• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project: Galaxy 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing. I love huge home storage. It just isn't the same when it is in a rack, lol. Very nice job!

I like the idea of using multilane breakout cables. It will definitely clean up the insides. I did some googling, but was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a place to buy from. You know: best price/good to work with. Since these puppies can get pretty expensive, I don't really want to take my chances with some random schmoe's on the net.
 
PCduster said:
Amazing. I love huge home storage. It just isn't the same when it is in a rack, lol. Very nice job!

I like the idea of using multilane breakout cables. It will definitely clean up the insides. I did some googling, but was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a place to buy from. You know: best price/good to work with. Since these puppies can get pretty expensive, I don't really want to take my chances with some random schmoe's on the net.


I learned my lesson hard core. Best thing you can do is not to skimp... go with the most repudable dealer.

newegg.com
mwave.com
frozencpu.com
outpost.com
 
doh said:
Ok. I have friends all over Norway and may be able to sway one of them into helping you. Let me know and I can start asking.


Yes that would be greatley appreciated if you can ask them to locate this stupid bracket :)
 
Since I can't find the dual psu bracket yet... does anyone know where I can get a dual psu wireharness that would activate the second psu? I really don't want to make one.
 
Sorry Ockie, I haven't been able to get a hold my my norweigen friends at all this weekend. Hopefully this weekend when I don't work, they should be online during the day.
 
Update, I ordered Galaxy it's own memory and a video card.

I've decided to go with the Radeon X1300 x1 PCIe video card, for two reasons (Reason1: I might run hybrid for the time being meaning I'd use up both PCI slots with SATA controllers, Reason2: If I cut the PCIE slots to accomodate the larger card, not only will it look not good, but it will also void the warranty as mentioned and all future resale value)

Also, and the biggest reason... I'm CURIOUS to play with an x1 video card :D


Pics coming soon, I had these overnighted.


protias said:
Sorry Ockie, I haven't been able to get a hold my my norweigen friends at all this weekend. Hopefully this weekend when I don't work, they should be online during the day.


Okay thanks, let me know!

Doh mentioned she has some friends in that region who will try to check it out for me also, so I will let you know!
 
movax said:
I live in Grand Blanc, school in Flint during school terms, and work in Troy (Siemens VDO/Crooks Road) during work terms. :cool:

Actually interviewed at Beaumont for the co-op IT position, but they turned me down :( But now I make more at Siemens as an EE/CE/CS person, so it's all cool. :D

Sounds like you're a current student at my alma-mater KU to me :) A or B section? haha
 
LiveWire said:
Well dang more Kettering folk... I haven't met someone here that knew was [H]ardOCP was yet...

ahahaha, I just saw this post after I made my above one.


MORE Kettering Students on [H]...why am I not suprised? hahaha
 
Ockie said:
Since I can't find the dual psu bracket yet... does anyone know where I can get a dual psu wireharness that would activate the second psu? I really don't want to make one.
im pretty sure that you should have gotten one with the cm stacker, cause i did.
but i can send it to you if you want.
 
Ockie said:
Update, I ordered Galaxy it's own memory and a video card.

I've decided to go with the Radeon X1300 x1 PCIe video card, for two reasons (Reason1: I might run hybrid for the time being meaning I'd use up both PCI slots with SATA controllers, Reason2: If I cut the PCIE slots to accomodate the larger card, not only will it look not good, but it will also void the warranty as mentioned and all future resale value)

Also, and the biggest reason... I'm CURIOUS to play with an x1 video card :D


good idea, i dont want my future parts cut up ;)
 
Update: nicolas9510 is sending me the wiring starter harness!! Thank you man!!!


nicolas9510 said:
im pretty sure that you should have gotten one with the cm stacker, cause i did.
but i can send it to you if you want.


Only the stacker 101's have the harness, the 810's don't since they only run one psu. Also, I sold the 101 I used to have so it was sold with the case (I should have kept it!).

Thank you for hooking me up!

codegrinder said:
good idea, i dont want my future parts cut up

Haha, you are a funny guy ;)
 
np man.
cant wait for an update
cant remember the model no. for my stacker but its the dual psu black big one lol.
but ya, love the stacker :)
edit: woot, just turned [h]lite :)
 
Picture Updates!

PCI-E X1 Card and the Memory arrived!



Video card up close... damn thats cool. Cute card, lol


Here she is installed
 
looking good. Quick question, are you going to live the noise of the fan on the gpu or install a zalman?
 
gjvrieze said:
looking good. Quick question, are you going to live the noise of the fan on the gpu or install a zalman?


Right now I will live with it, as it's not loud at all. However, perhaps in the future I will turn to some more silent solution... I think that would be the last step of the phases.
 
Question. Do you really need all this storage. If i had it i could do nothing eith it./ WellEvery bit torrent i could think of would be downloaded. But still wow. But who cares i love it. And i am thinking of getting that case shortly for my PC.
 
BLEHHHH!!!!

ockert wtf are u doing (HYPERMEMORY) DOH! can we say poopy.
wasnt there something reasonably priced that used the slot you wanted with dedicated mem. (i kno its 128mb dedicated but still....... i wouldnt want some sloppy poopy crappy thing pulling memory from my server)

and also i really like your setup bro cant wait to see it when i come to ernos party!!!!!

watch me imma sell my cars and show u wassup :cool: ;)


PS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dood you always did love them thumbscrews, i remember when we had a CRAPLOAD of them back in the day and we all put them on our comps :p
 
Ok Ockie, I asked my friend about that bracket. He said it is made my Lian Li (not sure if you posted that here or not) and it would cost about $65 to ship it here. He said he will look to see if any other company makes that bracket.
 
protias said:
Ok Ockie, I asked my friend about that bracket. He said it is made my Lian Li (not sure if you posted that here or not) and it would cost about $65 to ship it here. He said he will look to see if any other company makes that bracket.


Holy hell.

How does it cost 65 bucks to ship it here? Its super light and tiny and only costs 14 bucks usd (if you go by suggested msrp or used a currency converter)

Can you confirm the shipping cost, method, and item price for me on a private message?



Tomorrow I'm hoping this laser cutting/CNC shop is open, perhaps they can cut me a template.
 
Ockie said:
Holy hell.

How does it cost 65 bucks to ship it here? Its super light and tiny and only costs 14 bucks usd (if you go by suggested msrp or used a currency converter)

Can you confirm the shipping cost, method, and item price for me on a private message?



Tomorrow I'm hoping this laser cutting/CNC shop is open, perhaps they can cut me a template.
Hi there.
The 65 bucks was just a kind of reading error by me, that was for a big package which you could fill with whatever crap you wanted.
protias should have forwarded a mail to you with the proper prices, but to make it easy I'll just list it here:
Shipping (with tracing and insurance) comes to around $19 from the postal service here. We don't have any UPS/DHL/whatever office anywhere near here that I know of, so I guess that would be more expensive in any way.
The backplate + shipping to me from Microplex, if it's paid for with visa/mastercard, will cost you 221kr ($35), so in total you'll end up with $54 in total for the backplate.


This seems like a cool project, so glad to help if I can :) but lets hope the local store can do it for you, that must be a much cheaper option
 
Kjetil said:
Hi there.
The 65 bucks was just a kind of reading error by me, that was for a big package which you could fill with whatever crap you wanted.
protias should have forwarded a mail to you with the proper prices, but to make it easy I'll just list it here:
Shipping (with tracing and insurance) comes to around $19 from the postal service here. We don't have any UPS/DHL/whatever office anywhere near here that I know of, so I guess that would be more expensive in any way.
The backplate + shipping to me from Microplex, if it's paid for with visa/mastercard, will cost you 221kr ($35), so in total you'll end up with $54 in total for the backplate.


This seems like a cool project, so glad to help if I can :) but lets hope the local store can do it for you, that must be a much cheaper option


ouch. okay.


do you do paypal? please pm me with more details so i can get this done.
 
Ockie said:
ouch. okay.


do you do paypal? please pm me with more details so i can get this done.

Ockie's stepping to the plate for the 0 and 1 pitch........ :eek:

Seriously, good luck with that, as I think it will be cool as hell.
 
Well for starters I wish to see the entire machine running. It makes me a sad panda not having it for so long, this is the longest downtime yet for it.
 
I know where you are at, i am waiting for my last parts to finish mine. There comes a point where you want to run. I hate rebooting server systems, i like to get good uptime and not have to mess with stuff.....
 
yeah, being a lazy sysadmin is so great when things just run like they are supposed to
 
Update: Nicepants42 is going to attempt to fabricate me a bracket for the dual PSU's.

Thank you for all your offers in Norway! If this attempt to fabricate the bracket fails, I will defnitley get in touch with you guys!

I just have to fax the template out to Nicepants42 and he can start production... damn I wish this workday is over with so I can fax her out.
 
Ockie said:
Update: Nicepants42 is going to attempt to fabricate me a bracket for the dual PSU's.

Thank you for all your offers in Norway! If this attempt to fabricate the bracket fails, I will defnitley get in touch with you guys!

I just have to fax the template out to Nicepants42 and he can start production... damn I wish this workday is over with so I can fax her out.


fax it from work
 
98EXL said:
fax it from work


I forgot the template at home :( I was thinking of taking a nice lunch break, but it's kinda late in the game now.
 
Ockie said:
I forgot the template at home :( I was thinking of taking a nice lunch break, but it's kinda late in the game now.

Say it isn't so! :(
 
No pictures yet.


Nicepants42 has the dimensions and the template and he will start producing one for me tomorrow.... man he rocks!
 
Ockie said:
No pictures yet.


Nicepants42 has the dimensions and the template and he will start producing one for me tomorrow.... man he rocks!
Even if you post pictures from different angles with no updates it satisfies us :D
 
Yeah, more computer storage pron!!!! Moar pics!!!!!! Teh sex........

Sorry, got carried away there. Must be the Sam Adams Holiday Porter talking..... :eek:

Good luck with that. How is he fabricating that? Water jet? Laser cutter? Hacksaw and straight edge? :p
 
Pictures will be coming, right now it's waiting for the psu mounting plate to arrive.

I was told that the PSU plate would be ready at the latest on Saturday, but most probably be completed on Firday... which means it can go out to me :)
 
Ockie said:
Pictures will be coming, right now it's waiting for the psu mounting plate to arrive.

I was told that the PSU plate would be ready at the latest on Saturday, but most probably be completed on Firday... which means it can go out to me :)

When is Firday? Sorry Ockie, had to do it. Glad to see you are finally getting this project completed. I'm sure you'll be a very happy man once you get this bracket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top