Q6600 @ 4.1 GHZ

Discussion in 'Intel Processors' started by annaconda, Sep 4, 2007.

1. annaconda

annaconda [H]ardForum Junkie

Newsetup:

Q6600 @ 4050 mhz (for now)
    Asus P5K Motherboard (this time)
    Crucial Ballistix PC6400 @ 1080mhz

Q6600 @ 4.1 GHZ (Perfectly Stable ) pervious Results

Batch# L727A918

Asus P5K Deluxe Motherboard (New Motherboard replacing XFX 680i Sli Motherboard)

Watercooling 2 seperate loops: for complete system pictures click HERE

Cpu Loop:
    MCP655 -> MCR320 -> MCR320 -> D-tek Fuzion-> MicroReservoir.

LOOK @ the temperatures, i am getting better with the lapping :D

Asus P5K Deluxe Motherboard P35 Chipset

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous Thread Shots: Motherboard was XFX 680i Sli Motherboard, i am keeping it for comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. annaconda

3. turtletrax

turtletrax Limp Gawd

Nice work Annaconda!!!

I am waiting to get my P5K premium and see if I can get higher clocks out of mmy C2Q. I am out of FSB on my 680i.

The G0's are awesome hey!!

PS what are your Prime small FTT load temps of say 30 minutes plus???

4. annaconda

Just did a 10 minutes on Everest Ultimate Tourture Test. I thought if this baby can handle this torture test it will be good, because Everest is the worst tourture test out there. If you don;t belive me try it.

My Fuzion is definately not flat, as i see Core1 has more temperature under load.

VCORE = 1.65 in Bios and 1.55 in Windows is a big Vdrop, but i am working on it to see how far can i go.

[​IMG]

5. unclewebb

unclewebb [H]ard|Gawd

CPUz 1.41 has been officially released. I was just wondering if it finally reports core voltages correctly on your board? Incredible OC, especially for an nvidia board. :cool:

6. annaconda

I can go higher but i did not tried. :D I am more than satisfied with these results.

7. annaconda

XFX 680i Motherboard is awesome.

8. turtletrax

turtletrax Limp Gawd

Gimmie 4 hours and I will believe you then... :)

Not trying to be a dick, but thats the truth. Heat saturation in your loop is a real problem.

9. annaconda

10. z3r0-

z3r0- [H]ard|Gawd

11. Dethred

Dethred 2[H]4U

Show us 8 hours Quad prime95 just to quell any doubts as to stability. Nice temps btw, I really need to lap mine now. I am getting those temps with 1.4v and 3.6ghz.:mad:

12. annaconda

8 hours lol, i don;t have that free time man. I am going to use it to see how it performs in the day to day taks. Like watching HDTV broadcast, GAMES, Video Editing, etc.

But i will try to get some time for 4 hour stability test.

13. winston856

winston856 [H]ard|Gawd

You can't let it run overnight stress testing?

14. annaconda

My computer is only 2 feet away from my bed. If i let it run overnight i cannot sleep, but like i said i will try as soon as possible, but it is working fine right now, i am doing lots of multitasking to make sure it is stable.

15. Hurshai

Hurshai Limp Gawd

I'm willing to let you make that sacrifice.

16. annaconda

lol, good one Hurshai. Ok what is the safe Voltage for Q6600, i am runing it @ 1.6125 in BIOS and in windows it is at 1.57-1.58

17. annaconda

New Super Pi 1M result break under 13 sec

[​IMG]

18. calvieee

calvieee Limp Gawd

Is that a bioshock CRACK folder ?? hehehe:D

19. annaconda

shhhhhhhhhhh be quite :D

20. troisanh

troisanh [H]ardness Supreme

21. AthlonXP

AthlonXP [H]ard as it Gets

nice oc man, but to make it fully legit to be stable you have to run some form of stress testing program for a period of time. Other then that man, nice OC.

22. l3ender

l3ender [H]ardness Supreme

Agreed. We need some solid (at least 6 hours) of Orthos or Prime95 for it to be dubbed "fully stable."

23. annaconda

i am work right now. I might try it tonight, but you guys did not answer me. I mean what will be the safe VCORE.

I had it @ 1.6125 in BIOS, but windows show 1.58-1.57 then under load it drops to 1.55 or might be 1.52. I don;t want to burn the CPU, can i go higher in VCORE, like 1.655 ?

24. jaegertech

jaegertech Gawd

You are already well past the "safe" voltage, which I've read as 1.5v for watercooling. I believe Everest suffers the same temp underreporting as Speedfan, so you are likely well outside the safe temp range as well. What does Coretemp say? If Everest is underreporting, I'm betting your load temps under P95 are going to be above 80C.

Would you mind cropping, or at least resizing, your screenshots? Having to scroll when you are on a 1920x1080 desktop is kinda silly.

25. annaconda

I thought the limit was 1.6V ? correct me if i am wrong.

26. jaegertech

jaegertech Gawd

The chip is speced to 1.372 (B3 & G0) by Intel. Temp varies from B3 at 62C and G0 at 71C. What I've read basically says:

1.4v -1.45v : good aircooling, medium watercooling
    1.45v-1.5v: good watercooling to excellent watercooling
    1.5v+: exotic cooling

Vdroop makes things screwy, but that is a good rule of thumb. Whether you judge the voltage before or after vdroop is between you and your chip. Just don't RMA it if you let the magic smoke out.

27. annaconda

I have D-tek Fuzion + 2 x MCR320s with MCP655 just for CPU, so i call it Exotic. But still i think limit for Quad Core CPU is 1.6V right?

28. jaegertech

jaegertech Gawd

And not a fan on the lot. Exotic is peltier and phase change, maybe even chilled water, but definitely not large passive radiators. Not to say your cooling isn't good, as it certainly falls somewhere in the high end watercooling, but it isn't exotic.

As to what the "limit" is on the G0: nobody really knows yet. There are damned few people anywhere running above 1.55 (you and two other records I know of). It might be that the G0s end up being monster chips that love all the voltage you can throw at them, but I wouldn't bet on it. Sticking under 1.5v and 70C per coretemp after a couple hours of torture is something I feel safe with. Staying under the thermal limit alone might be good enough for your chip to live a few years.

I think you need to get Coretemp installed and do a one or two hour torture test to see what kind of temps you are actually getting right now.

29. annaconda

Well i am runing VISTA64, and CoreTemp does not work with VISTA64 for some reason.

30. cLOUDFAn

cLOUDFAn [H]Lite

it does work w/ vista x64
    get one installed
    I wanna see the vid of this baby:D
    BTW
    nice OC

31. l3ender

You need to disable forced driver signing on startup for it to work. Press F8 before you boot into Windows to do this.

32. APOLLO

APOLLO [H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2009

33. zombiebeat

zombiebeat [H]ard|Gawd

Bloody hell [​IMG] nice work annaconda, you're a black-belt in lapping :D

34. michaLcoughliN

michaLcoughliN [H]ard|Gawd

those mem timings are brutal though..but congrats.

35. annaconda

Well what do you expect from PC6400 5-5-5-15 @ 1000 mhz is not that bad. Is it ?

36. AthlonXP

AthlonXP [H]ard as it Gets

thats pretty good ,now I hope i didnt sound like an ass about its not really legit unless its stressed tested, but thats the truth. overall though that is a great oc and looks to me that you got a good chip. I would play around the 4ghz range right now to see how well that holds up.

37. annaconda

Athlon XP, i did checked the Stress test last night for 10 minutes under Everest. But i will try it tonight for longer like an hour or so.

38. l3ender

TBH an hour isn't that long. It's a nice OC, but it doesn't mean it's (as you said) "perfectly stable" yet. At least 6 hours.

39. Gaiden133

Gaiden133 [H] Ninja

Nice overclock, hope your 6 hr prime95 testing goes well. prime95 imo is the most tortuous on quad cores.

40. unclewebb

unclewebb [H]ard|Gawd

Here's what the Intel datasheet says about maximum voltage for a Q6600:
    http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/31559205.pdf

2.5 Voltage and Current Specification

2.5.1 Absolute Maximum and Minimum Ratings

Table 3 specifies absolute maximum and minimum ratings only and lie outside the
    functional limits of the processor. Within functional operation limits, functionality and
    long-term reliability can be expected.

At conditions outside functional operation condition limits, but within absolute
    maximum and minimum ratings, neither functionality nor long-term reliability can be
    expected. If a device is returned to conditions within functional operation limits after
    having been subjected to conditions outside these limits, but within the absolute
    maximum and minimum ratings, the device may be functional, but with its lifetime
    degraded depending on exposure to conditions exceeding the functional operation
    condition limits.

At conditions exceeding absolute maximum and minimum ratings, neither functionality
    nor long-term reliability can be expected.
    Moreover, if a device is subjected to these
    conditions for any length of time then, when returned to conditions within the
    functional operating condition limits, it will either not function, or its reliability will be
    severely degraded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Table 3 shows absolute maximum = 1.55 volts.
    Beyond 1.50 volts is considered to be outside "functional operation limits."

You are pushing the envelope annaconda. A little crazy but definitely good work! :D