Race to 1 Million!!!

I'll stay on the sidelines and referee for you guys, or be the cheerleading squad. I'd really like to see some of the younger guys win this one without my getting in the way. I will pony up an Antec 430 Power Supply for the winner though, if they're interested. Let me know if that's an acceptable offering...;)

Ax

Alright we have a good list going so far.

We will be taking entries until start time.....so if you get your rig up and decide you want in you know what to do.

Also although this is a race, we have participants from all over the PPD map.
Im going to figure out a prize to throw in
Gkanakis has one
and whoever else can donate too.

Depending on how many/what prizes we have we will select a random number and that place will win the prize!

Did you not tune in to the Antec Earthwatts 430 PS I mentioned offering to the winner earlier Nitro? Was just curious, cause you didn't mention it in your post about prizes. :confused:

Did you not tune in to the Antec Earthwatts 430 PS I mentioned offering to the winner earlier Nitro? Was just curious, cause you didn't mention it in your post about prizes. :confused:

I'm sure it got lost...... that is a very nice PSU for a single GPU boxen.

Yea sorry about that.

Yea that would be a great prize!

Maybe I can come up with a mobo/cpu combo to throw in there and giveaway a complete system. that would be cool.

i guess im in just for the fun cuz i know its for a good cause

Alright guys this is shaping up to be quite a competition.
Keep em coming!

And PM your badge if you havent already!

:D preparing my secret weapon :p

let the smack talking begin:

YOU ALL GOING DOWN

24774DG%7EI-Fling-Poo-Posters.jpg

muhahahaha.... im trying to get this SMP thing figured out, when I do.... watch out..... 3 E8600's and 2 Q9550's are waiting, muhahahahaha.

:D preparing my secret weapon :p

let the smack talking begin:

YOU ALL GOING DOWN

Of coarse smack talk is OK.

It will be awesome to beat you with your old equiptment!!

How's that to get started! :D

Last edited:
stares at my 295's and nitro's 275's

If you sold those, whats you secret weapon?

stares at my 295's and nitro's 275's

If you sold those, whats you secret weapon?

Wouldn't be much of a secret if I told you now would it? :D

I tell you after I win ;)

here is a hint though:
248_D_samurai_025.jpg

Last edited:
Me thinks he is refering to mower...

Anyways, just got rig 2 up, 20k at 75% production
Ive also got rig 1 up, 15k at 50% production

Too bad I'll be gone, but I'm cheering for you lassiter, I am curious now

Just want to see if I have everything right here.

1 - As of 0:00am on Sunday the 8th everybody starts at 0 points. Your first points of the competition will come at the 1am update that we all can see on the [H]ardfolding site.

2 - First one to a million wins! If two people cross the million mark at the same update, the one with the higher total wins.

3 - Everyone must have fun!

4 - Tigerbiten must tie one hand behind his back! :D

no need to do that, I'm hoping to give him a run for his money during the competition.

no guarantee but i'm gonna try. Linux SMP style.

Last edited:
Of coarse smack talk is OK.

It will be awesome to beat you with your old equiptment!!

How's that to get started! :D

It will be even more awesome to beat you even though you have a good chunk of my old equipment.

Just want to see if I have everything right here.

1 - As of 0:00am on Sunday the 8th everybody starts at 0 points. Your first points of the competition will come at the 1am update that we all can see on the [H]ardfolding site.

2 - First one to a million wins! If two people cross the million mark at the same update, the one with the higher total wins.

3 - Everyone must have fun!

Yes the competition starts in 37 Hrs.
If you dont have your badge PM'd to me by the start of the race you will be DQ'd

I'm ready to go! Pulled a ton of 787 pointers yesterday and managed 26k in one day, a new top score for me :) Finally fixed the 9600gso so it's full steam ahead from here - Ready, Set, FOLD!

I'm ready to go! Pulled a ton of 787 pointers yesterday and managed 26k in one day, a new top score for me :) Finally fixed the 9600gso so it's full steam ahead from here - Ready, Set, FOLD!

Awesome d00d!

hopefully there are more as I pm'd him my badge but it never got put on the front page. :(

edit: nevermind, its there now.

Last edited:
So..... did any ony get the starting numbers for everybody?

I will get them from the front page at midnight when the race startsm.
Everyones starting values will be put next to their name.

So..... did any ony get the starting numbers for everybody?

Although I am watching this race from the sidelines, I would like to point out that it is possible for contestants to cheat right at the start. I would encourage everyone to NOT hold onto their points until the midnight update and then reconnect thus giving you a jump start on the competition. Your last update before the contest begins should be in line with your normal updates. You shouldn't have a tiny update and then a huge one when the contest starts. It is more fun when everyone plays fair.

Although I am watching this race from the sidelines, I would like to point out that it is possible for contestants to cheat right at the start. I would encourage everyone to NOT hold onto their points until the midnight update and then reconnect thus giving you a jump start on the competition. Your last update before the contest begins should be in line with your normal updates. You shouldn't have a tiny update and then a huge one when the contest starts. It is more fun when everyone plays fair.

I agree with this...please note though that I recently switched to the bigadv units, and the first one should be completed sometime w/in the next two days and it may appear that I was saving points...I assure you my clients are running normally :)

If this happens then I'll just sit this one out. I don't have time to play this kind of game.

Ok since there will not be an update between now and the start time in 55 minutes, I have gone ahead and updated the orignal post with starting numbers.

Fold [H]ard!

I wouldn't worry about people holding onto points to turn in for an early start. This contest is just for fun and with such ppd discrepancies and the fact that it is to a million points, it wouldn't matter anyway :p For me it's extra incentive to make sure my clients all stay running, and that I should game less so my 260s keep producing :eek:

I'm wanting to get a new low-profile 9600, if I do it'l be folding. I'm also looking to replace my 8800GTS with an HD5850 (I know; only 3000ppd, but both stanford and ATI are claiming with the new high performance client written in that new molecular language it'l be boosted substantially), and if those drivers ever come out, both of those guys will be folding (I'll see if i can find an orphaned 8600GT a home to fold too). If I can, they'll all be folding, and then I should have a good whack of PPD (maybe what... ~10k?). Problem is this is going to happen around x-mas time. But yeah, I'll see if I can advance that scheduling and get these boxes folding asap.

Just made it to 5 million. So from 4 million to 5 million its a win!!!!! allow for some critical rounding down to nearest million correct? I got the laptop Folding for this event but have not been able to add any more yet still working on it though. We will see what I can pull together. Good luck everyone.

fold on.

My last update before the race started was zero, but that was not intentional. I was gone over the weekend and my Vista box had restarted while I was gone. I got home and re-started it at about 11:00 pm CST. If it makes sense to dock me a few points go ahead.

NO,

Thats just dumb to think that someone could rig it.
If it was a race to 100 points then it would matter, but any variance on the starting point by 1 or 2 updates wont affect this race.

Back