Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD5570 1GB DDR3
PC: Compaq Presario SR2180NX, MOBO P5LP-LE
User: Knowledgeable enough to be dangerous
Ok, where to start- I've followed the "vague" directions that came with the card, however when I power up the PC, it doesn't go past the initial power-up phase. The DVD-ROM spins up, but I don't hear the hard drive spin up, and I get no image on the monitor. I've disabled the on-board graphics, both in the control panel and in the BIOS, as the directions stated, but no luck. When I take the card back out, everything is back to normal. I've installed a 500W Power Supply since the original (300W) wasn't enough (400W required).
I guess my question is "What am I missing here?" Support from ATI/AMD is not user friendly (to be polite) and I don't know what my next step is... any help would be appreciated.
PC: Compaq Presario SR2180NX, MOBO P5LP-LE
User: Knowledgeable enough to be dangerous
Ok, where to start- I've followed the "vague" directions that came with the card, however when I power up the PC, it doesn't go past the initial power-up phase. The DVD-ROM spins up, but I don't hear the hard drive spin up, and I get no image on the monitor. I've disabled the on-board graphics, both in the control panel and in the BIOS, as the directions stated, but no luck. When I take the card back out, everything is back to normal. I've installed a 500W Power Supply since the original (300W) wasn't enough (400W required).
I guess my question is "What am I missing here?" Support from ATI/AMD is not user friendly (to be polite) and I don't know what my next step is... any help would be appreciated.