Project: Stargate SG-1

AWESOME! SO utterly glad to see this project back in action. I have no clue how this will turn out or in what way all the MANY pieces you are incoprorating will come together but it looks like an amazing project and should be great when done.

Keep up the good work!
~Kris

StratocasterMaster said:
AWESOME! SO utterly glad to see this project back in action. I have no clue how this will turn out or in what way all the MANY pieces you are incoprorating will come together but it looks like an amazing project and should be great when done.

Keep up the good work!
~Kris
Um, do you know something we don't? As far as I can tell this thread is still dead. Read the post that bumped it, it's not by the op.

Hey, long time fan here (prob one of the few that has every ep memorized and can name it w/in the first five seconds of seeing it while giving its season number and ep # :p ) anyways great work on the project! Wish i had creative skills (plus time and money) like that! :D Are you done with it? Finished project pics?

smileyscout said:
Did this project die or are you waiting to add a Ori inspired piece? :p

It's not dead per se as much as it is in "suspended animation." I have been extremely busy the past few months with work and life which has left me with only a little time to work on it. I really didn't want to update with tiny little trivial things and am waiting to do a big update instead. Finances are a big part of the delay too. I've said this before, I don't want it to be like other mods I have seen where someone starts something awesome and then drops off the face of the Earth and we never find out what happend.
I've been considering buying a Shuttle SFF to make a into Puddle Jumper that would be my main PC and use the Stargate Case strictly for gaming. I also want to make a better "reactor." The curent one is sitting unused on top of my desk and I get tired of looking at it. It's also taken some damage from being moved around a lot. Right now, I'm trying to get enough money together to buy a new video card and nice LCD. I will finish...someday. ;) I just realized it's been over 4 months since my last update too. I apologize. I'll have to tell my wife I need to get back to the project.

Now its been 7 months since the last update on your project. For all the goodness in the Stargate universe please finish this awesome case mod. Its officially summer now so you should have some more time for crazy cool mod action. Don't let this mod die like the other really cool ones I've seen.

Does anyone remeber that sweet mod that had two jet like fans on the side of the case? That thing was sweet but I think it disappeared.

My in-laws just baught a house here in Florida that we are remodeling over the next few weeks before my wife and I move in. I've been working a lot of 12 hr shifts lately too (remember I'm in the USAF in AFSOC (Special Operations Command) as a flightline mechanic and have little control over my work shedule and we have a lot of stuff going on lately.) The summer arguement is invalid as well since I work all the time. I'll try to get it finished this summer but I think I will just post one big update when it's done at the end.

Cool. Didn't mean to offend. Hopefully you'll be able to get it done eventually. Your project is one the more detailed ones I've seen outside of things like the professional Batman case. Waiting might not be a bad thing. The upcoming season of SG1 should be really awesome and may introduce some things you may want to add.

smileyscout said:
Does anyone remeber that sweet mod that had two jet like fans on the side of the case? That thing was sweet but I think it disappeared.

damit i loved that project, he hand wound his own transisters for gods sakes, it was badass

such a shame SG1 was cancelled.

good luck on the project, i remember seeing it from day one on here.

This is the first time I am seeing this too :(

Everyone should e-mail scifi channel and complain. I know I will. I have been watching this show since the beginning.

Bummer about the project too. I hope you find more time somewhere.

Holy thread revival batman.

Yeah, whatever happened to this project?

I abandoned it. I didn't want to but things like marriage, work (military mind you with all the sudden get your ass to work at a moments notice and work 12 hr shifts), the weather ( I live in NW Florida and only go outside or work in the garage when I absolutely have to between May-Sept. due to the heat. I also work outside so the last thing I want to do when I come home is go back outside for a few hours) , and lastly buying a notebook dealt the project it's final death. I actually brought the radiator box inside from the garage the other day because I took the AC to molex adapter that powered the fans out. I'm going to use it to power some CCFL's under my desk. Look for it in the "post your workstation" thread soon. I hardly turn on my old PC that the project was for anymore. If I ever build a new PC, it'll likely be a SFF like a Shuttle. Again, I really hate that I never finished it. I really wish I had. I don't think I ever will get the time to try it again either.

Back