• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project : Future Schlock by AnG3L

I hope you do bro. Make sure you make more mods after this one, right?!?
 
So back again for a small update as I am approaching the finish line!
No comments on the pictures as I am about to finish as I dont have something to explain
further as the most parts are assembly process etc.
So here today you will see a technique I used on the engravings with silver leaves.
This technique makes the silver hard as the powder coating but it took me 2 days to finish it.
I decided to go with a gothic look on the quotes and make them look like actual simple hand drawing instead of a fancy font. I always like to play with various styles in one mod like this one. Gothic, Industrial, Artistic. All combined in one.
Also forgive me for the dusts etc it was too windy outside today and no matter what I did I couldnt get rid of the dust, leaves etc lol :p
Let the pictures talk !

P9120004.jpg


P9140006.jpg


P9140008.jpg


P9140010.jpg


P9140012.jpg


P9140013.jpg


P9140015.jpg


P9140016.jpg


P9140019.jpg


P9140023.jpg


P9140024.jpg


P9140025.jpg


P9140028.jpg


P9140029.jpg


P9140031.jpg


P9140036.jpg


P9140038.jpg


P9140042.jpg


Thats all for now folks till next time, Peace!!


A special thanks to my sponsors:









 
Looking better every time!

Could we get a pic of the back of the mobo tray once you start running cables to see the cable management.
 
Here I am guys for the final worklog update of this project.
These are some of the assembly pictures more left to be done but as I usually do
I keep some minor details for me and the final shots ;)
After the end of this project I will do some benchmark tests for many of the components like
the SSD's, GPU's, RAM, Watercooling components (temperatures etc).
Here are some teaser pictures, hope you enjoyed this little trip I will be back with the final shots!
Thanks for your support my friends again!

P9170008.jpg


P9170011.jpg


P9170012.jpg


P9170017.jpg


P9170018.jpg


P9170020.jpg


P9170023.jpg


P9170024.jpg



A special thanks to my sponsors:









 
Just wow, I'll be looking for this one on the cover of CPU magazine, sometime soon.

Hurry up with the final shots.
 
Thanks brother, hopefully they will publish this mod too it will be a great honor thanks again!! :)
 
Here I am guys for the shots you all been waiting for!
I would like to thank my friend Michael for his last minute support, I needed some dyes to change the cpu loop color and he was more than willing to help me! I choose him as he is the best in this domain and I blindly trust his products!! Thanks buddy!!



fs116.jpg


So in a random order, here is my latest creation. I would like to say sorry for my lack of space, necessary for photo shooting, I tried to do my best with my little camera and my little space.
You will see shadows etc but I hope you will appreciate my modding work and efforts!
I will try to take some night shots and if I manage to take some good I will post them later on.
I also added new stickers as I went in a local printer house and redid them with silver vinyl.
Enjoy!

fs171.jpg


fs174.jpg


fs222.jpg


PA070001.jpg


PA070014.jpg


PA070025.jpg


PA070030.jpg


PA070035.jpg


PA070039.jpg


PA070040.jpg


PA070041.jpg


PA070044.jpg


PA070046.jpg


PA070053.jpg


PA070057.jpg


PA070058.jpg


PA070061.jpg


PA070063.jpg


PA070076.jpg


PA070077.jpg


PA070082.jpg


PA070086.jpg


PA070087.jpg


PA070088.jpg


PA070090.jpg


PA070101.jpg


PA070107.jpg


PA070108.jpg


PA070111.jpg


PA070113.jpg


fs130.jpg


Here ends one more humble journey my friends! I will be back with benchmarks so stay tuned!

I would like to thank all my sponsors for making this journey possible!!!

Major Sponsors:















Sponsors:








Also last but not least I would like to thank all my friends here in the forums! Without your support I wouldnt do these journeys and I would like to thank you for all your kind words and help.
Also I would like to thank my dear friend Masbuskado for all the logos, wallpapers etc! Viva La Revolution my friend!
Also Mr.Robert Krakoff for his book and inspiration and for his support in this little journey! Thanks my friend!

So cya soon guys with the rest!!

Here is the wallpaper which was made by the best, my bro Masbuskado from NMC!!

FS_ang3l_wallpaper.jpg
 
Ok guys here we go with the bench saga!
Here you will see all the components overclocked and not and how they perform!
At first I am going to begin with the Corsair F240 SSD's!

First of all the CrystalDiskMark:

1.png


And after overclocking the processor and also adding more programs etc:

1a.png


Here is the ATTO benchmark:

Capture.png



The performance of these SSD's is absolutely out of this world!!! Imagine 4 of these in RAID0!
It will be nice if you could also post some benchmarks with your setup so we can make a little
comparison test! Thanks in advance guys!!

Also thanks to Corsair for sponsoring the SSD's.
 
super amazing flag on the side. thats my favorite part by far, even if i havent read the book.
 
Now lets continue the bench saga with the Western Digital 500 GB Sata6 hard drives in Raid0.
To be honest I expected way more from this setup but I believe the Marvell drivers need to be
"fixed" and improved further in order to make Raid0 arrays work as they have to.

Here are some benchies:

wdraid0.png


wdraid0test2.png
 
Now the overall overclocking experience.
I was first able to get a 4.2 Ghz out of the i7 930 but then I compromised with a stable
4 Ghz with the memory running at 1600 Mhz 7-8-7 timing as it was impossible to clock them higher and make them stable. Also after a LOT of reading I found out that is better to have them clocked lower with tighter timings.
At 1.325 Vcore full load the 360 EK radiator was able to handle the temperatures really well keeping the CPU below 66 Degrees Celsius. (27 Celsius ambient)
Also remember that in the loop is the mosfets and the NB-SB which they get really hot after an overclocking session so I believe the results are really good.

4.png


5.png


Here are some benchies with the Corsair Dominator GT (CMT6GX3M3A2000C8)

Memory copy @ 1600 7-8-7

memorycopy7-8-7.png


Memory latency @ 1600 7-8-7

memorylatency7-8-7.png


Memory write @ 1600 7-8-7

memorywrite7-8-7.png


Memory read @ 1600 7-8-7

memoryread7-8-7.png


And a Super-PI session!

superpi.png


IntelBurnTest

cputemps.png


More to follow in a while!
 
Now some DX11 benchmarks with Heaven Benchmark v2.1.

First here is a result with everything @ stock speeds.

g1.png


Here is the result with only CPU overclocked @ 4Ghz

g2.png


Then it was time to overclock the GPUs. Those MSI GTX 470's
are awesome overclockers! The overclocking results you are going to see here have been done in 10 minutes with MSI Afterburner V.1.6.1 as it was the only one who could unlock the voltage. Those cards could overclock way much higher but I found proper to stay there at the moment and see how they perform.
LIGHTING fast is all I can say!!
And the 2X EK's 240 radiators did a hell of a job keeping temperatures below 60 Degrees Celsius @ full load which if you consider how hot these cards can get even without overclock then this is more than fantastic!

msi.png


msi2.png


And a final benchmark with all overclocked! You can see the stock VS overclocked thats a HUGE difference!!!

g3.png



I am really impressed with the performance of MSI cards and how easy they can OC with no hassle at all and also in combination with EK blocks and rads, everything is just awesome!

Hope you enjoyed this little bench saga guys!! ;)

Thanks to ALL the sponsors again who help us make this little journeys a reality! Peace!
 
Back
Top