Post Your Workstations 2014

*snip*

Pictured
*snip*
32" Sony 1080P LED HDTV (KDL-32W650A)
Sony PlayStation 4
*snip*

Hey jedolley, how do you like that TV? I'm in the market and Sony makes some of the lowest response time units out there. Do you notice any lag? Anything else you'd say I should consider?

After much work I finally got my office to a place that I feel like I can share.

Very simple for my needs
20140407_164443.jpg

Last edited:
err, um, I'm glad you want to share. What is it that you want to share?

Im loving the way this looks, what did you use for the backlight? Im assuming just some sort of white cold cathode tubes or an led strip of lights?

Does the backlight help with eye strain while watching movies in the dark?
As I sit in front of a computer 25 hours a day Im looking for ways to help lessen the strain on my eyes.
Plus it just looks so damn badass! :cool:

I will be buying a nice big flat LED TV in the next few months and have toyed with the idea of something like this.

The lighting is led strips that I got from Ikea. The wires go through the wall to a surge protector that comes with a wireless remote. So I can turn on the lights from anywhere in the room.

Yes, it helps with eye strain. I have no problem watching movies with the light on. Doesn't bother me at all. I have these lights on 80% of the time in my room, because its just the right amount of light. Which is a plus because my eyes are sensitive to light.

Last edited:
The lighting is led strips that I got from Ikea. The wires go through the wall to a surge protector that comes with a wireless remote. So I can turn on the lights from anywhere in the room.

Yes, it helps with eye strain. I have no problem watching movies with the light on. Doesn't bother me at all. I have these lights on 80% of the time in my room, because its just the right amount of light. Which is a plus because my eyes are sensitive to light.

Such a good idea. I've been feeling eye strain-y lately, might have to pick some of these up.

Love this case, I have a mac pro case that I have been working on gutting. Did you have to put in a motherboard tray?

Love this case, I have a mac pro case that I have been working on gutting. Did you have to put in a motherboard tray?

Thanks man. I always wanted to mod one, especially since using the original Powermac G5's during college. Yeah, the motherboard tray is plexiglass and it utilizes the existing stand-offs used by the logicboard, but u can't tell from this pic. There was a guy in the tonymacosx86 forum who advised me of a company called Laser Hive from the UK that makes mod kits specifically for ur chassis. It was easy to install. I left a link so u can look for urself. Let me know when u want to order one. I have both Windows and OS X on my system. Here's the back and front of the the chasis:
13938161272_93ac048c59_b_d.jpg

13938179472_b9d5828857_b_d.jpg

Here's my worklog I had copied from the tonymacosx86 forum here.

Simple build for gaming & vmware.
CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz @ 1.2v
Cooler: Corsair H80
Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR3 Crucial 1600
Vid: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC Reference
PSU: Seasonic G-650
HDD: 500GB for OS, 2TB for storage, 240GB Crucial M500 SSD for guest OS (and some frequently played games :D)
Case: Corsair 200R
Monitor: HP ZR2740w
Speakers: Pioneer BS-21
Amp: Onkyo TX-8255
Sound card: Creative X-Fi HD USB
IMG_20140422_205759.jpg

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

Simple build for gaming & vmware.
CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz @ 1.2v
Cooler: Corsair H80
Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR3 Crucial 1600
Vid: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC Reference
PSU: Seasonic G-650
HDD: 500GB for OS, 2TB for storage, 240GB Crucial M500 SSD for guest OS (and some frequently played games :D)
Case: Corsair 200R
Monitor: HP ZR2740w
Speakers: Pioneer BS-21
Amp: Onkyo TX-8255
Sound card: Creative X-Fi HD USB
Hey what motherboard are u using?

Word. I allow myself $25/month towards my "hobby money." You can imagine how painful it is saving up an entire year for a GPU or a monitor. But I would rather do that than be buried in debt all the time.

Debt...? Wait, do people actually take out loans to buy computer parts?
Last time I did that was borrowing a couple of hundred off my mum and the next day I was hit with a $430 speeding fine.

...never again.

Debt...? Wait, do people actually take out loans to buy computer parts?
Last time I did that was borrowing a couple of hundred off my mum and the next day I was hit with a $430 speeding fine.

...never again.
I think a terrifying number of people buy things they can't afford using credit cards that they don't pay off in full every month. Hey, if they want to waste 10-30% a year on interest, that's their problem. (And probably why they can't afford it in the first place.)

And it's not just the direct interest from the card(s). It seems like many, even most people do not realize how carrying a high utilization ratio effects future and current interest rates on loans and cards. Even employment opportunities can be effected.

http://i61.tinypic.com/x3v4t2.png
Still rocking that ol' beaut of a case.

I've got it's big brother for my media server. All my cases are Lian Li, but I love that one the most. Nice, clean setup. What's the little CRT TV for?

I love my v1000, only issue I have with it is the front USB ports are 1.1!

Cable management isn't stellar, but it's still do able. I've gotta take a dremel for a CPU backplate cutout on the mobo tray so I may cut a couple slots here and there for better wiring while Im at it.

I foresee myself using this case for a whole lot longer :)

Thanks! Definitely Jedi. I like the two new Star Trek movies, but I could never get into the older movies/TV series.

Thanks all! The center two monitors are mounted with Monoprice low-profile wall-mounts. The two side monitors are mounted to the desk with atdec VF-AT arms.

Love the collection!

And props to having the guts to mount the B-Wing that way. I have that model as well, and it is far from the most stable model. But I love the look of having its primary airfoil float without a surface underneath as it removes some of the awkwardness of that ship as a display piece.

All he needs now is a real life functioning light saber, then his collection will be uber complete. :D

Nice setup, love the organization.

2nd'd on that organization. I really like the pc up and out of the way on that ledge below the desk. Nice and clean! (Star Wars stuff is nice too... :D )

Same hardware for the most part except a couple minor changes, different desk

Specs in sig

210c235.jpg

Last edited:
^ What's the role of each computer if you don't mind my asking, Razor? I'm curious.

Back