Q6600 mobo help

mode

n00b
I finally got my WC system ready, now the last thing is to pick a mobo. Im planning to OC and dont plan to sli.

Iv been doing too much researching and now i just cant make up my mind.
this are my 3 choices...
dfi LT p35
Abit ip35 Pro
p35 ds3

I'm not a fan of the DFI LT P35, I just sold mine as it's bios was a pain plus the mobo was too quirly to get to boot.

Just be sure to get something solid with good power. Quads tax the mobo power system pretty hard.

Are those the only motherboards available in your area or something? Because Intel's new P45 chipset is already out. I recommend going P45 just in case future cards actually need the full bandwidth needed from PCI-E 2.0.

yeah man, i saw the p45 ones today...looks like i might be getting one since dfi has stupid bios problems.

diamond flower international has a nice p45 board in the dk series. biostar has 2 nice p45 boards out.

If your willing to spend that much on a motherboard then you might want to look into the P5E Deluxe X48. I've seen a couple of reviews saying that this is a pretty good oc board also.

I've never had a problem with Asus Intel boards. The last one I used (maximus formula) was a great board. I would hesitate recommending the P5Q.

Back