Post Your Workstations 2015

IMG_1107_zps7d3b9545.jpg
[/URL]

i remember seeing your setup a while ago and i thought it looked nice. i honestly like it better than the door. regarding the wires - have you seen the wire trays they sell at ikea? they will fix your problem for cheap. i think they are 5-10 each and you'd probably need 3-4 of them.

i remember seeing your setup a while ago and i thought it looked nice. i honestly like it better than the door. regarding the wires - have you seen the wire trays they sell at ikea? they will fix your problem for cheap. i think they are 5-10 each and you'd probably need 3-4 of them.
I noticed those trays on your big beautiful Galant set up in the Show Your LCDs thread. They look like the perfect solution. I've not found them on their website. Probably will need to head down to the Atlanta store. Thanks!! And, you're right. The Galant is a lot better than the door desk. Glad I came to my senses before the door collapsed. :p

Last edited:
I noticed those trays on your big beautiful Galant set up in the Show Your LCDs thread. They look like the perfect solution. I've not found them on their website. Probably will need to head down to the Atlanta store. Thanks!! And, you're right. The Galant is a lot better than the door desk. Glad I came to my senses before the door collapsed. :p

i have a couple of these and they work well. i don't see the semi enclosed trays like they used to have though.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/16195/

IMAG0761_zpsdnrqw68j.jpg

not impressed with the ergtech mount - even with thin ROG Swifts, the "supports up to 27in" monitors" is laughable.

and now I'm going to need a bigger desk.....after the Galant has been discontinued :(

and now I'm going to need a bigger desk.....after the Galant has been discontinued :(

Bulding your own is a lot of fun - but if you want to do it right you want to approach it with a reckless disregard for cost :)

Bulding your own is a lot of fun - but if you want to do it right you want to approach it with a reckless disregard for cost :)

I keep juggling the idea

but I hate working with wood. Probably from early childhood experiences of helping my dad. I hate self-tapping wood screws. I've always seem them eventually pop themselves out under stress. and then worrying about the texture

I build stuff with aluminum at work, so I'm just so used to carefully measuring, drilling, and tapping threads - and knowing that it will be 100% solid when all done....but obviously for a home project, that's expensive

sigh, idk.....I have too many expensive hobbies :(

Bought a Xbox360 wireless gamepad and a cradle for my Moto G. I think my workstation is pretty much finished for 2015. :)

16411924320_1f1a750c54_c.jpg

16598341802_3c0a9e7075_c.jpg

16597778121_defaa63ecc_c.jpg

15979177113_bb1453c18a_c.jpg

DRCoYPV.jpg

Wire management is on my to-do list. Have everything ready, but I keep getting distracted.

IMG_0145.jpg

My humble jumble. :D
Speakers currently unused (don't have an amp/receiver, my phone drives them better than my mb's sound card), TV screen is actually a lot brighter than this (too bright imo, though I don't normally sit that close), it just looks darker because I took it with flash on and the shutter set to 1/100th of a second, all lights off and none from outside. :eek:

Edit: an impressive flash...caught the reflection of my wii-mote from off of my dusty TV stand. o_o

DSC01597.jpg

I got to get some cable management system going. "Spaghetti chaos" behind my monitors and desk.

have 3..

my setup at the office:

WP_20150302_13_23_57_Pro_zpswrudbs0g.jpg

at the site, a LNG off-shore processing plant

WP_20150303_13_51_01_Pro_zpswx1bdxs1.jpg

and this is my home setup:

WP_20150302_21_47_38_Pro_zpstwoir1ll.jpg

Cooler Master Elite 130
Pentium Dual-Core G3220 3.0GHz
Asus H81L-Plus LGA 1150 Intel MINI-ITX Motherboard
16GB G.Skill Sniper Gamer 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
1TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
Power Color AMD Radeon 7850 w/2GB Video Card
Corsair CXM Series CX500M 500 ATX Power Supply

P3020282_zpswybl6a26.jpg
P3020284_zpssnphihcr.jpg
P3020285_zpsfdwi67bm.jpg

P3020288_zpsboray55a.jpg
P3020288_zpsboray55a.jpg.html

Under construction.
Waiting on two more 27" displays then I can start cable management again. The cables you see in the picture are too short and have since been removed. Ordering new cables this weekend.

Very nice s[H]ady. How are your windows setup since the third monitor does not have taskbar?

Because my triple display mount will only support up to three 27" displays. If your wondering about resolution, I didn't want a display with built in speakers, USB hubs or any extra "features". I just wanted a display, plain and simple and the price was good. I couldn't spend all of my money on displays when I have a computer to build.

Because my triple display mount will only support up to three 27" displays. If your wondering about resolution, I didn't want a display with built in speakers, USB hubs or any extra "features". I just wanted a display, plain and simple and the price was good. I couldn't spend all of my money on displays when I have a computer to build.

I meant why not get some 1440p or higher displays?

But I gotcha, still have a monster to build :D

I meant why not get some 1440p or higher displays?

But I gotcha, still have a monster to build :D

Which displays have you seen? I'd like to know what else might be out there. The Dell's weren't that expensive ($250 each). I've seen better displays but they were expensive and some weren't VESA mountable. The only thing I would've liked is for the Dell's to have a thinner bezel.

Which displays have you seen? I'd like to know what else might be out there. The Dell's weren't that expensive ($250 each). I've seen better displays but they were expensive and some weren't VESA mountable. The only thing I would've liked is for the Dell's to have a thinner bezel.

Yeah, the ones I was thinking of are double what you paid..

The bezel are almost non-existent though!

25" or 27"

The 27" Ultrasharp is one display I was looking at but the price was more than I wanted to spend. I'm happy to report that two of my 27" displays have no dead/stuck pixels (one has a pixel that looks like it may be dead/stuck). I'm going to double check the other displays. Seeing that I do not have a main PC to connect them to, I tested each one on my 2013 13" Macbook Air.

Last edited:
Back