Project: Digg (custom case) Finished

yea... that just looks prestine. Words cannot describe it well enough. :p

Hey i was awake and fixing bugs, must have been you :D
Hey, I wasn't going to point fingers :D
QTip, that came out simply amazing!!
That is a great looking setup and I wouldn't expect anything less from your hard work and dedication you put into this!

Wow glad to see its finally done, Awesome work...
Case is a work of Art, What all the spec's on the pc itself?

Beautiful mod man, it looks awesome. I think my favorite part is the HDD rack, looks sweet. :)

Wow, that looks awesome! Good work!

So how much is Kevin Rose going to offer you to buy it? I think you should at least get a small appearance on Diggnation with your case. That would be sweet! :)

Sorry guys I'm away for today. Sitting at a coffee shop for lunch. A couple of things I wanted to add:

Specs:

* Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
* P5B-Deluxe Motherboard
* 1GB DDR2-1066/PC2-8500 Memory
* 3x500GB WD SATA (Raid Edition) Hard Drives
* BFG 8800 GTS 640MB
* Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* 18x SATA DVDRW w/ lightscribe
* 580watt Power Supply
* 20" LCD
* G15 Keyboard

And the stock cooler is getting changed on the CPU. Also it needs a few more cut outs in the acrylic on top for the DVDRW. Pinstriping might be an option as well.

Is there where I'm supposed to give it away to some lucky digger?

I would try to sell it to Kevin and donate the money to charity (minues expenses). It is a very nice case but if I could sell it, I would. The money would always be nice but I believe some people might need it more than my personal self.

Again, this is what I would do.

Much luck.

Well the original goal was to have something donated to the shelter I volunteer at on Tuesdays. We'll see.

And I know this sounds really lame but I'm going to go take a picture of the digg case with the digg case mod top story on the news ticker. Gimme an hour or so.

edit: the program must cycle through the current top stories, not the daily top stories. I put it at a refresh rate of 2 seconds and never saw it come up. Should have been at the shop earlier in the afternoon.

That sucks can't you get it to look for certain Diggs? or someones profile then go through their diggs?

The Digg case might be making an appearance in San Francisco this Thursday at the Digg user celebration. Still working things out.

edit: sorry I was wrong. Got a little ahead of myself. Just got word I'd be fired from my other job if I went. That solves that.

Will be updating the pics of the case to include tint added to the keyboard (and also the logitech logo is gone). New HSF sometime soon as well. Would add memory but I just don't have the cash.

Fiddling with the G15 keyboard.

G15-screen.jpg

G15-screen2.jpg

Digg case is finally getting out of storage and onto ebay if anyone is interested :D Not sure if it will score anything but I figured I'd give it a shot. You'll have to search for it, don't want to pimp myself too much.

Digg case is finally getting out of storage and onto ebay if anyone is interested :D Not sure if it will score anything but I figured I'd give it a shot. You'll have to search for it, don't want to pimp myself too much.

Too late, I can nearly guarantee you that it WILL hit Digg's front page.

Not sure it will, some other blog attempted. Didn't see it go anywhere. I like the idea though.

I added new pictures on the ebay page but haven't updated the gallery. I've been meaning to update the gallery photos since I have hundreds of them but it takes a little time to touch them up. Probably would pay to get a pro photographer.

Here's two of the newer ones:
digg111.jpg

digg112.jpg

Maybe you'll get one of the digg people to bid on it :) I thought Kevin Rose mentioned something on Diggnation about needing a new Desktop or needing to upgrade it or something like that so perhaps he's in the market :)

Good luck!

Hey this is on the cover of the new issue of CPU Magazine, good job, very [H]ard

Digg on :)

Hey qtip, will you have this rig at MML this year?

Back