Q6600 on July 22: will there be enough?

I'm trying to decide on this too.. I was about to order everything for an E6420, but now I'm thinking that July 22 isn't all that far away.. Plus, I actually do animation, 3D and video on my computer on the side, so a quad core would be really nice to have..

I sold my E6600 a few weeks ago and am using an E4300 to tide me over in the meantime until my Q6600 purchase... I'll be sitting and refreshing constantly closer in toward the drop, as will a lot of people on forums. With the low demand so far I doubt shipments have been huge, so there may be a temporary (2-4 week) shortage due to the vastly increased demand as suppliers get back up their stock levels.

I paid $260 for my Q6600 from Tigerdirect with XFX 680i Sli motherboard deal.

That's if you count the "full amount" of the board. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good deal, but more so if you want an SLI board. From one of your other threads in the mobo section, it looks like you're getting some good results out of it ;), but it's not like you'd get the full price if you wanted to resell the board and just keep the CPU. You're probably only going to get $175 tops for it even if it's new.

Back