Prices already dropped on AM2 and X2's!

HighwayAssassins said:
patience is a virtue my friend. Your rig is running now, and in the near future you will have an upgrade, be it tomorrow or next week, you will have that precious X2 ;)

Isn't AMD stopping production on the 939s? I'm just concearned that newegg will drop the prices, and by the time I find out or am able to get to a computer, they'll be sold out.

Kicker said:
we don't want it next week. We want it NOW.
believe me, I want my new shiney 4600+ NOW too...but till the egg and ZZF drop the prices, we will just have to wait it seems.

dfedders said:
Isn't AMD stopping production on the 939s? I'm just concearned that newegg will drop the prices, and by the time I find out or am able to get to a computer, they'll be sold out.
no not at all. Just the 1MB L2 cache chips.

Meaning:

X2 4800+ 2x1MB L2 2.4GHZ <--Discontinued
X2 4600+ 2x512KB L2 2.4 GHz <--will continue ot be made

HighwayAssassins said:
believe me, I want my new shiney 4600+ NOW too...but till the egg and ZZF drop the prices, we will just have to wait it seems.

guess so. or i might jsut drive to fry's at lunch and get it there.

Kicker said:
- Cooler Master Centurion 5
- Raidmax Aurora RX-580F 580 Watt
- Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
- ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570
- G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
- connect3D Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3
- AMD AM2 X2 --------+

that's exactly what i just ordered yesterday, except i got corsair and a praetorian.
thats going to be a nice rig. now you just need 2x7950GTX or whatever they are.

I have a email into my newegg rep, I'll post what he says about their site not dropping the prices

HighwayAssassins said:
thats going to be a nice rig. now you just need 2x7950GTX or whatever they are.

i got a 7900GT, too poor after what i just purchased to be able to get 2.

Kicker said:
i got a 7900GT, too poor after what i just purchased to be able to get 2.
wait, you have a 7900GT, and you went and purchased an ATi card? Why not another nVidia card and SLI?

-(Xyphox)- said:
I have a email into my newegg rep, I'll post what he says about their site not dropping the prices

One thing I've noticed about newegg, they are quick to raise prices but slow to drop them :(

Why do I feel like I am going to regret not getting one from mwave or Monarch yesterday? I guess thats what I get for listening to those fools that said "wait for newegg, zipzoomfly, etc".

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. I knew these were going to sell out fast. So this morning when I saw Mwave having them in stock (becuase monarch is notorious for not updating their site real time when it comes to stock) I ordered it right away. My order was approved and here I sit waiting for it to be shipped prob tonight or something. I didnt want to wait for ZZF or NE becuase 1) i live in NJ and NE has ridiculous tax and who knows how long until their prices drop to a reasonable level and 2) zzf likes to jump around with their prices and stock quantity. one day id see an item for 315 in stock, the next its 270 OOS. monarch doesnt have sales tax but their shippping is a tad slow. mwave ive never had a problem with except their unusually high shipping rates.

One thing I've noticed about newegg, they are quick to raise prices but slow to drop them

QFT

PC Surgeon said:
One thing I've noticed about newegg, they are quick to raise prices but slow to drop them :(
no kidding. they used to be better before they realized how awesome they were...then little things started changing. That said, they are still the best in the biz, but they do have some problems.

HighwayAssassins said:
no kidding. they used to be better before they realized how awesome they were...then little things started changing. That said, they are still the best in the biz, but they do have some problems.
Well when you think about it, it's in their best interest to leave the prices as high as possible for as long as possible. Because they still have proc's that they bought when the price was high, so if they were to drop them they would lose money.

-(Xyphox)- said:

Ya let us know that would be great! :D

I have been searching around for the 5000+ also, and I found it for $449.00 here:
http://www.a2zcomp.com/buy.asp!!!!!!!12&SKU=J70889I

just copy and paste it, for some reason it won't work with the link tags

alphaone said:
Well when you think about it, it's in their best interest to leave the prices as high as possible for as long as possible. Because they still have proc's that they bought when the price was high, so if they were to drop them they would lose money.
oh yea, no argument there. newegg does what is best for them, like any business. It just seems that they built this reputation by thinking of the customer first for years, then once they were big, they switched into more of a business mentality.

not a bad thing, just business 101; and you cant blame them at all. all im saying is they used to have the lowest prices period...now they are a litte more than average.

I find ZZF and Monarch have the lowest prices most of the time, and ClubIT even though they dont carry nearly as much as the other two.

I used to buy exclusively from Newegg, but the past few times for new releases or new price cuts, Newegg has had higher prices so I've gone to Mwave or Monarch. (like my 7900GTX)

Update: Mwave has x2s in stock. I think they will have them in and out of stock for the week so it doesnt overload their servers or something like that.

DangerIsGo said:
Update: Mwave has x2s in stock. I think they will have them in and out of stock for the week so it doesnt overload their servers or something like that.

is it safe to buy from Mwave? i've never used them before.

brighton said:
is it safe to buy from Mwave? i've never used them before.

From what I've heard yes. I just bought my processor, and received an email from them. They still haven't approved / shipped the product though (While newegg already approved my zalman heatsink).

Do it! :D I be the sales rep would be like 'Uhh, I dont know. Whatever our site says is what it is. We always have the best prices around so dont hesistate to shop at newegg.com! Thats N-E-W-E-G-G-.-C-O-M! :p'

they approved my order for my 4200x2, ordered at 8 15 am est and they approved it maybe 2-3 hours later i also bought a motherboard after i ordered the cpu like 3 mins after, they just now emailed me saying the mobo shipped hope the cpu does soon

luke51087 said:
they approved my order for my 4200x2, ordered at 8 15 am est and they approved it maybe 2-3 hours later i also bought a motherboard after i ordered the cpu like 3 mins after, they just now emailed me saying the mobo shipped hope the cpu does soon

Oh cool, should get my approval at around lunch time then.

enzio said:
Oh cool, should get my approval at around lunch time then.

yeah i hope they can get my cpu out today since they were already fast to get my motherboard out

Update: Mwave is out. Yeah probably doing this in and out of stock thing as to not f*k up the orders.

Kinda funny as I just pressed refresh and its in! Wow those delivery trucks from AMD are fast! :p

Mwave is VERY safe and I use them regularly. It helps that I liove down the street from them also :D Too bad they are all out at this time though :(

i hope i dont get screwed over with the back ordered or something email later on my 4200x2 which i bought this morning at 8, they have charged me just waiting on tracking

James24 said:
Mwave is VERY safe and I use them regularly. It helps that I liove down the street from them also :D Too bad they are all out at this time though :(

You should make a friend or two in there. Maybe you can do a pickup on your items ;)

Luke, me too.

luke51087 said:
i hope i dont get screwed over with the back ordered or something email later on my 4200x2 which i bought this morning at 8, they have charged me just waiting on tracking

Hmm, I hope that doesn't happen to me, and gets cleared up for others.

DangerIsGo said:
You should make a friend or two in there. Maybe you can do a pickup on your items ;)

Luke, me too.

Well yeah I am friendly with them all and they do have will call pu
:D About t make a call on the 4200

tazzmissionx said:
I have been searching around for the 5000+ also, and I found it for $449.00 here:
http://www.a2zcomp.com/buy.asp!!!!!!!12&SKU=J70889I

just copy and paste it, for some reason it won't work with the link tags

That price sucks. The 5000 is supposed to be around $300

Hochi: No they haven't. I just checked and it's still $400-something for the 4600

If anyone finds a place with the 5000+ for a better price than Outpost's $325 please post it.

Back