Post Your Workstations 2023

Looks like Mad Maxx won't make it 5 years in a row....

Still need to tidy up my wires/cables.
Custom built iron pipe desk.
Lighting in my basement isn't the greatest.
PXL_20230102_193008325~2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230102_224542883~2.jpg
    PXL_20230102_224542883~2.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I've made some major "cosmetic" upgrades to my PC, thanks to an abundance of Amazon Gift Cards at Christmas. New case, AIO and case fans. I need to do the cable management for the entire set up, though. I plan on buying some supplies/materials to help tackle the mess behind the scenes, and get it under control once and for all in 2023.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's set-up in this thread in 2023!

01.jpg
02.jpg

Last edited:
Case Thermaltake W100, 7950x cpu, Msi b650 Tomahawk mobo, G-SKILL 32gb of DDR5-6000 cl30, XFX Merc 7900xtx, Neo Forza 2tb nvme, Seagate 8tb hdd, Evga platinum 1300 watt psu, Artic Freezer 420 aio, Samsung Odyssey 240hz monitor.

Attachments

• 20221113_082209.jpg
    20221113_082209.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221230_130015.jpg
    20221230_130015.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nice setups y'all!
Here is mine.

New case, new CPU, mobo, DDR5, AIO, and I have a Corsair Crystal 680X coming in tomorrow, but in white. I know it will allow my bulge in the back to size down on this 4000D, but not sure if I will want that footprint again.

IMG-6771.jpg

Here is the view from my sitting side:

IMG-6772.jpg

I really had no clue that this tempered glass was this dark. I have some LED strips coming in soon from Amazon.

Decided to sell the 4000D, and go with a Corsair Crystal 680X. I like the dual chambers, but white is not my preferred color. Got it free on ebay because it came in shattered, and seller didn't want to deal with shipping it back to him.
I originally paid $220, free shipping (which must have cost about $60-80 of their profit) and got totally refunded. Bought a plexi side panel from coldzero with hexagons on the side for my vertically mounted GPU.

NOTE: If you're looking closely, you will see cans of dip and coffee grinds dip stuff. I am trying to stop vaping after 11 years, and having issues. These are non nicotine and non tobacco dips though.
whitecase.jpg

Here is my discord and chat monitor mounted:
IMG_6937.jpg

Made a few changes in the past couple weeks. Previous setup can be found in the 2022 thread :)
DD Audio speakers replaced with Kali Audio IN-8 v2
Topping A50s/D50s/P50 stack replaced with Sabaj A20d 2022
OEM monitor stand replaced with Huanuo arm

sWs0Et6.jpg

Made a few changes in the past couple weeks. Previous setup can be found in the 2022 thread :)
DD Audio speakers replaced with Kali Audio IN-8 v2
Topping A50s/D50s/P50 stack replaced with Sabaj A20d 2022
OEM monitor stand replaced with Huanuo arm

View attachment 545642
Nice!! I saw your setup this past Saturday over on Audio Science Review. How do you like those Kali Audio monitors? That white looks good. I saw them when I was auditioning speakers, back in November. I fell in love with a pair of Adam Audio A7V and never tried the Kali. Got the matching Adam Sub8, too.

a7v sub8.png

Last edited:
Nice!! I saw your setup this past Saturday over on Audio Science Review. How do you like those Kali Audio monitors? That white looks good. I saw them when I was auditioning speakers, back in November. I fell in love with a pair of Adam Audio A7V and never tried the Kali. Got the matching Adam Sub8, too.

View attachment 545757

Thanks! The Adams are very nice too. Sub 8 is a much more manageable size than the WS-12 lol.

I really like the IN-8s. Been using them for a couple hours nearly every day and I’m super happy with how they sound.

I was happy with the old speakers as well of course but these sound better in various positions and can definitely get louder and lower.

Damn. Subwoofer to desk ratio win! :p

I thought my 12" SVS SB-12NSD was overkill for nearfield :p

Here's mine:

View attachment 546246

The 43" center screen, Corsair 1000D case, and 100" (8ft 4" or 254cm) wide desk really do throw off the sense of scale...

I really should do something about the mess of cables under the desk...
The SVS is really nice too :D

My previous monoprice 10” studio sub was great for the money but the Kali is definitely better. It does take up a ton of space lol

Regarding the cable management - can you mount the power strips to the underside of your desk? Then you can just use zip ties, Velcro wraps, tech flex, or whatever :D

The SVS is really nice too :D

Thanks. I like it because it is sealed, which makes it fast and musical (but very inefficient, lol)

Regarding the cable management - can you mount the power strips to the underside of your desk? Then you can just use zip ties, Velcro wraps, tech flex, or whatever :D

I did something like that at my last house, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I actually used those coax cable holder nail things to attach a lot of stuff to the bottom of the desk. I could probably do better with zipties though!

I also don't want to get power and audio signals to close to eachother, but most of my signal path is balanced, so maybe I don't need to worry about that too much.

man my place is a dump. I'd need to clean up a bit before I ever posted a pic. haha

I almost bought one of those EVGA cases for my Dual Xeon back in 2017, even photoshopped my motherboard into it,

*SNIP*

And then when I was looking at it, it reminded me of a Sony TV so I did this,

*SNIP*
Lol, that last one is good. I honestly LOVED building in this case. Other then a couple QC issues with panel fitment (couple broken front and top push-tabs for the panels were broken from shipping) but EVGA's warranty/customer service for the win. I had replacement panels in 2-3 days, everything else went great.

I went from an older CoolerMaster Cosmos SE to this because I was tired of worrying if something would fit (the old 1080 cleared the hard drive cage by 2-3mm's, SO damn close)... classic overcorrection :D

Lol, that last one is good. I honestly LOVED building in this case. Other then a couple QC issues with panel fitment (couple broken front and top push-tabs for the panels were broken from shipping) but EVGA's warranty/customer service for the win. I had replacement panels in 2-3 days, everything else went great.

I went from an older CoolerMaster Cosmos SE to this because I was tired of worrying if something would fit (the old 1080 cleared the hard drive cage by 2-3mm's, SO damn close)... classic overcorrection :D
I ended up just getting a Corsair Air 740 for my main system and moved the parts from the Corsair Air 540 and then modded the Air 540 to accommodate the Dual Xeon.
The Air 740 pic is a recent pic, not from when I swapped it.
IMG_2365.JPEG IMG_1695.JPG

View attachment 548898
(The LED's are white behind the desk... they never photograph well)
View attachment 548899

View attachment 548900

Bonus pics of the retro setup right next door:

View attachment 548901

View attachment 548902

Controller stash:

View attachment 548903
I almost bought one of those EVGA cases for my Dual Xeon back in 2017, even photoshopped my motherboard into it,
View attachment 548906

And then when I was looking at it, it reminded me of a Sony TV so I did this,
View attachment 548907

How does that temperature display work in that case?

Zarathustra[H] Temp display is based off of a metal probe you can set up where-ever needed in the case:

20230213_224905[1].jpg

I put it there prior to the Lego riser, but either way, gives me a rough idea on temp inside the case at a glance.

Honestly... pretty useless, lol. Kinda funny though, I do see significant swings in that readout between summer temps and winter temps. I'm one that runs a cooler house in the summer (70*F) and I let the temps get low in Winter (63-64*F). I like to think they offset somewhat...

I usually dial up/down the case fans depending on the time of year (summer gets the K-Boost, 100%, and other times of the year get between 40-70% intake utilization, unless I forget to dial them down... like I have for months now :D )

6 intake fans, 2 are on the AIO Rad (top), 1 other up top, 3 on the front, and 2 exhaust fans out the back for 8 total fans. All non CPU-header fans are controlled through that front display unit that Zepher linked. I can control the intake and exhaust separately in 5% increments.

The 2 AIO 280's up top on the rad are on a Mobo-controlled curve, which I do have set pretty aggressive regardless of ambient (7700K in need of an upgrade... running at 4.8GHz).

EDIT: it's kind of funny you guys brought that little temp gauge/fan speed dial to my attention once again. The difference between 70% intake/exhaust and 100% is astounding! I can't unhear the silence I now have to deal with :p

Last edited:
Zepher , those dual Proc setups remind me of some of the sweet BOXX systems we have at work for Additive manufacturing simulation workloads. Just plain sick!

Except they do fit in a 4U :p

Got an Asus 4090 Strix Gaming OC to replace the Gigabyte 4090 since it ties in better with the white theme.
You had me jelly here, hehe.
I also plan to build white rig using case Asus Prime AP201 (white edition).
Already got Vortex VX9 Pro Mech Keyboard along with Vortex VX107 mouse.

The other part unfortunately are still not inline (PSU Corsair HX850, kingston fury beast 32gb kit 6000mhz, AIO Corsair H115i Pro), but Black & White build will be quite good TBH.

Black & White build will be quite good TBH.
That's how this build started, but it eventually went the way it did with the last "black" component being the Gigabyte 4090.

Back