Problem with BIOS?

Rocksta107

Limp Gawd
When I boot up, my computer feezes after post and sits there with the "press del to enter setup" screen. If I hit delete, the system shows "loading setup" but never makes it to the bios.

Any ideas?

(Brand new computer in my sig, worked fine for 2-3 days. Stopped working on a reboot for a sound card driver)

If a USB keyboard, unplug it wherever it is frozen in CMOS, and plug it back in. Does that unfreeze it?

If not, try a PS/2 keyboard.

If thy sound card offends thee, pluck it out.

Try taking the sound card out of the machine. The driver install might have done something with assigning IRQ to the card and now it conflicts with something else. Machines are not susposed to do that anymore but sound cards are notorious pains in the ass. And since everything was fine until you put in the sound card driver it pretty much points all the blame in that direction.

;)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try and let you know when I get my RMA back in a few days. In the mean time, anyone else can post suggestions and I'll go down the list and let people know the results.

Also might want to try resetting your CMOS using the jumpers on the board itself. Consult your manual for its location.

Back