Race for ATi X1950Pro - Official Contest Thread

Roman79 said:
Yikes! The FISH overtook me :eek:

I knew this catch and release program was a bad idea :D

Yea, everything seems to be getting back to normal. I dont really know what the reason for my slump in production is but It seems to have worked itself out.

I've also started swapping out systems at work (my first build is this weekend) so hopefully all my P3's will soon be C2D systems.

BLUEFISH44 said:
Yea, everything seems to be getting back to normal. I dont really know what the reason for my slump in production is but It seems to have worked itself out.

I wish I could figure out whats up with my PPD......I'm in the shitter for a week now....:(

Crosshairs said:
I wish I could figure out whats up with my PPD......I'm in the shitter for a week now....:(

I just checked your stats and yea, WTF, quite a change. I main issue was most of my boxen where crunching those 2124-5 WU's that take forever. you may want to check that you may also want to check that other server issue that has F@H on windows stuck in a loop. Something about the wrong WU's being sent.

BLUEFISH44 said:
I just checked your stats and yea, WTF, quite a change. I main issue was most of my boxen where crunching those 2124-5 WU's that take forever. you may want to check that you may also want to check that other server issue that has F@H on windows stuck in a loop. Something about the wrong WU's being sent.

I've been getting a crapton of those 2124-5 WU's as well, and it has been driving me batty.

I've made a few tweaks that should help my PPD a good bit, but we'll see.

My production is not as good as it could be...

Can't believe I downloaded the free WoW trial and got addicted to it :rolleyes:
I always used to make fun of people that played it...and now it's stealing GPU time. How ironic.

Its funny you mentioned that becouse i was looking for a new game lately and really was tempted to D/L WOW. I was saved when a guy at work bought BF2 and got me hooked on it again.

I think i may enjoy it but i dont think i could live with myself or look anyone in the eye that i once made fun of for playing it.

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Bryce did someone lite a rocket under you or what?

I think he just kicked in some vtec, yo. I hope he doesn't sustain that for my sake... though my PPD should be going up by a few hundred.

I turned in 2678 points yesterday..I hope my slowdown has ended :)

Woo Hoo..I'm making some good points again

Watch out ....I'm on my way back up :).....

Looks like I finally took a big ol' dump of some units I had been chewing on forever. Now to get my latest addition folding.

A genuine Dell Optiplex GXA with a slot 1 P2. Oh yeah, look out everyone.....

I got this machine from my Uncle's office which was being shut down. The funny thing is that the inside is COMPLETELY CLEAN. No dust at all. It is like the machine was never turned on. Now I have a fine like new paperweight.

Official Week 5 Scores:
week5.png

brycejones said:
Now what were the runner up prizes?

Hawking Technologies 16 port 10/100 Switch, with rack-mount brackets

Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8Ghz / 800 FSB... not sure on other details

Intel Pentium 4 - 2.26 Ghz / 512k cache / 533 FSB / 1.5 V Sl6D6 Costa Rica

Intel Pentium 4 - 2.0 Ghz / 512k cache / 400 FSB / 1.525 V SL6CQ Malaysia

So is this latest assault to lock 3rd going to be sustained or will the race tighten yet again?

brycejones said:
So is this latest assault to lock 3rd going to be sustained or will the race tighten yet again?

We'll see. I'm expecting a lighter points day tomorrow, and given that I've only got a 170 point lead (down from 3k earlier today), I'll have to make another run for it on Thursday.

vtec13.jpg

So I've had a decent day today. Now I'm waiting to see what Schro brings to retake 3rd. :)

Hey Cedric Battle Fart ---

you are still beating me. just wanted you to know that I care. and I am close behind you. sorta. :D

brycejones said:
So I've had a decent day today. Now I'm waiting to see what Schro brings to retake 3rd. :)

I'm forcasting 2k-3k points for tomorrow, but thats just a blind guess on my part.

I'm also forcasting 1500-2k for you tomorrow, so we should be even at the end of the day.

Schro said:
I'm forcasting 2k-3k points for tomorrow, but thats just a blind guess on my part.

I'm also forcasting 1500-2k for you tomorrow, so we should be even at the end of the day.

My forcast for today has changed, as I got home from a 3 day business trip to find that the power went off at some point (likely Monday evening) and took out 6 of the 7 CPU's folding at my pad.

Schro said:
My forcast for today has changed, as I got home from a 3 day business trip to find that the power went off at some point (likely Monday evening) and took out 6 of the 7 CPU's folding at my pad.

Damn! Power it up and get them folding again!

Schro said:

Yes, yes, my plan worked!

Hahaha. Entertainment.

I figured something was up when I couldn't remote desktop into my boxen from the hotel, but just attributed it to the $10/day intarweb connectoin being the sucketh.

Everything is back up and running now, so hopefully I can pull a rabbit out of my hat and take 3rd for good.

w00t!

300,895 Contest Points.

Fold on friends!

edit: user overtake : brycejones - 1 day , tseuhpyde - 3 days
top 100: 10 days

I have not been able to do anything since I fell behind you a while back Jon.... but I have now ramped slightly and am nipping at your heals! :eek:

I'm dropping like a stone...I ain't happy about it, but I cant seem to make any headway :(

I have some parts I'm in the process of buying from from Flecom..but I doubt I will get them set up to help me here ...

Crosshairs said:
I'm dropping like a stone...I ain't happy about it, but I cant seem to make any headway :(

I have some parts I'm in the process of buying from from Flecom..but I doubt I will get them set up to help me here ...

Overtake ETA is 7 days :p

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Congrats to the new third place holder. Bryce. :cool:

We'll see about that, though the 2 days of non production from 6 cpu's may be the stumble that he needed to secure 3rd. I'm down, but not quite out. I'm expecting to deliver a good day today, which should even us up again.

Has anyone had any luck with the GPU client on an AGP card? I'm getting tempted to make a purchase to make up for some lost time....

sobe said:
I have not been able to do anything since I fell behind you a while back Jon.... but I have now ramped slightly and am nipping at your heals! :eek:

Now that's a little funny cause it has been almost 24 hours since I've turned off my PC - main point producer... and you are "nipping my at my heels" no longer :)

Back