Project Dark Angel

what texture is that black paint? i am pretty sure that its semi rough and I have a bad feeling thats it s gonna peel

took some wiring ideas from me eh?

nice case bud.

its some what rough. u can feel it. if it peels oh well ill just redo it later. i took some ideas. but i still have to get my hands on a dremel. to cut the hole.. i also just put in my proc and hsf. i decided im not going to go watercooled, i just cant afford it right now. ill prolly end up watercooling my curret rig. im going to be ordering some more supplies tomorrow. has anyone ever seen a black sata cable? or a sleeved one? ive only seen grey, red, or orange. i mite just go ahead and sleeve the sata cable.

Perhaps you can come over one day and use my Dremel? AIM me later about it.

if my buddy at work doesnt remember to bring it sometime next week, i mite have to take a trip down to ur pad.

heh, yeaha, i mean, i'd just assume that you painted it, then ends are already black, so just tape them off the pain with some plastic paint that will bend

Damn it, I need to find some modding buds in Colorado. lol
I can't wait for the update. :D

I love it... and a good choice with the chantech board I think... Its the one that I have been seriously considering lately... under $100 bucks and just as good as the enthusiast boards put out by the bigger names.

must...have...black...computer :D

well here are the pics of what ive done so far. i just ordered a sleeving kit, artic cooling vga silencer rev. 3, and a vantec chipset cooler. im not sure if i will be instaling the chipset cooler and vga cooler on dark angel. i mite use it for the rig i am on now. so all the wires will be sleeved by this weekend. and the final wiring will be complete. well on to the pics.

moboVCram1.jpg

just a closer view of the first pic
moboVCram6.jpg

and check out my killer testing monitor
killermonitor.jpg

im still thinking about installing my other 2 cathodes. i mite have to order some cable extenders.

if you dont mind me asking, where did you order the sleeving kit?

looks great btw... making me think about painting the internals... I've got another colour in mind though :)

philodox said:

looks great btw... making me think about painting the internals... I've got another colour in mind though :)

xoxide.com it was on sale for $11.99

philodox said:

www.svc.com

well i got my sleeving kit yesterday and sleeved a few wires. i got some other stuff but still thinking about installing them. well heres the pics

just a little before and after
before:
moboVCram6.jpg

after:
sleevedwires.jpg

and another view
sleevedwires2.jpg

flat4 said:
well i got my sleeving kit yesterday and sleeved a few wires. i got some other stuff but still thinking about installing them. well heres the pics

just a little before and after
before:
moboVCram6.jpg

after:
sleevedwires.jpg

and another view
sleevedwires2.jpg

Really hot ..Case. black inside the case it working

I love how the case looks now. I'm used to Lian Li's being shiny - this....feels so.....weirddd.... :D

On a side note:

cleanwires.jpg

Fasten that Zalman cooler on tight or else say goodbye to your 9800 Pro :p

I really like the black.

I think tinting the side panel so you can just barely see the parts inside would look really nice and go along with your theme very well.

thanks guys. hopfully by next week i will have all the stuff i need to be up to get it up and running. i still need to get a LCD, i think that would be later on. ive been working 7-7 all this week and worked on saterday. so my pay check would be pretty nice. i mite have enough money to get an extra hard drive.

Inscape said:
Looks real nice, what about the expansion slot plates though?

im thinking about painting them. not to sure yet. i have to go and pick up another can of paint if i want to.

you could have always put a clear coat over the flat black paint, it would make it shiny if you wanted to do so, but once u light the case with the flat black it will look quite spiffy, nice modding job so far dood :D

nah i dont want to put a clear coat on it. i want it to have a retro look to it, or whatever they call it. i have 2 white cathodes but u cant see them, good with the camera, i have to play around with the settings to make them come in better. i need to buy some cathod wire extensions to i can put in the other 2 i have. the only place i have seen them was at www.frozencpu.com and the cables are like a $1.50 for one and its $7.50 for shipping, so i thinking about makin my own.

Inscape said:
Looks real nice, what about the expansion slot plates though?
I like the way the expansion slots look, mirrors all of that black :p looks really good man!

well i finally got around to buying a 36 gig raptor. i will be running several system test in the next few days to get this system running real tight. i will also be taking some pics of the final project in the next few days when i get my other 2 cathodes hooked up. so far i already know i will have to buy a different sound card. the onboard sound just doesnt sound good at all. when i have the sound all the say down i can hear a hiss over the speakers.

i have it all up and running.i will have pics of the final project in the next few days. i ran aquamark and 3dmark03. i got a 43,761 on aquamark and a 5931 on 3dmark. im not sure if they are good scores. i havnt really checked around for scores. there is still some stuff i want to do, like the ps1 lcd mod or a text lcd. and who knows i still mite even go water cooled. it all depends how many hours i get in the next few months. i hope they dont cut OT anytime soon

BTW what are some good system test programs out?

flat4 said:
i have it all up and running.i will have pics of the final project in the next few days. i ran aquamark and 3dmark03. i got a 43,761 on aquamark and a 5931 on 3dmark. im not sure if they are good scores.

looks like some average scores for a 9800pro system.

6,000 in 3dMark03 isn't bad... the 9800XT pulls 6,500 in 03, I believe. Of course, the x800 XT pulls 12,000. ;)

I like the flat black. I've been thinking about painting the inside of my Lian-Li. Initially I was thinking of red, but since my mobo is black, maybe I should go with black too.

mycomp5.jpg

BTW, my old fx5900(non-ultra) did 6450 3dmarks, and my 6800GT does 12,500 :)

I know my wire management sucks!

well sorry i havnt updated in awhile. ive been really busy with work and all. working 7-7 all day long and sometimes 8 hours on saterdays gives me just enough time to rest on sunday. well so far i decided to go with watercooled system, i placed an order with frozencpu the other day and ordered a 3/8 TDX water block, 10ft of tygon tubing, 2 Alu. 120 mm fans, 3 coolermaster Neon LED fans, and some other odds and ends. my current white led fans arent cutting it. 2 of them are one color and the other 2 are another color. they also dont push enough air. i will try and get some pics of how it looks now tonight.

i finally got some pics today.sorry they are so blurly. im not sure if it is the white cathodes or is it my crappy cam, i also got my WC stuff in the mail. well here are the pics.
aircooled2.jpg

aircooled1.jpg

here are the pics of the stuff i just got.
watercooledstuff.jpg

TDX.jpg

sorry for the lack of updates. so far i have decided to go with a full aqua-computer set up. i have sold my tdx, and i should be getting my stuff early next week. i will most likely be gutting my case tomorrow or monday. and get it all preped for the cuts i will be making. then after that i will be putting on 2 more coats of flat black and 2 coats of clear coat. here is a list of all the stuff i will be getting.

Cuplex Evo Revision 1.1
Twinplex for GPU
Airplex Evo 240 w/ the grill
Coolplex 10
AC Fluid
GlowMotion "Clear Blue" ( i mite add this in)
AC Multilayer Sound Absorption Mat
AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12(from DTEK)
All 10mm(3/8)

i got my package in today. and im so excited it feels like christmas. hopfully tonight i will get around to gutting the case out again and get it all preped for tomorrow. i am goignt o starting making all the cuts i need to make. well here is some Aqua-Computer goodness. :D

P1010002s.jpg

P1010003s.jpg

P1010004s.jpg

P1010005s.jpg

P1010006s.jpg

P1010007s.jpg

P1010008s.jpg

P1010009s.jpg

P1010010s.jpg

P1010011s.jpg

P1010012s.jpg

P1010003sa.jpg