Rage 2

So sucky they had to give it away less than two years after release
The game is a pile of shit, so yeah. I'll never touch an Avalanche game again after being burned with both this and Just Cause 4. It blows my mind that they did so good with Mad Max and just failed miserably with the next two.

Last edited:
The game is a pile of shit, so yeah. I'll never touch an Avalanche game again after being burned with both this and Just Cause 4. It blows my mind that they did so good with Mad Max and just failed miserably with the next two.
Agree 100%! I really enjoyed the first Rage (even with the MegaTexture issues) so I couldn't believe how bad Rage 2 was.

I think they needed to pick one title and focus on it. The spread hurt them all and I'm with you: They've lost me and I wasn't that big on Mad Max, either. It was "ok."

Rage 2 isn't horrible or anything. It's just mediocre and feels like they didn't put much thought into the end of the game...just like Rage 1. I had some fun with it and as a free game it's worth a go.

It’s really not THAT bad. Definitely some overreaction here. Still, I did enjoy the first one a lot more. The whole “Open World” thing kinda ruins genres that weren’t started with that in mind IMO. RAGE was more open than usual for an id game, but it still had direction, story (though that got thin toward the end) and gave you just enough freedom to feel like you had some. It was good. RAGE2 isn’t amazing by any standard, but it has some good moments, decent combat, etc.

It’s really not THAT bad. Definitely some overreaction here. Still, I did enjoy the first one a lot more. The whole “Open World” thing kinda ruins genres that weren’t started with that in mind IMO. RAGE was more open than usual for an id game, but it still had direction, story (though that got thin toward the end) and gave you just enough freedom to feel like you had some. It was good. RAGE2 isn’t amazing by any standard, but it has some good moments, decent combat, etc.

Exactly. Gameplay and shooting was fun. Graphics were decent enough. Story was weak, but about on par with many other games. Below average at worst. The open world bit was a bit pointless, but was done right in a way. You could largely skip side content but if you found the shooting fun there were a number of set pieces to do and they didn't take too long. Driving combat section and convoys felt very tacked on, because otherwise driving was hardly part of the game. But it wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the parts for what they were. But they felt tacked on.

Is it a great game? Of course not. It is pretty average.

I am just about finished the campaign with only a couple of missions left. I can't be too harsh considering that I paid nothing for this AAA game, but god damn everything about it is so mediocre and forgettable. Graphics, combat, driving, story, voice acting.....all entirely meh. The most interesting gameplay mechanics are the ranger suit powers which are hidden behind pointless mission padding.

I would have been pissed off I had paid full price for this at release, but as a free game its good for several hours of pew-pew and close combat gibbing. After finishing the campaign I can't see myself ever shelling out money for the DLC.

Probably doesn't help that I played and finished Horizon Zero Dawn not that long ago, for me that game now sets the benchmark for immersive post apocalyptic open world games.

I played it a little in 2019 but quickly lost interest. Graphics and art design were great, performance was great, gameplay was ok, but overall I thought it was pretty meh. "mediocre and forgettable" says it well.

Mad Max on the other hand (since it's been brought up) I thought was a masterpiece. Story wasn't very deep but there were some memorable characters and even though the open world type filler was as repetitive as always, the gameplay is so damn fun that I still load it up from time to time just for the mayhem.

Are we playing the same game? I thought RAGE 2 was sick. The action was so fun.

Are we playing the same game? I thought RAGE 2 was sick. The action was so fun.
Rage1 was, rage 2 is mediocre at best, that's what you get when you outsource your games to a studio that has no xp or knowhow in the genre

Jesus Christ people must be starved for entertainment if this thread has devolved into an argument about whether either Rage 1 or 2 were good games.

Finished it last night, mediocre from beginning to end. I need to pick something more entertaining from my backlog next.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I am getting "Rage 2 has stopped working" error when trying to start the game. This is the free version redeemed from the Epic game store. This seems to be a common problem with the game. Anyone know how to resolve it?

There are many solutions offered in those threads. I tried some of them, still not working. This is on a brand new Asus G17 laptop with 5900hx and 3070 gpu. Email Bethesda tech support worth a try? EDIT: I cannot email Bethesda tech support. The support process requires a dxdiag file and it won't accept my file for some reason. This is going to be a real challenge to get Rage 2 to work! I just tweeted them my problem, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I see it as available 02 Nov 2024... :ROFLMAO:

"This offer is currently experiencing issues and is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later."

Last edited:
Back