Quick routing question.

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by Hakaba, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hakaba

Hakaba I Think I am Funny, but I'm Not

Does anyone foresee an issue with the loop running like this? Or should i swap it from the top of the res to the bottom and enjoy a 10" vortex... As it is now with lite testing the 2700x idles between 28-40c and 1080ti at 24c, ambient temp is 23c.

Route is Res > Pump > Rad > GPU > CPU > Res

IMG_2048.jpg

2. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

It is unclear to me what you are asking is a problem or not.

Is the tube in the red circle kinked? I can't tell.

Personally I wouldn't run with a kinked tube. I'd get another angled fitting.

It's an interesting loop you ahve built. I don't think I've seen any builds with people routing their tubing to the back of the motherboard tray before.

3. Smoked Brisket

Smoked Brisket n00bie

My current system is in a pc08 case and has soft tubing behind the mobo tray and hard tubing in the front. The tube circled red looks too kinked to me. I would worry that it would fully colapse and kink over time as it will be hidden from view. I would add a 90 degree fitting as above poster said. Loop config is just fine.

4. Hakaba

Apologies for the confusion, came home from a long day at work. After reading the post I realized it probably lacked context or information, which is bad since I was not asking myself for information... The top left tube is just there for filling, I'll cap it after the air bleeds out so I can top the system off.

What I meant to ask was, is there a problem leaving the loop setup as is, red ring is the end of the loop/return line from the CPU. Or should I move it to the bottom port on the res, green ring. From last nights testing and what I was reading up online it should not really cause an issue.

IMG_2049.JPG

5. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

Shouldn't matter either way. Personally I would leave it at the top so that all of the liquid is circulating rather than just the part at the bottom of the reservoir.

6. VanGoghComplex

VanGoghComplex [H]ard|Gawd

I don't recognize that reservoir, but if it doesn't have some kind of downtube on the top return line to prevent "waterfalling" and aerating your coolant, you should move the return line to the bottom. I've only ever heard of vortexing, and have never seen it.

7. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

Vortexing isn't going to happen with a reservoir that tall and the flow rates a D5 is capable of. If it was 2 inches tall vortexing might be a concern.

8. cyberguyz

cyberguyz Gawd

Yeah I agree with the return at or near the top to give the content of the radiator a reasonable amount of turbulence. I also agree there should be some internal tube that brings the return water in below the liquid surface to prevent that aeration business.

9. Hakaba

It is a Monsoon MMRS, but now I have another issue. After I fully drained the system and performed one last pressure check the system is leaking air, it will not hold above .5 bar for more than 5 or 10 minutes. So hunting down what fitting is having an issue, such a pain. No leaks for the last few days and now this, but atleast it’s air and not mayhem leaking all over the place.

10. Hakaba

Well everything is up and running, the fitting behind the PSU looked fine but it was loose.

Now just working with the Aquaero, fans are spinning but the noctua hooked up to the splitty 9 is not reporting RPM.