Production 2010 Camaro Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always talk about engine size, but never talk about what the engine is pushing. sigh.......

Agreed, it is HP/liter and FT-LBs of torque at what RPM that matters.

There are plenty of Riceburner motorcycle engines that slap the shit out of V8's in the power/displacement dept. But you wouldn't want to commute with anything like it in your mini-van.

But nothing on earth beats the smallblock Chevy V8 in bang/buck. It has a multibillion dollar aftermarket supporting it, and hundreds of engine shops able to do whatever you could imagine as far as modifications and customizations.

Also, when was the last time some Euro-trash or Rice-burner crap could slap on slicks and pop a wheely? A few $K into a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger/etc can achieve that result anytime. A friend of mine's 67 GT350 did just that at NE dragway years ago.

This shit always cracks me up, anytime anywhere a street Corvette with a few tweaks will CRUSH a Ferrari in a road race, and always did since the 60's. The latest ZR1 is no different, it can take anything short of a $1+ MILLION McClaren with very slight race-ready preperation. Same goes for Mustang's and Camaro's that with minor tweaking (total cost not even near a BMW/MB/etc) can mop up the road... drag or road race... with any of the Euro-trash and Riceburner crap. :eek::rolleyes::p

The car did an 8:20 on the ring, that's only slightly better than a cobalt SS. It's no GT-R.

This shit always cracks me up, anytime anywhere a street Corvette with a few tweaks will CRUSH a Ferrari in a road race, and always did since the 60's. The latest ZR1 is no different, it can take anything short of a $1+ MILLION McClaren with very slight race-ready preperation. Same goes for Mustang's and Camaro's that with minor tweaking (total cost not even near a BMW/MB/etc) can mop up the road... drag or road race... with any of the Euro-trash and Riceburner crap. :eek::rolleyes::p

Lol. No.

Agreed, it is HP/liter and FT-LBs of torque at what RPM that matters.

There are plenty of Riceburner motorcycle engines that slap the shit out of V8's in the power/displacement dept. But you wouldn't want to commute with anything like it in your mini-van.

But nothing on earth beats the smallblock Chevy V8 in bang/buck. It has a multibillion dollar aftermarket supporting it, and hundreds of engine shops able to do whatever you could imagine as far as modifications and customizations.

Also, when was the last time some Euro-trash or Rice-burner crap could slap on slicks and pop a wheely? A few $K into a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger/etc can achieve that result anytime. A friend of mine's 67 GT350 did just that at NE dragway years ago.

Any car company can build a big ass engine, wheelie hopper. Especially if thier region isnt taxed on big engines. Some manufactures concentrate on more important things such as technology, fuel/energy effeciency and inviornment. Which is why some companies earn a good margin in profit and some loose lots profit. Good examples of excellent companies who are still strong in the buisiness (even with lack of bang or buck V8's) are Honda and Toyota.

Ive heard the same crap for 20 years, meantime the Corvette's have slapped the shit out of all the 300ZX's and Acura NSX's and BMW whatever's on the track and off.

My stock 86 Z51 (air filter/no mufflers/supercoil/11mmMoroso wires/ 17" TransAm wheels with Goodyear GS-c tires) never met a Japanese anything, or Euro trash anything that I couldn't take road or track.... except an AMG modified MB 560SEC that SMOKED me on RT93 in NH.... at 165 MPH it left me in the dust and kept accelerating. :eek::rolleyes::p

I ran it in an amateur road race at NHIS held just after the showroom stock race and I averaged 1 sec slower per lap than the full-race winning Corvette of Kim Baker @ 1min 19sec per lap... on STREET TIRES. Of course the day before a F1 car prepping for the Montreal GP was doing the same course at 44 sec per lap :eek::rolleyes::p

Tommy Cruise in his full-race 300ZX was running 1min 22sec per lap untill his brakes burst into flames and he had to drop out... cough. And yes Mimi has HUGE[/B,] cough. :cool:

So blah blah blah, the small block chevy V8 is the culmination of 50+ years of development and support and can beat anything else at whatever price point you want to invest (other than BIGGER US V8's like the BB Chevy, real HEMI and BOSS429 or the ultra rare Ford SOHC).

BTW, did you know Ford had a 32 valve double overhead cam V8 in 1942 !!! A real battleship of an engine too... literally, a TANK ENGINE. With a double-roller CHAIN DRIVE on the cams, not that japo-euro-trash rubber belt bullshit we've all been infected with.

Nothing like zipping around in your japo-euro lahdeedah-cah and SPROING! Oops timing belt broke, tinktinktink all the valves broke, oops. Krunch krunch Krunch all the pistons are toast, oops. :D

The car did an 8:20 on the ring, that's only slightly better than a cobalt SS. It's no GT-R.

The ZR-1 set nurmburg ring record @ 7:26.4 smashing the GTR.

As for your comment, you are comparing the GTR to the Camaro? LMAO. :p

Ive heard the same crap for 20 years, meantime the Corvette's have slapped the shit out of all the 300ZX's and Acura NSX's and BMW whatever's on the track and off.

My stock 86 Z51 (air filter/no mufflers/supercoil/11mmMoroso wires/ 17" TransAm wheels with Goodyear GS-c tires) never met a Japanese anything, or Euro trash anything that I couldn't take road or track.... except an AMG modified MB 560SEC that SMOKED me on RT93 in NH.... at 165 MPH it left me in the dust and kept accelerating. :eek::rolleyes::p

I ran it in an amateur road race at NHIS held just after the showroom stock race and I averaged 1 sec slower per lap than the full-race winning Corvette of Kim Baker @ 1min 19sec per lap... on STREET TIRES. Of course the day before a F1 car prepping for the Montreal GP was doing the same course at 44 sec per lap :eek::rolleyes::p

Tommy Cruise in his full-race 300ZX was running 1min 22sec per lap untill his brakes burst into flames and he had to drop out... cough. And yes Mimi has HUGE[/B,] cough. :cool:

So blah blah blah, the small block chevy V8 is the culmination of 50+ years of development and support and can beat anything else at whatever price point you want to invest (other than BIGGER US V8's like the BB Chevy, real HEMI and BOSS429 or the ultra rare Ford SOHC).

BTW, did you know Ford had a 32 valve double overhead cam V8 in 1942 !!! A real battleship of an engine too... literally, a TANK ENGINE. With a double-roller CHAIN DRIVE on the cams, not that japo-euro-trash rubber belt bullshit we've all been infected with.

Nothing like zipping around in your japo-euro lahdeedah-cah and SPROING! Oops timing belt broke, tinktinktink all the valves broke, oops. Krunch krunch Krunch all the pistons are toast, oops. :D

A 300ZX? That's your idea of japannese super cars? /sigh

Put it up against an R32 or R34. C5s had freaking leaf springs. :rolleyes:

A 300ZX? That's your idea of japannese super cars? /sigh

Put it up against an R32 or R34. C5s had freaking leaf springs. :rolleyes:

Leaf springs is the best comback you can come up with?! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter if it used penut butter as shock absorbers, the fact is that it blows the doors off the competition.

...keep trolling.

The ZR-1 set nurmburg ring record @ 7:26.4 smashing the GTR.

As for your comment, you are comparing the GTR to the Camaro? LMAO. :p

ZR-1 is 30K more, (72K base to 105K base iirc). It "smashed" the GT-R's record by 2.63 seconds. (7:26.4 to 7:29.03) I'm not going to say that -2.63 seconds isn't worth 30K, however I will say the Z06 (73K) which is the price competitor of the GT-R did it in 7.43.

Ring Lap Times

Not comparing the GT-R to the camaro. It doesn't compare. Which was the point. It belongs in the class with mustangs and such, not high end sport cars. The 8:20 it did was on the top model, not the "base".

Leaf springs is the best comback you can come up with?! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter if it used penut butter as shock absorbers, the fact is that it blows the doors off the competition.

...keep trolling.

See the above post for some hard numbers on the C6 corvettes vs a GT-R.

ZR-1 is 30K more, (72K base to 105K base iirc). It "smashed" the GT-R's record by 2.63 seconds. (7:26.4 to 7:29.03) I'm not going to say that -2.63 seconds isn't worth 30K, however I will say the Z06 (73K) which is the price competitor of the GT-R did it in 7.43.

Ring Lap Times

Not comparing the GT-R to the camaro. It doesn't compare. Which was the point. It belongs in the class with mustangs and such, not high end sport cars. The 8:20 it did was on the top model, not the "base".

Only 2.63 seconds? you tout as if it's nothing, but yet if the opposite was true, you bet your balls that GTR fanbois (you) will be all over this post.

No one said that the Camaro compared to the GTR, you did. No one said it was a exotic high end sports car, you assumed we did.

I find it funny how money all of a sudden is such a big issue when the times are brought up... but yet, you fail to realize the entire reason of the excitement and the Camaro is the fact that the thing sits at 28k and can run with cars nearly twice its price.

No one here said the GTR sucked either, you are the one who is turning this into an import vs domestic (OMG PUSHROD!! OMG LEAFSPRINGS!) issue.

Leaf springs is the best comback you can come up with?!
C5 Base did an 8:40 on the Ring with leaf springs. A stock 2000 S2000 did it in 8:39, thats with 220HP.

Corvettes are nice cars. They really are. They are not the end all be all that someone was trying to make them out to be.

C5 Base did an 8:40 on the Ring with leaf springs. A stock 2000 S2000 did it in 8:39, thats with 220HP.

Corvettes are nice cars. They really are. They are not the end all be all that someone was trying to make them out to be.

The ZR-1 also has leafsprings... whats your point? :rolleyes:

No one said they are at the end all cars, but you seem to want to leave credit out where credit is due.

Steve. Lock this thread, seriously. The only thing I see coming are bans for a lot of people. V_V You guys all need to chill a bit.

Only 2.63 seconds? you tout as if it's nothing, but yet if the opposite was true, you bet your balls that GTR fanbois (you) will be all over this post.
I said

Rereading that I don't see where I touted it as nothing. Infact I specifically said I would NOT say that 30K wasn't worth 2.63 seconds. I'm sorry you've assumed I'm a troll, but please read my posts instead of assuming what you want from them.

No one said that the Camaro compared to the GTR, you did. No one said it was a exotic high end sports car, you assumed we did.
Yet in the next paragraph you say...
but yet, you fail to realize the entire reason of the excitement and the Camaro is the fact that the thing sits at 28k and can run with cars nearly twice its price.
:confused: You yourself have just compared it to a GT-R.

8:20 is the time for the top model, not the base. 8:20-8:30s are filled with 30Kish sports cars like 350zs and S2Ks. It isn't anything special. That was the point I was making when I said it isn't a GT-R. Since obviously I can't make a one sentance statement and be done with something here I'll give you my full views

The Camaro is a fine car. However, it is not in a special league fighting the price/preformance leaders of cars above it. It's road course preformance, that is turns as well as straights, is on par with it's direct price competitors. It is not a special car like the GT-R which can compete with the industry standard cars that are 30K more than it. Never the less, it is a fine car for the price, even more so if you like the heritage and styling it brings.

No one here said the GTR sucked either, you are the one who is turning this into an import vs domestic (OMG PUSHROD!! OMG LEAFSPRINGS!) issue.

I didn't turn this into import v domestic, xX_Jack_Carver_Xx did. I was replying to that post. And seriously, please stop trying defending leafsprings. That's like defending a solid rear axel. Timing chains vs belts those are fan boyism arguments. Leaf springs are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back