Post Your Workstations 2023

https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/18-15...rn8uILMho7cySeJ63w0PvPjOEcXflrQY9REHShmKldTP0

I have some problem w/ yamaha design from a Yamaha blu-ray player I bought in Xmas, it has zero logic control. A Radio Shack CD player logic control is better than that player. In the end, I manage to refund it

Take a look at the above link, I have high hope for their Zelon technology, turns out, for US$25K, it's made in Indonesia. For that kind of $, it better be made in Japan

desk01.jpg

Might be the most simplistic setup of the bunch ha

- Sub is behind the monitor & I have a secondary display /w an arm but the current desk "does not like" the mounting rig

Update to the workstation here (no fancy lighting like you guys, but no idea why the white balance wound up so off. I might need to take another picture)

I banished the case (and the noise) and upgraded my side screens slightly:

View attachment 602250

I documented my build here.

Alright, as promised, cleaned up, and with proper white balance and a little of that oh-so-popular mood lighting this time.

Also, since last pic I switched from an Asus XG438Q as my center monitor to a 42" LG C3, which required a little rearranging.

As in previous pics, the PC itself is in another room using active extension cables for USB, DisplayPort and HDMI, so I never have to worry about the heat and can crank those fans and never have to worry about noise

desk_close_sml.jpg

desk_far_sml.jpg

Alright, as promised, cleaned up, and with proper white balance and a little of that oh-so-popular mood lighting this time.

Also, since last pic I switched from an Asus XG438Q as my center monitor to a 42" LG C3, which required a little rearranging.

As in previous pics, the PC itself is in another room using active extension cables for USB, DisplayPort and HDMI, so I never have to worry about the heat and can crank those fans and never have to worry about noise

View attachment 613708

View attachment 613709
I've always liked your setup. Looks so much better now that you've cleaned up everything. Are those different bookshelf speakers?

I've always liked your setup. Looks so much better now that you've cleaned up everything. Are those different bookshelf speakers?

Thank you!

Nah, they are the same RBH-41se's I've had for years. Or did you mean they look like they are different sizes?

That is probably just due to the wide angle lens on the phone skewing perspective.

Thank you!

Nah, they are the same RBH-41se's I've had for years. Or did you mean they look like they are different sizes?

That is probably just due to the wide angle lens on the phone skewing perspective.
I wondered if they were something other than your RBH-41se. They look smaller than I remember, but probably just the camera angle.

I wondered if they were something other than your RBH-41se. They look smaller than I remember, but probably just the camera angle.

I think it is in part the wide angle lens in the camera that distorts things, and in part the fact that the speakers are right next to my new side screens.

The center monitor before was a 43" Asus XG438Q, but now it is a 42" LG C3, so it is a tiny bit smaller. The side screens - however - used to be 20" 4:3 Dell 2007FP's in portrait. Now they are 24" 16:9 Dell U2412M's. They are about the same height as the old 2007FP's, but they are much wider (or with the screen rotated, much taller).

The side screens might also be throwing off the scale a bit. The speakers are rougly 11.5" tall, 6.75" wide and 9.5" deep.

Here is a side by side with larger and smaller side screens:

1700098522353.png

1700098532939.png

PXL_20231116_103644415.MP.jpg

Minor upgrade. My wifes work is moving to a much smaller office space and getting rid of some of the electronic stuffs. Ended up with 2 27in Acer monitors and a 22in Onn one(among with wall mounts, a needed for interviews webcam, and other photography related stuffs). Not sure on the 2 27in ones. But I may have fried the 22in monitor with the wrong power supply. I do need to play with the wall mounts to get them evened out and the main one placed closer to the wall. Also, guess the movie

Do you have bass shakers? I have two Dayton BST-1's, one mounted to my chair with another under my pedals and synced with SimHub. Next level stuff, it feels even more "connected" to the sim car. Next up is a wind kit.

Last edited:
Do you have bass shakers? I have two Dayton BST-1's, one mounted to my chair with another under my pedals and synced with SimHub. Next level stuff, it feels even more "connected" to the sim car. Next up is a wind kit.
I have not. Could you direct me to a full kit that is plug and play? I don’t know much about these things, but I’d love for it to freak out the lady friend that comes over to drive it.

To me, that would be worth it alone. Especially if I caught it on video.

These are the kits that I know of:

https://www.slip-angle.com/shaker-kit/p/4-corner-shaker-kit

https://thebuttkicker.com/collections/four-corners-kits

I have 2 of the shakers from the 1st kit. I spent about $140 for 2 and mounting stuff, I used an old AVR for the amp. It really helped me with trail braking and braking in general. I have mine setup for ABS and wheel slip for the one for the pedals, engine rumble and shifting on the seat one, both do road texture. With VR it's crazy. When I slam on the brakes and feel the shakers it tricks my brain into expecting the momentum from stopping and feels really weird when it doesn't happen.

The Buttkicker ones seem waaaaaay over priced.

Here's a review of the Slip Angle Kit:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TeXjtVxVvY

Same guy comparing them both:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fGA0jm29E

Last edited:

While I think this stretches the definition of a "worstation" a little, I am curious...

How are those controlled? Do they just use the audio channels, or is there an actual tactile feedback signal from the titles you can use?

How are those controlled? Do they just use the audio channels, or is there an actual tactile feedback signal from the titles you can use?

A lot of the racing games output telemetry data and SimHub picks it up and you can set it for various things. Even Gran Turismo 7 ouputs telemetry data over the network and it works with that! It does use a soundcard output to the bass shaker but it's not like subwoofer that filters out all sounds under 80hz or whatever (though they can be used that way). In SimHub you can change the frequency of the effects and which ones you want to use for what shaker. With a 7.1 soundcard you can have 8 channels of them for whatever effects you want. I'm using my motherboard analog out to an old AVR but I only use 2 channels. I've seen some crazier setups use 4 shakers, one for each tire and then a few more in the seat and they each are tuned to specific effects. The shifting clunk actually feels like a clunk and you can feel hitting a curb. I can judge braking much easier due to ABS kicking in and how that feels. They seem like giant rumble things from controllers but it feels kinda more like the DualSense with the haptic stuff than regular rumble. SimHub can do things like control fans for sense of speed. You can also hook up a Hue light and it will sync the colors on a specific area like the dashboard to simulate the sun hitting the dash. There's also external monitors for basically dashboard data, kinda like system monitor LCD's in cases but for sims. I think it'll work with DIY motion platforms too.

https://www.simhubdash.com/

It's free but if you donate the software refresh rate is at 60hz instead of 10hz. I donated. I wish other games output data like that for shaker use. That would be amazing. I added a BST-1 to my chair with a VESA monitor pole clamp mount so I didn't have to actually modify my chair. They have the exact same hole mount as 100 x 100 VESA so it was easy.

20231028_122727.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure I'd get the bass shakers, but once I sell my condo, and buy a house, I will do my wire job really nicely since I dont plan on moving ever again..

I dont just SIM race on this setup. I added the 49" G9 for SIM racing, and the 43" Aorus 4k for reclining the seat in the cockpit and using a controller.

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

Back