• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Savage (my first mod)

**UPDATE**

Did a tiny TINY bit more of assembly today. I forgot my key to my relative's house and they were out of town, so my next coat of paint will have to wait till Wednesday...


in the meantime, I mounted my pump. If you guys remember I had that space under the PSU after flipping it up so the fan pointed out the top. Makes a nice little hole for the pump. Checked to make sure the tubes wouldn't kink, and I got started.

20061113_203.jpg

20061113_204.jpg

20061113_205.jpg

20061113_207.jpg

20061113_213.jpg

20061113_212.jpg

20061113_214.jpg

20061113_215.jpg


I made that third hole, but need a slightly longer bolt for it.
 
Oh, and my side-panel arrived today :)

20061114_217.jpg

20061114_218.jpg

20061114_220.jpg



AND...it even comes with VIDEO!!!!!

 
ok, SO, after months of this thing sitting around and trying to get things thing together and working, my motherboard is being returned from it's RMA (arrived at ASUS on Wed, they shipped a new one out Saturday) early next week. Due to the short turnaround time at ASUS I can only assume they looked at it and said "wow that's really f'd up" and hopefully sent me a new one and not a reconditioned one.

Here's hoping.

Assembly next week then, and then painting the outside panels of the case asap.
 
So, 6 months later, I finally have an operating machine!!

As I posted earlier I was having problems getting the system to post and such. Well I went out and bought a cheap 775 socket mobo with a PCIe slot. Plugged it in, everything works fine! It's AMAAAAZING how well the graphics are coming out. Of course, keep in mind this is my first new pc in 4 years.

I was running WoW last night with full graphics everythign, and getting 50-60fps in crowded cities, and it didn't even blink when I started recording with FRAPS. No performance difference whatsoever.

So now I'm going to have to decide what to do about the motheboard. I obviously still want to overclock and push this PC up a notch, but I really am gonig to have to fight with ASUS about this motherboard.

Do you think it was just an incompatible board? I know it shouldn't have been, but I find it hard to believe that I'd get 2 defective boards from ASUS in a row! Maybe they'll let me swap down a model or something, any suggestions?

Otherwise, the weather is warming up so I'll have to start painting and finishing the side-panels that I never got around to doing. Time to brush up on the spray-can skills!
 
Back
Top