Project Dark Angel

i have installed my rad and grill a few days ago and ran into a problem. it looks like my psu is to long. its bigger then the avg. psu. so think weekend i will have to order a new psu. i will prolly be doing some work on the mobo tray this weekend.

i just got done painting my case. but i still need to spray on one more coat on the mobo try then it will be finshed. i still have to figure out where i am going to mount my res.. i also had to order a new PSU. i decided to go with a PCP&C Turbo-Cool 425 ATX Deluxe Power Supply. it whould be here tomorrow. i dedided to install a piece of sound insolation in the hard drive cage. i have to run to HD after work tomorrow and pick up some hardware to mount the pump. hopfully buy this weekend i will have everything ready to be installed.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

i am now, officially jelous. now get the water cooling setup in there asap and post more pics!
you make my pc65b look like rainbows and tie dye shirts :(

its comin along quite nicely i cant wait to see how it looks all done and lit up...its gonna be STUPID HOT and dont forget to post pics when its all done. keep up the good work pimp.

The Aluminum and black look very sexy together. The paint job looks much better than before as well.

the new paint job really looks better than your original one. can't wait to see how it turns out :).

Should have went UV with an all black case but it still looks really nice. How difficult would you say it was to get the interior a nice black like yours, and could you pm me exactly how you did it? ^^

thanks for all the replies. well i first put on about 6 coats of flat black. was 4 at first then i decided to paint it again. before the last coat of black i did a light sand to get out any ruff spots. then i sprayed about 4 coats of clear to get the shine the way i wanted. and any sanding if needed and thats basically it

this is a small update. i got all of my tubing cut.and i am now currently leak testing. then tomorrow i will be installing all of the hardware. well here are some pics.

17.jpg

16.jpg

this one is where all the tubing is cut
18.jpg

these ones are where i am leak testing.
20.jpg

21.jpg

i got it from snt-systems. its made by Cape Corp. there like 4 different sizes. snt only carries 3 sizes. i got the smallest one.

Man i think this pc is crazy hot. One of the best WC systems i seen in a long time keep up the good work.

Hey guys. Just trolling the boards here at work and thought I might actually post something. I am currently building a new system. Just need to order my Coolermaster Wavemaster case, memory and hard drive and I can get started putting it together.

I eventually want to add watercooling and I was wondering how the quality is of the aqua computer stuff from Germany. I am not familiar with any watercooling, so basically I'm a noobie. Where can I purchase it or do more research on it. Thanks

Flat4 keep up the awesome work.

well i finally got around to taking some pics of everything installed. sorry if there is to much glare or blury. well here are the pics.
22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

33.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

30.jpg

29.jpg

32.jpg

there is still a few things i would like to get like a better sound card, maybe an audigy 2zs, a 2nd hard drive for data, and maybe a 6800gt. but its all prolly going to happen next year after christmas.

looking very sweet...u put my watercooling to shame...aren't u using any additive? or is it clear? i saw that u had the AC fluid in ur one pic, but i can't tell if ur using it...sorry if i just can't tell!!

but, again, looking VERY nice...keep up the good work!

yea im using AC fluid. its yellow but when u add it in the water it is clean.

don't tell me you just took the tubing out a slot back there ;) sure this is such a good idea? i mean isn't it kinda unsafe?
damn.. what was the word again *g*
the tubing might... uuuhm..well it might look like this |_ .. thus disturbing the waterflow :D

if you know what i mean.

Cya
FallenOne

FallenOne said:
don't tell me you just took the tubing out a slot back there ;) sure this is such a good idea? i mean isn't it kinda unsafe?
damn.. what was the word again *g*
the tubing might... uuuhm..well it might look like this |_ .. thus disturbing the waterflow :D

if you know what i mean.

Cya
FallenOne

i think ur looking for the word "kink"

there is no kinks at all. they just happen to fit in there perfect.

Good stuff flat4, really gives me an insight into what my Lian-Li PC60 is gonna look like with my black interior....'cept mine'll all be the same black and will blend really cool. Also, I can't wait to show you guys my h2O setup, especially in the black case.....it's laid out so nice, and the 1/2 ID tubing isn't messy at all.....looks very pimp. :cool:

Didn't mean to thread jack...just got me thinkin' of how nice my LiLi is gonna be by the end of the year and I got excited. :D

flat4, what are your temps in this sexy beast? i'm looking into watercooling, and AC is one option (albeit an expensive one)... :D

IceWeasel said:
flat4, what are your temps in this sexy beast? i'm looking into watercooling, and AC is one option (albeit an expensive one)... :D

I was also looking at rigging up some kind of custom AC setup with my case, but in the end I simply "caved" and got the h2O. :p

oh i probably wont go with AC, here is what i'm looking at...

A64 DD TDX Block - $53
Top Type - Lucite
Maze4 Chipset Block with Brass Top - $45 (not sure if i'll cool NB)
2Fresh Rad
D4 12Volt Pump - $75 (or something else)
10' Clear Flex Tubing - $12
Maze4 Graphics Block - $40
and some type of res

IceWeasel said:
oh i probably wont go with AC, here is what i'm looking at...

A64 DD TDX Block - $53
Top Type - Lucite
Maze4 Chipset Block with Brass Top - $45 (not sure if i'll cool NB)
2Fresh Rad
D4 12Volt Pump - $75 (or something else)
10' Clear Flex Tubing - $12
Maze4 Graphics Block - $40
and some type of res

Lookin' good, but I just can't stop recommending my own little CSP-750 12v pump. This thing is amazing....and I'm planning on adding a second pump in series with this one to achieve a discharge head length of about double the Eheim 1250, and a flow rate only about 10GPH or so behind. ;)

IceWeasel said:

i coulndt tell u actually. im waiting on the new bios for my mobo. on digidoc it reads cpu 47c and case 29. when the new bios come sout who knows when it is soppesed to fix the readings. but i know its alot cooler the 47c i can just tell.

Jitsu said:
:jawdroppage:

Sexay!!!1!1!1!!

You think YOU'RE in awe??? I'm getting more and more ancy now.....I just found out that I'm gonna be able to get my entire chasis painted black the way i WANTED it.........POWDER COAT BABY!!!!!

I'll be sure to have pics up, but flat4's case has REALLY got me anctious to see what the powder coat will look like, after seeing how nice his turned out.

I'm impressed! The white cathode is a nice touch.

/me writes notes...

wow i thought my thread was dead. yea corn i wanted to powder coat my case but didnt have the extra money to spend. i mite do it on my next case.

flat4 said:
wow i thought my thread was dead. yea corn i wanted to powder coat my case but didnt have the extra money to spend. i mite do it on my next case.

how much were you hearing that it was gonna cost you? Honestly, it's NOT that expensive here, only gonna cost me $75 CDN.....maybe less, only about twice as much as it would have cost to buy paint and primer and do it myself....and this way I dont run the risk of f#ucking something up and ruining my baby. ;)

flat4 said:
so far it hasnt but it is still hand drying over night. i rumbed on it with my hand and it stays on it.

does anyone know where i can get a black mobo? im havin trouble finding one. and a good one at that. ive seen silver. but thats about it

Well if your going Intel, I know fer sure the P5AD2 E Premium vis black I have it already
:D
Edit: Scratch that, well maybe this will teach me to read all First :D .

Very good work Flat,,,, and the new paint job looks much better.
Dam it i wish my funds were better, it seems like its taken for ever to get all the Innards so I can do my Rig....

Good luck with it :cool:

Dre

New pics? The latest onces in this thread are almost 2 months old.....unless you've seen something I haven't. :p

hey i have a random question, where did you get that gold colored SATA cables? for that matter where can long sata cables in multiple color choices be found! why so hard!?

lovely mod, been added to my watch list.

Back