Post Your Workstations 2014

this is mine
2dnbwn.jpg

wow that case is AMAZING. I looked it up though and am not willing to spend 900$ on a case lol.

awesome though.

The build quality is insane though (sheet metal is freakin 4mm thick), they went all out so IMO it really is worth the money.

From my perspective I would rather spend more on a case that will last me many years vs an expensive video card setup like an nvidia Titan or an Intel "extreme" CPU that will be completely outdated 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Spare bedroom in my apt/my computer room.

Server rig.. little Dell Optiplex 740.

I think I'm mostly done - ended up liking my quickfire TK much more than I thought

IMAG0628_zpsojpteuqp.jpg

IMAG0629_zpsjaq8ndno.jpg

will take better pics when the sun is up

nice dust free setups!
my setup has so much dust. I have to clean it daily! does that happen to anyone else?

Last edited:
nice dust free setups!
my setup has so much dust. I have to clean it daily! does that happen to anyone else?

Yes, although in my case it's made much worse by the addition of cat hair.
I bought one of these microfiber dusters from Amazon, and picked up a couple of the extra "duster" parts at the same time. Works better than the little swiffer dusters, and less waste. Just wash the duster parts when they get dirty.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Very nice Exyia!

Would like to see the pics in normal light when you get a chance.

nice dust free setups!

Mines still pretty dusty but if I didn't have the little filters built into my case, the inside of it would look like hell. :eek:

wow that case is AMAZING. I looked it up though and am not willing to spend 900$ on a case lol.

awesome though.

900$ case sitting on a $60 wobbly Ikea table lol (I have the same Ikea table and I hate it, thing shakes like San Francisco during an earthquake with the slightest touch).

900$ case sitting on a $60 wobbly Ikea table lol (I have the same Ikea table and I hate it, thing shakes like San Francisco during an earthquake with the slightest touch).

meh ... until i find a desk I like this will do ... propped it against the wall with some thick foam ... helps a lot with the wobble

hey If it was an Apple table (iTable if you will ;)) this would be a feature

nice dust free setups!

I just noticed recently...

if you have a ceiling fan that you leave on - it does amazing things in spreading dust around on your desk - I started noticing how I would wipe away all the dust and I would see it being blown back in a few hours....not sure if I want to sacrifice the breeze though lol

Very nice Exyia!

Would like to see the pics in normal light when you get a chance.

hard to get a pic of the rig - so many monitors keep reflecting off the window lol
IMAG0638_zpshlwmlkds.jpg

IMAG0637_zpstp5ufzgk.jpg

IMAG0636_zps8jdwrpah.jpg

IMAG0635_zpspdco2twq.jpg

IMAG0633_zpsdwo0qi9n.jpg

hard to photograph because all the light from the monitors keeps confusing my dinky phone's aperture

Sometimes I wonder do i have enough stereo equip and speakers in here? the answer is probably...

This is my setup for the moment. ^^

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3944/15584258285_e7aa2de336_b.jpg[/img]

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5612/14963541564_528d37be42_b.jpg[/img]

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3940/15398165828_e6a487ca63_b.jpg[/img]

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3953/15398130238_a3959e936b_b.jpg[/img]

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5613/15585086782_1d95836e2a_b.jpg[/img]

My custom NAS :D
]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/15398227487_4afa7fe94a_b.jpg[/img]​

Very nice! I would love to use a G5 case to build a system in. What are your specs?

Very nice! Your setup is begging for a third Asus monitor on the right!

I only use the left monitor(1920x1080) for my consols and the one in the middle(3840x2160) is for my PC. I don't need multiple monitor in my tasks on the pc... Sure it looks cool 3 monitors but I don'T really need it. :p

Very nice! I would love to use a G5 case to build a system in. What are your specs?

Note that the G5 is only my NAS :p

2x2tb WD green drive
AMD sempron 145
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 REV 5.0
Corsair XMS3 2GB
Corsair CX430m

15218875769_ccb301bf70_b.jpg

and my gaming rig:

-Intel 4670K
-Mushkin 2x4gb 1600Mhx 9-9-9-24
-Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
-Galaxy Nvidia GTX 660ti
-PSU Corsair RM650
-SSD Kingston HyperX 3K120gb
-Adata 128gb SSD SX900

13934183702_f3a631025a_b.jpg

13957443613_0809eaac85_b.jpg

I don't need multiple monitor in my tasks on the pc... Sure it looks cool 3 monitors but I don'T really need it. :p

I don't understand that word... "need" ...? Must be ancient Greek..?

Currently typing on one of my three Dell U3011s.

Joking aside, very nice setup indeed.

Last edited:
The build quality is insane though (sheet metal is freakin 4mm thick), they went all out so IMO it really is worth the money.

From my perspective I would rather spend more on a case that will last me many years vs an expensive video card setup like an nvidia Titan or an Intel "extreme" CPU that will be completely outdated 2-3 years.
That's a great point there and it's really about your own preference.
That is a beautiful awsome :D hand fold custom in win case!

But for $900.00:eek:...I personally see a few flaws in that case and I personally change between cases about every 3-6 years depending on the case.

Again that's a beautiful case no doubt :D

nice dust free setups!
Nope!...I keep my setup covered! :D One would think I clean every single day or like a few people do, clean up just to take a picture to post it up.

Yeah I go through the whole taking off both large blankets when I get on my setup and putting it back when I'm completely done for the day :D it works for me.

When I clean up around the apartment I notice the dust :mad:, and we do our best to keep it clean, but the dust just keeps coming plus we have 2 cats in the family.

Again if it wasn't for the blankets, when it comes to my setup I have very,very, if not hardly any dust around especially on my gaming Rig! :D

15218875769_ccb301bf70_b.jpg

Well done on the cabling. I'm always a little envious when this is done right. My first cable usually looks great... by the time I get to the last one its a matter of "wherever it fits".

Wow is thread lacking this year. Last year we had 54 pages by this date. 2009 had 175 pages.

I just don't change my setup that often.... feels silly posting if everything but the GPUs are the same.

Do you really buy a whole new workstation every year, including monitors etc?

Wow is thread lacking this year. Last year we had 54 pages by this date. 2009 had 175 pages.
I noticed the same thing. And a good number of the posts here don't show the person's workstation, just their computer. Maybe the 2015 thread will mention that we're looking for the first definition, not the second:

Merriam-Webster said:
work·sta·tion noun \-ˌstā-shən\
: an area that has the equipment needed for one person to do a particular job

: a computer that is connected to a computer network

That being said, there are some pretty rigs in here!

The amount of booze on your desk for goat simulator is appropriate and awesome :)

Hey, what flight game is that? Is it the generically titled "Flight Simulator"? Been looking for an appropriate title for my triple screen goodness.

I only use the left monitor(1920x1080) for my consols and the one in the middle(3840x2160) is for my PC. I don't need multiple monitor in my tasks on the pc... Sure it looks cool 3 monitors but I don'T really need it. :p

and my gaming rig:

-Intel 4670K
-Mushkin 2x4gb 1600Mhx 9-9-9-24
-Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
-Galaxy Nvidia GTX 660ti
-PSU Corsair RM650
-SSD Kingston HyperX 3K120gb
-Adata 128gb SSD SX900

13934183702_f3a631025a_b.jpg

13957443613_0809eaac85_b.jpg

Godamn that is sexy! :cool: