• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSN Welcome Back Program Now Live - Sorta

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Sony's PlayStation Welcome Back Program is live according to the company blog. Problem is, you can't log in right now because the PSN network is currently offline...again. Kinda hard to get your free stuff when you can't even log-in. :(
 
Down because of a zero day exploit ? Or down because of incompetence? Or because their network couldn't handle the traffic ?

Not sure which one is worse at this point . . . .
 
It's up for me. Good luck getting anything off of it though. There are errors everywhere.
 
It is down until the offer expires, then no free stuff. Sounds like a sound business plan from Sony.
 
i downloaded LBP and infamous this afternoon, and im installing infamous right now.

their movie selection kind sucks though... but ive never seen ghostbusters in HD, so ill have to do that this weekend.
 
I got my free stuff earlier. It was spamming errors at me like crazy, but I just kept spamming my X button back at them and got my stuff. Downloaded and installed before the shutdown. Yay me.
 
I got my free stuff earlier. It was spamming errors at me like crazy, but I just kept spamming my X button back at them and got my stuff. Downloaded and installed before the shutdown. Yay me.

I'm guessing this is why the errors are happening, with everyone downloading stuff at the same time, its being like release day steam.:D
 
I'll pass, I would rather not have a handful of shitty games held over my head when it comes time to settle for them losing my personal info. Besides, I already own the only two games off the entire list that are even worth a damn.
 
Got my two PS3 games about half an hour ago. Only had to hit X two or three times to go through. I don't know if I got lucky, the load is lightening, capacity is increasing or (more likely) people like to complain and exaggerate the issue. Regardless, got my games. I'm holding off another another day to claim the month of Playstation Plus in order to get in on the whole week of the Uncharted 3 early beta from June 28 - July 4 :D
 
Someone is going to break in and steal all the free games by tomorrow morning

Psn will be down for a week
 
Someone is going to break in and steal all the free games by tomorrow morning

Psn will be down for a week
^
Got my two PS3 games about half an hour ago. Only had to hit X two or three times to go through. I don't know if I got lucky, the load is lightening, capacity is increasing or (more likely) people like to complain and exaggerate the issue. Regardless, got my games. I'm holding off another another day to claim the month of Playstation Plus in order to get in on the whole week of the Uncharted 3 early beta from June 28 - July 4 :D
Yup. :p
 
The free PS+ option disappeared from the list right when I was trying to get it. I'll try again later. I was able to dl Hulu Plus though. We get a free 30-day trial of that from PSN too right?
 
Downloading my free games right now. I had a couple errors trying to browse through them and start the downloading.
 
hahaha, ok so all the games I remember the prices from before the PSN went down are now $5 bucks higher. Kung Fu Live was 9.99 and now it's 14.99 and Dead Nation is 14.99 even though it was 9.99 before. oh well hopefully Kung Fu Live drops back down :|
 
hahaha, ok so all the games I remember the prices from before the PSN went down are now $5 bucks higher. Kung Fu Live was 9.99 and now it's 14.99 and Dead Nation is 14.99 even though it was 9.99 before. oh well hopefully Kung Fu Live drops back down :|

Wasn't a sale going on for those? I'm probably wrong as I haven't played on my ps3 for 3 months.
 
I only remember there was a sale for Dead Nation but it was $7.50
 
Figures I subscribe to PS+ a day before it goes live. I really wanted to transfer my saved games to my new PS3 though. :(
 
Only 6,000 minutes left on my infamous download! Sigh. Sony PSN has always been a joke bandwidth wise, figures that they would make the free gifts painful.
 
Only 6,000 minutes left on my infamous download! Sigh. Sony PSN has always been a joke bandwidth wise, figures that they would make the free gifts painful.

I had to stop mine at 700MB cause I had to leave for work. Started it up right now and its going at a decent 1MB a second. Should be done in just over an hour.
 
I went to get my free games, made my choices and the system kicked me out 80710D36.
When I was able to finally get back in the games that I chose disappeared.
There is no longer anything available to choose from in the Welcome Back program on PSN.
They don't show up in account management on the PS3, so they were never associated with my PSN account.
 
I had to stop mine at 700MB cause I had to leave for work. Started it up right now and its going at a decent 1MB a second. Should be done in just over an hour.

I'll try restarting the download. I let it go all night-- 3,500 minutes left! :rolleyes:
 
Picked up Infamous and Littlebigplanet the first day PSN was back up, had to go into Account management and then SCEA offers but I was able to get them both on all my consoles the first day it was back up.
 
Sony can go and fuck themselves, offering games which are three years old for this screwup is unacceptable. The only reason I didn't sell my PS3 is because the wife likes Flower. :(
 
Reading over this, with games dissapearing, it sounds like Sony is doing a "free to the first 10,000 people" (or w/e BS number they chose)

I already sold my PS3 before all the network crap so even though I elegable I didnt get squat. However, I did get 45 days of all-access on Station.com (EQ/EQII/Etc) which personally I'm enjoying more than most of the crap PS3 games that were offered free. Did anyone else get the Station.com time? or was I just lucky?
 
picking up inFamous and Super StarDust HD, cause those are only two out of the list of 5 I didnt already have.

Been downloading for 2 days now, inFamous at 85% this morning when I checked. It is going to take forever =[
 
Got Infamous (because I went for Prototype regrettably), and Wipeout HD as I missed that one.

I just left the PS3 running all of Saturday, and it was done.

Now I just need to get my nephew some games for his PSP.
 
i got both games had a few problems but they worked on just had to look in download list and then leave download manager alone. Dead nation took 10-15mins and Infamous took an hour. Make sure you delete the pending downloads cause they fark it all up. Picked up sonic 2 and a couple of themes. Glad i got something for nothing. Now the xbox can take a rest cause i fear the red lights coming back.
 
Back
Top