Project: Galaxy 4.75

I think there are several norco models. The one I ended up getting doesn't have separate ports for SAS/SATA and all the cables plug into the right side (looking at it from the back). Here is a high res pic:

Also, I like my drives in read order (left to right top to bottom) so I suggest putting the cables in the opposite order it lists to. I ended up re-doing my cables since the two SF-8087 to 4 SATA cables I bought didn't work my areca and I fixed the order when I had to unhook all the sata cables and re-hook them.

Can someone explain the diffference between these two cases

Picture010.jpg

and the one above?

I have a few question? Those running the Norco 4020 and using a slim drive!

DVD-RW important?
What are you using?
Looks like most of the slim drives are using the slimline sate connectors, any out there with the Standard Sata or are you going IDE?

Working on a build right now and decided I better have a drive and also how are you powering all the molex connectors. I have a corsair 750 and found this:

17pin2.jpg

But it does not look like it available from newegg.

Tyler

Not sure if they still do it still, but if you're willing to pay for it PC Power and Cooling will redo your plugs for you. Not to mention adjust the rails to your needs if you want.

PC Power and Cooling FTFW

I have a 750 silencer quad myself and love it. The only complaint I have is that it's not modular. But the utter lack of any problems and rock solid stability makes up for it. Besides, cable management CAN be fun in some cases.

I have a WHS question.

Having a second WHS box exclusively for backing up the main server is a great idea, and that's what I am doing right now. I took 2-3 terabytes and threw it into another system, installed WHS, and now I have a backup server. But.. How does WHS backup WHS? You can't install the WHS Connector Software on a WHS box, and the two servers arn't able to see each other without the connector software. What would be the best way to set up a backing up system between the two servers. Right now I just created a shared-folder on the backup server and called it 'Manual Backups' and i've been just dragging files over myself..

Back