Prey (2017)

Anyone ever have the save and quick save option black out on them where you can't use them?

I fixed it by transitioning to a different area thankfully. Just a heads up for anyone else that gets that problem.

Last edited:
Attempt to write data to address oxooooooo7fe6bcc603 the memory could not be written

^^ Anyone else get this error when playing the main game? It likes to crash on occasion with hacking and other transitionals. I've looked around and other people have had the problem and couldn't really nail down a solution. Hardware is fine... verified files...current drivers.... not sure what else to do.
Are you sure you didn't put an extra '0'? Because that is a 68-bit address.

Do you have a page file setup? How big is it?

Have you tried deleting your config files for the game?

Does the problem persist if you try starting a new game instead of loading from a save file?

You're still on Windows 7, yes? Do you have the "evil" update installed? If so, I would uninstall and block it. It's KB2670838. Also make sure you got KB4088881 installed if you have KB4088875.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Are you sure you didn't put an extra '0'? Because that is a 68-bit address.

Could be a typo on a copy and paste.

Do you have a page file setup? How big is it?

Have you tried deleting your config files for the game?

Does the problem persist if you try starting a new game instead of loading from a save file?

You're still on Windows 7, yes? Do you have the "evil" update installed? If so, I would uninstall and block it. It's KB2670838. Also make sure you got KB4088881 installed if you have KB4088875.

I'll check that W7 update... things seem to have stabilized for now and I'm not sure why but I did a @#$%ton of troubleshooting so maybe I hit something by accident. ;)

It's easy, because why would I be interested in a DLC for a game that I threw out after 30 minutes for being boring and derivative?
I'll give you boring, but everything these days is derivative. The difference is how well a piece of media derives from its inspiration to create a new experience. I think this game for the most part didn't achieve that, which contributes to it being boring.

I'll give you boring, but everything these days is derivative. The difference is how well a piece of media derives from its inspiration to create a new experience. I think this game for the most part didn't achieve that, which contributes to it being boring.
Derivative can be a good thing, but then I'd call that taking inspiration. But this game was derivative in a bad way. It felt like Bioshock meets System Shock2, but without an actual soul, or its own voice. And maybe it also had some mirror's edge to it, and some hl2 for good measure.

Got close to finishing this, finally, but somewhere along the way I got a human killed while going for a Do No Harm run, even though I was checking my stats before every hard save. I started over because of this and am going through it again. The game is pretty awesome overall, but I have to get one thing off my chest that I noticed: nearly every character you learn about along the way through e-mail or voice recording are either gay or bisexual and it bothered the hell out of me. 300 staff aboard this space station and you're telling me that the LGBT population is going to explode by a factor of 10 in less than 20 years? It's a fictional universe and all that, but come on. It's hard to continue to suspend disbelief with little things like that in a setting that is supposed to be semi-realistic.

Got close to finishing this, finally, but somewhere along the way I got a human killed while going for a Do No Harm run, even though I was checking my stats before every hard save. I started over because of this and am going through it again. The game is pretty awesome overall, but I have to get one thing off my chest that I noticed: nearly every character you learn about along the way through e-mail or voice recording are either gay or bisexual and it bothered the hell out of me. 300 staff aboard this space station and you're telling me that the LGBT population is going to explode by a factor of 10 in less than 20 years? It's a fictional universe and all that, but come on. It's hard to continue to suspend disbelief with little things like that in a setting that is supposed to be semi-realistic.

It's not that the population at large exploded. It was just a very fine-toothed screening process to get onto the space station. I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar... Let's start a war! Let's start a nuclear war!

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely recommend Mooncrash.

AFTER

You finish at least one run of the normal game. It's a true DLC.

I've been playing this thanks to Xbox game pass. Game is so good, can't believe I passed on it when it was released. I agree, some of the SJW/fluid stuff is overdone.

I've been playing this non-stop over the past few days...this is a masterpiece...one of the best sci-fi survival games I've ever played...a true System Shock successor...I don't remember why I didn't buy this at launch...so much fun...Arkane has done it again- level design, voice acting, atmosphere, characters, graphics, audio, gameplay etc...plus the game is long as hell if you do all the side missions

I hear the DLC is excellent as well and plan on picking it up after finishing the main campaign...Arkane is right up there with From Software and Rocksteady as one of my top tier developers, all their games seem first rate

Last edited:
finally finished the game- 35 hours...what a game...might actually make my all time Top 20 list...only negatives are the combat gets a bit repetitive as you're pretty much unstoppable by mid-game and I wish there were more enemy types...but overall this is one of the absolute best space survival horror games

Grade: 97

Attachments

• T7.png
    T7.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • T9.png
    T9.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • T10.png
    T10.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • T6.png
    T6.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
finally finished the game- 35 hours...what a game...might actually make my all time Top 20 list...only negatives are the combat gets a bit repetitive as you're pretty much unstoppable by mid-game and I wish there were more enemy types...but overall this is one of the absolute best space survival horror games

I agree completely. It's definitely a good one. Unfortunately I have yet to finish it due to a series of events that has led me to set it aside (when I was in the middle of playing). I think I was about 10 hours in, and totally enjoying it. I just kept getting side-tracked with projects, then after being interrupted so many times, I couldn't really pick it back up from where it was. So it didn't get a chance to pull me in like it should have. I then decided to wait a while, and start over from the beginning in order to play it straight through. I actually can't wait to have the time to do this. My wife is going out of town for a few days next month, and my project level has subsided a bit for my side-business. I think it will be the perfect opportunity for me to jump back into it.

Just from my time with it though, I think I'll probably end up able to give it a similar score. 95-97ish. I prefer the System Shock series, but there are a lot of reasons for that including my own nostalgia. I'd put this near those though. (and I'm also an Arkane fan in the first place since Dark Messiah)

I'd love a Dark Messiah "remaster." This is a really good game taken in total. Arkane really can't do wrong in my eyes by and large.

That would be very cool. It actually still holds up pretty well surprisingly, but a little extra polish, maybe some more content, and I'd be quite happy to play it yet again.

You're a lefty? BRB, getting yard stick.

You're a lefty? BRB, getting yard stick.

righty but I always use the arrow keys for movement...Prey uses a lot of keyboard controls and so some of the remapping is weird because I remap everything around the arrow keys...I used the [ ] keys for rolling in Zero-G because I knew I wouldn't use those keys much in the game

Get it and absolutely get all of it with Mooncrash.

If you really don't want to deal with Epic for one reason or another I see it all for dirt on GOG right now, too.

Picked it up with the DLC on Steam. Skillup's Deathloop review convinced me:

Worth getting for free without a doubt. I enjoy parts of it, but thought the pacing was off. Overall okay. If this comes with all the DLC I will definitely grab it as I haven't played the last DLC.

This is the only game with enemies that are designed worse then Serious Sam's imo. Made it to 3.8 hours b4 I got fed up with it.

This is the only game with enemies that are designed worse then Serious Sam's imo. Made it to 3.8 hours b4 I got fed up with it.
I'd say you're still in the tutorial part of the game if you only made it 4 hours. I didn't really like the game at that point, either, but it just gets better the further you get into the game. It really clicked for me when I came to the initial end point of the research section of the station where you start the game and explored out into the other parts of Talos I.

It's a good game. I also loved the first Prey (original) Prey. Don't really care too much about the naming. Both games are great. It didn't cause any brand confusion. I agree that it was an odd choice, but largely inconsequential. Still for a publisher to tell a studio what they have to name their game... Absolutely ridiculous. That's when I'd start seriously considering finding a new publisher.

Nah, call it "Perry" and name the main character as such.

Back