.

First thoughts:
SLIPPERY! Maybe it was the cheapness of my old pad (neoprene top/foam bottom) I was fighting, but now the mouse glides effortlessly. There is adequeat palm area, and thus far, very comfortable. Unfortunately, I've yet to test some games, but web surfing across 2x 23" monitors is sweet.

+1 for Ratpadz!
lol. you think it's slick now? try putting some pledge on that baby!

anyone know how well these things do with the razer lachesis. they are very finicky when it comes to usable surfaces

anyone know how well these things do with the razer lachesis. they are very finicky when it comes to usable surfaces

Ratpadz will buy the pad back from you and pay shipping should you not like it. It is a no risk deal. :)

Just got an XT in the mail after 3 days.

The first thing you will find out is it is just a single piece of plastic that has been lathed down to have smoother corners. Even though it is a much simpler product than I thought it to be, it is incredibly smooth coming from an Xtrac Ripper Pro (which is basically a standard mousepad marketed for gamers, it's my moms now lol). The pad won't budge anywhere, and it won't 'smear' over like a normal mousepad would when you put pressure on it in one direction, it stays right in it's place until you lift it up.

It's a very good product and I can't see it 'malfunctioning' at all, meaning no fraying, no possible wear. The size is just right, however I am still transitioning because I have always used a slightly smaller mousepad, so I haven't taken advantage of this fully yet. A good way to judge the 'smoothness' of the pad is that when I lift one side just a little more than an inch off the desk, my DeathAdder slowly slides downhill, meaning this thing works! For $20, you can't really go wrong considering this is an investment that will probably effect your computer experience every day until it wears out, and this thing is going to take a while before it wears out.

Just ordered the XT -- going to give it a try in hopes of it being better then the crap Razer Goliathus I use now (it gave me a RASH btw...)

I hate to ask - when will my pad arrive? I ordered it a week ago.

Just for future reference, I would suggest you use the ratpadz.com contact page in the future if you need support. They do not monitor our forums and I do not have access to that information.

I Just got my Ratpadz XT and it's awesome.Now i can play Borderlands with ease.:)

P1010633.jpg

I should have really phrased my question in another way. My fault. By what I said, I meant "how long should it take after ordering?"

But in the end, I did get it and have been enjoying it ever since.

Thanks! :)

Ah...sorry about that. Depends how far you are from TX. At the most 4 to 5 biz days, at least, next day in some cases. USPS is usually on.

Kyle, just wanted to say thanks! For designing and developing these padz, they're awesome!
My friend introduced me to them after getting 2 and I was sold.

Ordered mine on the 8th of this month and got it this tuesday :D I LOVE my Ratpadz XT and I've managed to convince a lot of my guild mates in WoW to get one and a few family members too ;)

Thanks again for such a great product!

I just got my ratpadz XT today. Awesomeness. I didnt imagine the mouse would flow that well, it's like ice

It was bent a little but I bent it back. Nothing major.

I got mine today. The mouse slides smooth as butter on the surface of the GS, but the tracking is a little less precise than what I was getting with my old cloth-based pad. Works well, though, I should be using it full-time for gaming. When I'm in Photoshop, though, I may have to toss my cloth pad on top of it for a bit more control. All in all, though, I think it was a justified purchase that I put off for far too long. If this thing lasts for at least a year, then I will consider it a great buy and grab another one when that time comes. 8/10

EDIT:

Mandatory pic

IMG_5961.jpg

:D

Last edited:
gah, i get distracted and miss the 5 dollar off sale :-/. Curse you school!!

they were 10 and 20, respectively. now they are 15 and 25. or am i just smoking something and not know it? (which is entirely possible)

they were 10 and 20, respectively. now they are 15 and 25. or am i just smoking something and not know it? (which is entirely possible)

Well, the page on the ratpadz website says 15 and 25, but when you add one to your cart and look at the shopping cart, it comes up as 10 and 20.

dude I owe you big time. now I just gotta make sure i didn't get it as a Christmas present :cool: As it seems, I am smoking crack as I did not even think to check that. Thanks big time!

Reads right on the front page.

FREE USPS Priority shipping in North America on any number of Ratpadz for the Holidays!
$5 Shipping Discount Taken at Checkout!!

Has anyone noticed on their GS that there is a noticable worn spot on the left?

This is what I'm talking about:

IMG_0406-1.jpg

Also, on the XT I just ordered, on the top you can see where the cutting tool which molds the XT starts and ends. Is the XT supposed to look like this? Judging from other pictures I have seen of the product, it should appear smooth all the way around. I fear I've received a dud.

IMG_0405-1.jpg

Bought a GS to replace my worn XT, but also because I was curious as to how the GS compares to the XT.

Fantastic mouse pads, both of them, it seems the GS won't have the warping problem that I've been having with my XT after owning it for several years, but it's a bit less heavy duty, so it may end up with its own problems over time.

Very happy, thanks for the great padz!

I've been using the XT and loved it ever since. I've read that a new larger version is coming out soon is that true? Kyle?

Anyone have a recommendation for a mousepad just like the Ratpadz that is a bit smaller?

My G15 rev1 already eats up most of my keyboard tray.

I'd turn this one sideways but my measurements show I only have about 8". I love the hard mousepad concept with some heft (I hate the mouse getting "sticky" on stuff).

ha so I just got my ratpadz xt in the mail (to replace my worn out GS I've had for over two years now), and as I told my roomates about it they made fun of me. They were like, "haha, it'll improve your gaming for sure!"

so I handed the mousepad over and told one of them to try it, so he moved his mx518 (that he bought with my recommendation) from his dirty cloth mousepad over to the XT and started testing it out. Within seconds, he was like, "Dammit! Where did you buy this, give me the link!"

Job well done, Mr. Bennett!

Just received mine in the mail (Ratpadz XT), such a huge upgrade from my old mouse pad!! Such smooth tracking and everything!

Thanks for such a great product! :D

I bought a can of Pledge, the multi-surface one, I'm not noticing any additional slickness on my GS=/ I'm spraying it then wiping it down with a paper towel.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm starting to notice a sorta 'grippy' area in the center/top area of the mousepad, and I can't figure out what it's from. It's not warped, it doesn't look worn (it's less than a month old), and I've cleaned it thoroughly.

Has anyone noticed on their GS that there is a noticable worn spot on the left?

Also, on the XT I just ordered, on the top you can see where the cutting tool which molds the XT starts and ends. Is the XT supposed to look like this? Judging from other pictures I have seen of the product, it should appear smooth all the way around. I fear I've received a dud.

The GS is like that. Just the way it is.

The XT should not be like that, and those are usually culled and thrown away or giving to LAN parties and such.

If you want a new one, use the contact page at www.ratpadz.com and tell Linda and she will get you a new pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back