Prices already dropped on AM2 and X2's!

Dang, I'd buy from Monarch but the price for the memory is 30 bucks higher there. I don't really want to split up the orders between stores either.

Pooky said:
...What should I do? Wait till January and go for a new CPU/Memory/Board upgrade with Intel or take the 4600+ and hold out as long as humanely possible? Why can't I be one of those people that still have and love their Athlon XP's (if I had actually bought an XP)?

Going from this 3700+ to a possible quad core CPU would be really neat, but getting cheap dual core now would be awesome too. :confused:

At some point, you have to ask yourself: what CAN'T I do with my current system (that I care for) that the new system would enable me to do?

Look at the systems in my sig. They serve me plenty, and I will only upgrade them when they no longer fullfil my needs.
Put that money toward a different goal if it itches you.

I have to admit though that if it wasn't for all the work that comes with a new system (build and test for stability, then fresh OS install and configuration), I would be more tempted for that cheap X2 3800+. :)

skudmunky said:
Newegg had better drop prices tomorrow, I've just gotta figure out which ram to get now.

Heh, yeah, really. I've been waiting a few days, and don't want to be dissapointed. If newegg doesn't drop prices on monday, then I'll try find a trusty website that will be able to ship it in 2-3 days for roughly the same price as newegg's shipments.

spectrumbx said:
I have to admit though that if it wasn't for all the work that comes with a new system (build and test for stability, then fresh OS install and configuration), I would be more tempted for that cheap X2 3800+. :)

thats the fun part though! i have to admit that for me, the build and setup is much more fun than actually using the thing once it's done :D

I just scooped up an X2 4800+ for $321.99 out the door.

Someone congradulate me before the guild sets in. Thank you OP for the heads up.

Are 5000+'s even on the market yet? I haven't been able to find them ANYWHERE in the US.

Yeah I'm hoping to pick up a 5000+ as well, hopefully places have those in stock tomorrow. I wonder why they're so hard to find?

Does anyone know if the Fry's brick & mortar stores carry AM2 procs? I work 5 minutes from one so going there is definitely a possibility. Maybe I'll just go on over there tomorrow and see.

distr0 said:
thats the fun part though! i have to admit that for me, the build and setup is much more fun than actually using the thing once it's done :D

Ah, I, on the other hand, have done it some many times that I don't care to do it anymore.
Couple that with a demanding job and I am at a point where I am more likely to buy a system from Dell with warranty than build one if the price is right.

OMG that 4800+ looks delicious but since its for my bday, I cant spend over 250ish. Id REALLY want 1MB of cache per core so if the 4400 drops in that price range im ALL over it, but if it doesnt, ill prob end up w/ a 4600+

I'm still noticing a lot of sites where the price-cuts aren't in effect yet (NewEgg, ZZF, Tiger Direct). What's the deal? I want my 5000 now :(

Maybe I'm just looking too early, it is only 7am after all.

enelson125 said:
I'm still noticing a lot of sites where the price-cuts aren't in effect yet (NewEgg, ZZF, Tiger Direct). What's the deal? I want my 5000 now :(

Maybe I'm just looking too early, it is only 7am after all.

thats what im thinking its still very early on the west coast.

brighton said:
thats what im thinking its still very early on the west coast.

That better be the reason. Hopefully in a few hours when more people wake up, the price cuts will be in effect.

enzio said:
That better be the reason. Hopefully in a few hours when more people wake up, the price cuts will be in effect.

im really hoping so also, its currently 6:30 AM on the west coast.

Mwave has just approved my order on my 4200x2 ill update you guys when they give me a tracking number. :D

luke51087 said:
Mwave has just approved my order on my 4200x2 ill update you guys when they give me a tracking number. :D

Thanks, I'm thinking about ordering the same...I just wonder what Newegg's plan is.

luke51087 said:

Jordan1 said:
Thanks, I'm thinking about ordering the same...I just wonder what Newegg's plan is.

Too late - all of mwave's X2's are out of stock now. Damn, I wish Newegg would hurry. I like Monarch and would just order through them but since I live in Georgia I'd get hit with $18+ in sales tax.

im starting to think places like Newegg will drop prices when conroe is released so July 27th/28th

In for a 4200 from mwave!

Same here! Ha I ordered my 4200+ X2 939 around 830 this morning EST while they were in stock :D Now that I look....I knew they were going to sell out fast
Just found out that my order was approved! Going to ship out hopefully soon!

wtf. i paid $575 for my 4600+ a month ago. fuck.

Sux :p

brighton said:
im starting to think places like Newegg will drop prices when conroe is released so July 27th/28th

That long? I've been hitting refresh all morning too on Newegg waiting for drops. :(

brighton said:
i checked this moring, prices are still up there...

Why do I feel like I am going to regret not getting one from mwave or Monarch yesterday? I guess thats what I get for listening to those fools that said "wait for newegg, zipzoomfly, etc". :(

dfedders said:
Why do I feel like I am going to regret not getting one from mwave or Monarch yesterday? I guess thats what I get for listening to those fools that said "wait for newegg, zipzoomfly, etc". :(

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way.

dfedders said:
patience is a virtue my friend. Your rig is running now, and in the near future you will have an upgrade, be it tomorrow or next week, you will have that precious X2 ;)

Back