Project Dark Angel

I just got my power supply I will install it tomorrow after work, and take a few more pics.
Here is the little brown box it came in

psu_box.jpg

Here is what it looks like out of the box.

psu_1.jpg

psu_2.jpg

Very sweet PSU, should match perfectly ;)
Can't wait for more stuffs.

btw: nice chappelle mag too :cool:

today i installed the psu and took some pics. well here it is:

Here is the back view:
PSU_installed_1.jpg

Heres it installed with all the wires hanging out:
PSU_1_wires.jpg

Here is a pic of all the wires hidden. I ended up putting all the wires on top of the burner.
PSU_4.jpg

Here is just another random pic of the other side of the case:
PSU_2_wires.jpg

I have ran in to a problem. im not sure where i am going to put the switch for the CCFL's. I was thinking about putting it where the USB plug ins are in the front of the case.

The next thing i will prolly do is paint the burner case. to make it all black.

Several questions for you Flat4.

Are you going to watercool? I am curious whether a dual heatercore will fit up top between the PSU and the top 5.25 drive or if that drive bay has to remain empty. I may just build an external unit though instead for mine.

Does the name Dark Angel for the case refer in anyway to the TV show or is it just something you came up with?

If you were to make a window on the motherboard side of the case, would there still be room to hide the wires behind the MB tray and a piece of plexi?

Im thinking about going WC.im pretty sure u will have to leave the top bay empty, as it will go into some of it. as for the name it was something i thought of, i didnt even think about the tv show. as for the window on the mobo side it all depends how big of a window you go with.

flat4 said:
Im thinking about going WC.im pretty sure u will have to leave the top bay empty, as it will go into some of it. as for the name it was something i thought of, i didnt even think about the tv show. as for the window on the mobo side it all depends how big of a window you go with.

spir@l alum tops are black. get a heatercore and paint it dont bother getting a crap prepainted one. just spray the outside then spray at an angle to get the edges of the fins (NOT down into the core). finally black food coloring would make the water black (dont know if youll find any this time of year...mostly around halloween).

looks really good but as i said, dont really like color coordinating components. what are you going to do when you need to replace or upgrade?

I just ordered the same case ur working with and am waiting to recieve it.. As for you looking for a black mo-bo try soyo... That is if your goin with a A64, my friend recently got a soyo athlon 64 board, (Not sure of the exact model) and it works fukin awesome, its very stable and looks bad ass. Im waiting on my case to mod so i can finish building my new pc (the 1 thats in my profile minus the swiftech watercooling since i havnt found swiftech watercooling in a dececnt price).. I may do something of the same with the flat black on the inside, kuz if you were to go with a gloss it would reflect your Cold Cathodes and bounce all around looking somewhat tacky, plus gloss paint really attracts dust. But i may go with a midnight blue or just a flat grey or black on the inside, i havnt decided yet though. Your case looks great so far keep up the good work :D Happy modding :D :D :D

XeRo_Dark, did you order from excalliberpc like I suggested? How long till you get it. I'm ordering mine today after i have my car inspected (want to make sure I'm not going to have to buy car parts first).

XeRo_Dark said:
I just ordered the same case ur working with and am waiting to recieve it.. As for you looking for a black mo-bo try soyo... That is if your goin with a A64, my friend recently got a soyo athlon 64 board, (Not sure of the exact model) and it works fukin awesome, its very stable and looks bad ass. Im waiting on my case to mod so i can finish building my new pc (the 1 thats in my profile minus the swiftech watercooling since i havnt found swiftech watercooling in a dececnt price).. I may do something of the same with the flat black on the inside, kuz if you were to go with a gloss it would reflect your Cold Cathodes and bounce all around looking somewhat tacky, plus gloss paint really attracts dust. But i may go with a midnight blue or just a flat grey or black on the inside, i havnt decided yet though. Your case looks great so far keep up the good work :D Happy modding :D :D :D

where are u getting your WC stuff at? im not to sure what im going to do. use the M2600+ or go with a 64. i cant really buy anything right now because i have ran out of funds.

sobek i ordered it off of newegg kuz i normialy just deal with them :D got 2 day shipping so it should arrive tomarrow or the next day, hopefully. i wanna get this new system up and running asap.
WC? im confused...... nah im just tired right now but yah i guess SOYO also has a black K7 board, SOYO SY-KT600 dragon2 mobo is black also if u wanna go with a socket A chipset, i think its a nForce2 mobo also id have to look it up.... which i could do right now.... ok i guess its time to look it up :D :mad: grrr my internet is running slow as hell right now ill check in the morning and post a link for ya :) but if u want just go on newegg and search for soyo... nvm newegg is just being retarted right now.

well shit dood just use the mo-bo u have now, thats a kick ass board, but if u really want a black one soyo has a decent one and i believe its black, also abit makes black motherboards. surf newegg if u really want something in an athlon xp based processor. ur 2700+ u have now is still a good processor.

Is it just me or are links to Newegg no longer working? This is the third time I have tried clicking on a link to the Egg only for alittle message telling me the connection was refused by the server. :confused:
But I know what boards you are talking about and I hope that the problem is only my DSL (damn modem) :mad:
Odd that the link to the Barton worked.....(damn modem, I hate you even more)

yah newegg is being really fucked up right now lolz i just clicked on the link again and it gave me some search page on newegg's site???? o well i think its time for bed its like 4am here :D nite nite to all of yas

WC= watercooling. and as for the mobo, i think im going to go wioth the NF7-S2G, when ever it comes out. I always order my stuff from the egg, and always will.

flat4 said:
WC= watercooling. and as for the mobo, i think im going to go wioth the NF7-S2G, when ever it comes out. I always order my stuff from the egg, and always will.
I'm the same way when it comes to the actual hardware. I just don't want to attempt to trust any other company. I'mm willing to shop around for non-hardware components though. My case is on it's way from excaliberpc and I'll get some sleeving eventually from svc.

I'm in the same boat as flat4. You know, that boat where you are out of money and can't work on your project till you get more of it.

Sobek said:
I'm the same way when it comes to the actual hardware. I just don't want to attempt to trust any other company. I'mm willing to shop around for non-hardware components though. My case is on it's way from excaliberpc and I'll get some sleeving eventually from svc.

I'm in the same boat as flat4. You know, that boat where you are out of money and can't work on your project till you get more of it.
Generally I'm the same, newegg all the way. I have used zipzoomfly with no troubles at all, prompt (cheap/free) shipping and well packaged (hard drive).

When I'm in Rochester I just drive to frozencpu.com for the little things.

i already have 2 in there now. debating on weather or not to put the other 2 in.

look what i found on my door step :) now all i gotta do is buy a mobo, hard drive and a sound card. wich will prolly be this weekend. well maybe i gotta see what my pay check looks like. well here are the pics.

Video_card_9800_1.jpg

Video_card_9800_2.jpg

Video_card_9800_3.jpg

Video_card_9800_4.jpg

Video_card_9800_5.jpg

i got it last week when newegg had the sale on them.

I need to get a new water cooling system the original swiftech waterblock works great that i got but my pump in my other case doesnt push enuff water so im gonna possibly look for a new pumping system. i just picked up some 1/4" acrylic today to make a new custom resivwar for my new WC system when i get my case, yah my case has yet to arrive, and its starting to drive me nutz. when i get the case im probably gonna make something to fit the case so it looks cool with the new wc system ill be setting up on my A64 :D

o yah the only swiftech parts im using for WC is the water block for my proc, I havnt figured out if i wanna add a hd' cooler and/or videocard cooler, so i can OC my radeon 9700 pro to the max :D i figure its gonna take me about 2-3 weeks to do a bad ass mod job including the WC custom setup i have in mind for my case :D

sorry for not posting. ive been out of town and i am still out of town. hopfully i will be able to buy some parts when i get back in town. im not to sure i am going to buy the NF7-S2G, i mite just go with the NF7-S. from what i hear the S2G is not a good overclocker. and im mite be doing a little overclocking.

Well iI finally decided to order some hardware. I decided to go with an A64 3000+ and a Chaintech VNF3-250. I know the mobo isnt the best, but i will prolly upgrade to a better mobo soon. Well on to the hardware:

Heres the mobo, cpu, my free clock( Thanks New Egg), and I also just got hackers in the mail.
MoboA64.jpg

The Stepping on the cpu is:
ADA3000AEP4AX
CBSC D416XPBW
9559215D40405

ati_azn said:
do all newegg products come with a clock?

no, they offer different kinds of free gifts, it veries with every item. i could of chosen a pen or the clock, since i already have a pen i just chose the clock.

pimping stuff. nice clock too heh
post some more pics when you get the things in the case. :)

your first pics on the first page got me hooked on that pc65b and i plan on ordering one soon :cool:

ok i took some more pics. I installed the mobo and ram tonight and did a little bit with the wire, but I need to buy a sleeving kit so I can sleeve the fan cables and some other ones. I didnt install the cpu because im still not real sure if im going water or air. well heres the pics

mobo1.jpg

mobo2.jpg

here are some pics with the power on with the cathodes on and the flash off on the camera. sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is crappy.

mobo4.jpg

mobo3.jpg

now you just need to paint the board with the flat black paint so it doesn't stick out so much... it really doesn't look too good like that (as in it could be better)

it is possible to do this safely, i just wouldn't (seriously) recommend it on a brand spanking new motherboard (what with the warrenty voiding and all...)

looking good! and i like how the white plastic stuff on the edges of the drive bay area contrasts with the rest of the case (but not how the pci slots/other mobo stuff contrasts... w/e)

nah i think thats pretty sweet rogue_jedi.

i only have two problems with it:

1.gotta figure out how to hide some of those wires.
2. get another cathode at the top or somthing. not sure if you already have two in there, but it looks a bit uneven with more white light at the bottom. put one at top and should be sweet.

good job :)
post some more pics soon! :cool:

Does this occur to any one of you-- dust is so prevalent with black. Your case is not gonna be pretty anymore for a week ;)

-J.

honestly i dont really care about dust. i usually go and clean out my current case every 1-2 weeks

I really like the way it's turning out. I always thought those black aluminum cases with silver insides were missing something. Now I know it was being all black :D

Try hiding the wires under the mobo. and as for the psu cord maybe think about doing the 'under mobo' power cord mod.

Back