• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PS5 Pro specs confirmed & analysis

Didn't you buy one? Maybe if they had a disk drive included.
Nah, a $750 console with the drive would flop just as hard.

I got a damaged box, but BNIB Horizon VR2 bundle for $250 today at my local PX. I'm waiting for a similar deal on the Pro next year. They have $300 Slim PS5s already too. So I expect to get a Pro for $500 or so just by waiting a bit.
 
I will drop some coin on it when it drops to 400-450. Think end of next year is a decent target.
 
It already got discounted during Black Friday but still very expensive equipment which I won’t be using as I don’t know which games are coming next on PS.

Once it hits 500 bucks maybe I can think about it.
I ended up selling my OG PS5 to offset the cost and ultimately it cost me ~$400 for the upgrade.
 
Hi guys. If i wanna buy Playstation 5 Pro choose without DVd cd drive? I m downloading games in online
 
Hi guys. If i wanna buy Playstation 5 Pro choose without DVd cd drive? I m downloading games in online

I got a drive-less console, but only download games as well and it's worked out for me. What I appreciate is that I can purchase a separate drive later on if needed (though still believe the console should've included one).

Oh, and unless there's some Costco bundle I don't know about, PS5 Pro only has the 'disc-less' version to choose from.
 
I got a drive-less console, but only download games as well and it's worked out for me. What I appreciate is that I can purchase a separate drive later on if needed (though still believe the console should've included one).

Oh, and unless there's some Costco bundle I don't know about, PS5 Pro only has the 'disc-less' version to choose from.
Just ordered Ps 5 Pro. 2 days and i will got it. Cant wait ;) Without drive but not needed at all. I will be downloading games from internet.
 
Just ordered Ps 5 Pro. 2 days and i will got it. Cant wait ;) Without drive but not needed at all. I will be downloading games from internet.
Not sure how the prices are where you live, but it took 4 game purchases for me to cover the price of the disc drive. Granted I also had quite a few PS4 and PS5 games on disc from before as well which added to the value of having a disc drive. Having online only store creates a monopoly which lets them charge new price for 2 year old games, with only OK sales every now and then, while buying on disc lets you get 2 year old games at 30-80% discount from new price and even new releases are 20-30% discounted on disc compared to PS Store.
 
Agreed. Disc or gtfo. I have managed to recoup costs in full for games I played and finished by selling them. Can’t do that on digital.
 
Discs are the way to go. You can find big discounts on new titles a month after release. That is not even digging into the use market. Digital doesn't go on sale often enough and still don't offer as big discounts unless it is a old game.
 
Discs are the way to go. You can find big discounts on new titles a month after release. That is not even digging into the use market. Digital doesn't go on sale often enough and still don't offer as big discounts unless it is a old game.
The PlayStation Store literally has huge sales going on every week.
 
Ok Playstation 5 Pro delivered to home today. + Monitor DELL Alienware AW2723DF 27" 2560x1440. :)
 
Equivalent to what NVIDIA GPU?
4070 +- 10%
Definitely better than the 4060 ti

But severely crippled by the CPU. Buy a 5800x3d + 4070. You will be much better off

Screenshot_20250120-192821_Opera.jpg
 
It's closer to a standard 4060.
Midway point between a 4060ti and a 4070 is probably about right. It also gets the advantage of game devs optimizing for just the base PS5 and the PS5 pro so it receives more love in the optimization process than any desktop GPU. The base PS5 is around 4060 speeds, but with much more VRAM.
 
I have been reading about nothing but issues with a bunch of games that have been confirmed by developers. Seems like this was rushed out without any forethought. At least with the PS4 Pro there were real, tangible benefits with no issues that I can recall. I bought a PS4 Pro on launch day.
 
I have been reading about nothing but issues with a bunch of games that have been confirmed by developers. Seems like this was rushed out without any forethought. At least with the PS4 Pro there were real, tangible benefits with no issues that I can recall. I bought a PS4 Pro on launch day.
It took me FOREVER to get my ps4pro to work on my 4k tv. HDCP was a disaster on that console at launch.

Just grabbed a ps5pro last week. Seems nice, bigger and kinda miffed it doesnt have a disk drive. I know not everyone uses it, but i kinda think of the pro as the rubicon have everything package in my head.
 
It took me FOREVER to get my ps4pro to work on my 4k tv. HDCP was a disaster on that console at launch.

Just grabbed a ps5pro last week. Seems nice, bigger and kinda miffed it doesnt have a disk drive. I know not everyone uses it, but i kinda think of the pro as the rubicon have everything package in my head.
Games don't use HDCP, so the problem was only with streaming services and Blu-ray playback as far as I can remember.
 
Games don't use HDCP, so the problem was only with streaming services and Blu-ray playback as far as I can remember.
It would not enable 4k, so gaming for me was at 1080p for a while until it was patched. IIRC you could disable hdcp and then it would allow 4k connection but yea then video playback was not working. It was a mess.
 

Mark Cerny: FSR 4 for PS5 Pro is the "next evolution of PSSR"​

The RDNA 4 upscaler is the first result of AMD/Sony's Project Amethyst collaboration.


"Our target is to have something very similar to FSR 4's upscaler available on PS5 Pro for 2026 titles as the next evolution of PSSR; it should take the same inputs and produce essentially the same outputs. Doing that implementation is rather ambitious and time consuming, which is why you haven't already seen this new upscaler on PS5 Pro."​


The raw hardware specifications of the new RX 9070 and RX 9070 XT are considerably higher than PS5 Pro - we are talking about higher mid-range hardware here in a market that encompasses anything from $200 to $2000 GPUs. Meanwhile, our tests did suggest that FSR 4 does have a significant computational cost, but even so, Cerny believes that PS5 Pro's ML hardware is up to the task of running FSR 4 without significant re-architecting.

"That is what we are targeting, and we believe we can achieve it," he says. "The peak performance number for PS5 Pro is 300 8-bit TOPS without sparsity, which compares very well to the recently released AMD GPUs. We don't believe sparsity is useful for this particular upscaling algorithm."

Sparsity is a feature of ML hardware not supported in Pro, but is supported in RDNA 4. It refers to a technique where a significant portion of the data or computations in a neural network are intentionally reduced or skipped to improve efficiency. Our understanding is that Nvidia used sparsity to increase DLSS performance in the RTX 30-series 'Ampere' generation.

"RDNA 4 and the hardware in PS5 Pro are completely separate designs, which is why I speak in terms of 'reimplementation' on PS5 Pro when I talk about the new upscaling network used in FSR 4.


https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-part-in-the-next-evolution-of-pssr-upscaling
 
Back
Top