Problems with bios resetting itself..

Rustedimpala

Limp Gawd
I have a Gigabyte GA-7n400pro 2 mobo, which has worked just fine for me. Until I added an adaptec scsi card and a pair of U320 15k rpm Seagate drives in raid 0 :D. Everytime I shut down and take it over to my friends house, the bios resets itself to defaults. And it does it when I bring it home. Is that just a problem with the Gigabyte dual bios? Or is something wrong? Anyone know how to keep it from resetting itself. I never had this problem until I added the scsi drives. Its not that big of deal to me, its just annoying. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

MD_Willington

2[H]4U
How's you +5vsb line on your PSU...if that line dies then you bios can clear if the battery is crap.

MD

Rustedimpala

Limp Gawd
MD_Willington said:
How's you +5vsb line on your PSU...if that line dies then you bios can clear if the battery is crap.

MD

Im getting between 5.12 and 5.15 volts on the +5 side.

MD_Willington

2[H]4U
I added an adaptec scsi card and a pair of U320 15k rpm Seagate drives in raid 0

Not sure how much juice that gear needs...

Whats the true capacity of your power supply? What I mean by that is not whats written on the side like "400W" I mean what are the amperage (A) specs for each voltage on the side of the power supply for:
3.3V = ?A
+5V =?A
+12V =?A
+5VSB =?A

MD

Rustedimpala

Limp Gawd
MD_Willington said:
Not sure how much juice that gear needs...

Whats the true capacity of your power supply? What I mean by that is not whats written on the side like "400W" I mean what are the amperage (A) specs for each voltage on the side of the power supply for:
3.3V = ?A
+5V =?A
+12V =?A
+5VSB =?A

MD

Its showing max load ratings at:

3.3v=30
+5v=40
+12v=18
+5VSB=2.0

Its a thermaltake with active pfc on it.