Race to 1 Million!!!

whoa whoa..... dont forget little old me! :) Im in it too, but I probally have the lowest PPD out of everyone, so my chances are slim to none! :)

Eh, im only rolling about 7,500 ppd until i get my 8800gt and 2 x gtx 260's up and going so dont worry about being a bottom feeder :)

whoa whoa..... dont forget little old me! :) Im in it too, but I probally have the lowest PPD out of everyone, so my chances are slim to none! :)

Eh, im only rolling about 7,500 ppd until i get my 8800gt and 2 x gtx 260's up and going so dont worry about being a bottom feeder :)

Hey its all for fun.

And just cause you dont get first place doesnt mean you wont win a prize!

Off to a slow start here. It takes time to get 25 x Q9550's up and folding. :) Will hopefully have them all online and folding by the end of the day If I can get enough power to them.

Off to a slow start here. It takes time to get 25 x Q9550's up and folding. :) Will hopefully have them all online and folding by the end of the day If I can get enough power to them.

Pics!

Srsly, where do you even put 25 setups?

Anyone know the performance difference between equally clocked i5's and i7's?

25 x Q9550's .

fawkdance.gif
lol

Started getting them folding on Friday, but still have 9 left to get loaded and ready fold. Also got two more i5's to get folding and about 5 more GTS250 I hope to get online by tomorrow.

I quit!

Freaky, you're running single core clients? We'll help you set up VMs, you'll put more pressure on Puppeteer :cool:

Ouch, the race just got harder :)

ppd.png

I cant run bigadv though as my i7 rig is my "drag to school 4 nights a week" pc :( Oh well, cant wait to get the 260 and 8800gt online!

I've just picked up a load of p2665's that have tanked my VM's PpD vs p2669.
I'm down ~500 PpD per VM.

So goes off to fire up a dual X5355 boxen which I just happen to have lieing around spare ...... :p

I want to see what big-advanced work-units will do on a 8 core box and maybe play around with VMWare Player at the same the time.

Luck ....... :D

Ps. 8 days and counting down.

Pics!

Srsly, where do you even put 25 setups?

Not at my house, burn in testing at work. :D

Only got 4 rigs running at my house currently: Q6600 w/ GTS250, Q9550 w/GTX260, i7 860 w/AMD5870 (5870 is not folding though), i5 750 w/ GTS250 (GTS250 is not folding though). My wife is already bugging me about the heat and noise coming out of my computer room so I don't think I can run anymore at my house.

I've just picked up a load of p2665's that have tanked my VM's PpD vs p2669.
I'm down ~500 PpD per VM.

So goes off to fire up a dual X5355 boxen which I just happen to have lieing around spare ...... :p

I want to see what big-advanced work-units will do on a 8 core box and maybe play around with VMWare Player at the same the time.

Luck ....... :D

Ps. 8 days and counting down.

:eek: heading off to find more power, got to make Tiger work for this one.
Also hoping huricane Ida doesn't knock out power, Its heading this way but looks like it will probably fizzle out by the time it hits Alabama.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if VMware Player will support 16 cores?

I am thinking of bringing up a dually Nehalem box and want to know if this will work for BigADVs?

Damn, I think I'm going to recruit some of the Precision 690s we have at work doing nothing. They have newer dual quad-core Xeons in them. Not sure what speed, but I'm sure they'll have decent PPD :D.

Also hoping huricane Ida doesn't knock out power, Its heading this way but looks like it will probably fizzle out by the time it hits Alabama.
Yeah sucks. Tigerbiten is to blame, he's the one creating the huricanes with the heat from his farm and sending them your way! :p

mmmmmmmmmmmm WORKING SMP clients.... maybe I will give a bit of a challenge to you guys, never know! :)

The images from VMware show 16 cores possible and I believe it was in the release information for the new client. I will have to check again when I get home.

I know it can be done in Workstation.
Im just wondering if anyone can confirm it working in Player 3.0

Anyone know the performance difference between equally clocked i5's and i7's?

depends on which i5 and if its hyperthreaded or not(i dont think the hyperthreaded i5's are out yet but they are coming once the i9's released i believe).. but the performance is pretty much the same you just dont have triple channel ddr3 support with the i5 which doesnt make much of a difference when your folding..

It was an ominous start to the race for me today. We had a power outage for a couple hours, of course I was at class so I wasn't able to restart everything for several hours. No storms or anything. :eek:

It was an ominous start to the race for me today. We had a power outage for a couple hours, of course I was at class so I wasn't able to restart everything for several hours. No storms or anything. :eek:

dont you hate when that happens.. happened to me during the chimp challange this year.. everything was running butter smooth.. then the day the challange started all my VM's died and refused to work.. so i have to start them over from scratch and lost both WU's i was working on that were 90% complete..

You may have brought the rain but no power outages, ha. (atleast none in Enterprise, AL)

by the time the storm hit you it wasnt even a tropical storm.. before the eye even hit land it had already dropped to a tropical storm.. by the time what was left of the eye of the storm hit the winds had already dropped to 40mph.. so much for it being a late season hurricane.. but enjoy the rain.. to bad you couldnt ship some of that rain over here on the west coast..

and so much for 2009 having the worst hurricanes in history.. 0 hurricanes hit US soil this year.. good job environmentalists.. lets make everyone freak out about absolutely nothing..

That rain storm hits me tonight and all day tomorow.... stupid tropical storm! :)

cur_se_720x486.jpg

send the rain to me!!!!! I WANT THE RAIN!!!!!

rain here means warmer weather.. im sick of it being 60 degrees during the day and 40 degrees at night.. i want clouds dangit!!!

lassiterb has taken the lead!

01 - lassiterb (38,649,043) 206,753 pnts
02 - Tigerbiten (55,370,129) 202,992 pnts
03 - Gkanakis (4,111,842) 175,688 pnts
04 - 404 - File not found (4,590,217) 161,797 pnts
05 - Nitrobass24 (1,713,499) 100,012 pnts
06 - Newxperiment (2,100,775) 44,130 pnts
07 - 84gthatch (11,592,144) 43,836 pnts
08 - T4rd (1,042,332) 40,220
09 - arnemetis (4,964,343) 38,333 pnts
10 - Dookey (4,730,747) 25,103 pnts
11 - flogge (3,647,745) 24,405 pnts