• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: PrometheusCu

I forgot... I took some videos so that you too can feel my pain, lol. I'll up them tomorrow.

As a point of reference, it took nearly 2mins to cut each "slot" on the front:
prometheus-concepts-R7B-1.jpg


Bedtime now. See you tomorrow. ;)
 
Dude, I wish I had access to a machine like that. I don't know what I would cut with it but man that is sick. Can't wait to see it put together.
 
As mentioned yesterday... videos:

This first video shows just how long it takes to cut out 1 single slot on the front panel. There's something like 50 fins on the front panel alone.
VIDEO 1

This one shows the cutout for the MatrixOrbital Typhoon GX that will be mounted tot eh back of the case. It's sole purpose will be to scroll thanks to sponsors and supporters.
VIDEO 2

Here we have the SSD mount - note the extensive amount of burring going on. Fear not the burring only happens badly on the trailing edge, I setup the cut direction so that the trailing edge always falls on the scrap and not on my parts. This doesn't make for perfection, because I had to guesstimate the proper settings and method for cutting copper, but it does make life a little easier.
VIDEO 3

I took this video to show the Carbon Cutting process. The Carbon is cut much slower (10in/min, compared to the 100in/min used for copper) and also it's cut in a single pass. I have lots of experience with cutting Carbon - it's easy for me to get a perfect burr free edge every time.
VIDEO 4


Thanks for watching. Tune in soon.
-jesse
 
Someone introduced me to the My Brute Flash game today.
My Brute said:
Insert a name to create your own Brute. You will be able to fight against other Brutes in the arena and recruit new pupils. Gain experience and fight tough in the ranking to become... THE BRUTE!

I just signed up and it's really easy... somewhat addicting as well.

Click here-> prometheuscu.mybrute.com
Make a fighter and take me on.

I think many of you will actually find it really entertaining as I have.

Enjoy - I know I am. Hahaha.

(what's with the addicting nature of Flash games?)
 
I have a bet going that I can hit 100 pupil in 24hrs - I NEED YOUR HELP.

You can help by clicking below and making a Brute - the fights are automated so it only takes a couple mins.
prometheuscu.mybrute.com

Thanks again everyone!
 
Lol, I am working. The game is somewhat automated... you can only really put in 5-10mins a day.

Everything is packed now. We'll pick up the process next week in BC. =)


Thanks to everyone who signed up on my behalf - the game is really addicting isn't it? It's a good thing that they limit the mayhem to a few mins a day.

I managed to loose the bet by a margin of only 2.... I got to 98pupil in 24hrs, which is pretty impressive IMO (albeit I have no basis for comparison, lol).
pupil-05.png



I'm going to start a clan when I hit level 10 - so if you find yourself interested in this little flash time waster then watch this space and join my clan when the time comes.

For those of you who haven't joined in on the fun - give it a whirl:
prometheuscu.mybrute.com
 
Jesse,

Hope the relocation goes smoothly. We'll be here waiting for the finish when you get settled!
 
Amazing project, it is like all my dreams coming true. One day I will get my hands on half the toys you have.
 
You're killing me with the lack of pictures! Can't wait to see the end of this project!
 
I think Langer must have driven off the road into a ditch on his move - he's been MIA for quite some time now!
 
I think Langer must have driven off the road into a ditch on his move - he's been MIA for quite some time now!

Most likely just some small issues taking longer than expected, some unexpected events and of course the usual 'ISP taking half a year to hook up internet' issue :)
 
Most likely just some small issues taking longer than expected, some unexpected events and of course the usual 'ISP taking half a year to hook up internet' issue :)

lol @ candian ISPs. half my tf2 clan is canadian and theyre always bitching and moaning. :rolleyes:
 
Do me a favor and dont bump this till he post again! You just got my hopes up, ive checked this thread like 6 times a day to see if it was finished yet.
 
I'm evil like that. I've been following this thread for almost a year, and want to see it completed too. Plus it had slipped off the first page, so I thought I'd bump it back up for folks that may not have seen it yet. Or to prod Langer where ever he is to get back to work!
 
Aye ive been checking the forum often to see if hes finally finished this. He appeared to be close to stage of final assembly, with an absolutely ridiculous amount of work to be put into it at that point, so i can certainly see why hes taking so long to finish with the build. Still would like to see a minor update.
 
Can we stop posting? I almost soil myself everytime I see this thread has a new post and then I just get disappointed. :(
 
i think we should call the coast guard or something. maybe put out an amber alert?
 
Stop whatever it is your doing, and get cutting on the 'cut'. I should talk. Three plus years on Beast III and still no completion.
 
Back
Top