Problems with bios resetting itself..

Rustedimpala

Limp Gawd
I have a Gigabyte GA-7n400pro 2 mobo, which has worked just fine for me. Until I added an adaptec scsi card and a pair of U320 15k rpm Seagate drives in raid 0 :D. Everytime I shut down and take it over to my friends house, the bios resets itself to defaults. And it does it when I bring it home. Is that just a problem with the Gigabyte dual bios? Or is something wrong? Anyone know how to keep it from resetting itself. I never had this problem until I added the scsi drives. Its not that big of deal to me, its just annoying. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

No Im pretty sure it isnt the battery. I'll go get another one today though. Just to make sure.

How's you +5vsb line on your PSU...if that line dies then you bios can clear if the battery is crap.

MD

MD_Willington said:
How's you +5vsb line on your PSU...if that line dies then you bios can clear if the battery is crap.

MD

Im getting between 5.12 and 5.15 volts on the +5 side.

I added an adaptec scsi card and a pair of U320 15k rpm Seagate drives in raid 0

Not sure how much juice that gear needs...

Whats the true capacity of your power supply? What I mean by that is not whats written on the side like "400W" I mean what are the amperage (A) specs for each voltage on the side of the power supply for:
3.3V = ?A
+5V =?A
+12V =?A
+5VSB =?A

MD

MD_Willington said:
Not sure how much juice that gear needs...

Whats the true capacity of your power supply? What I mean by that is not whats written on the side like "400W" I mean what are the amperage (A) specs for each voltage on the side of the power supply for:
3.3V = ?A
+5V =?A
+12V =?A
+5VSB =?A

MD

Its showing max load ratings at:

3.3v=30
+5v=40
+12v=18
+5VSB=2.0

Its a thermaltake with active pfc on it.

Back