Post Your Workstations 2013

I introduce myself, I'm from Uruguay, South America ...
Sorry for my bad English, I use google translator ...

This is my "Batcave", I get a good time putting it together ...:

uGgVWj3.jpg

DuYMCZg.jpg

tNRBQeq.jpg

dQKAg5A.jpg

Details of the armed ...:

526t19o.jpg

Power supply ..

q3OZzaw.jpg

HA1W0So.jpg

7LDdAE3.jpg

Assembling the shelves ...

I hope you like ... ;)

Jajajahhh ... that's a ceramic figure, a kind of elf kind, gift from my lady, as I like to collect action figures ...

Here are some more ...:

nn3FpS7.jpg

My diorama of Terminator ...

Qjsva4D.jpg

unconditional ... I'm a fan of Batman ...

xNZeV.jpg

one of the first ... more or less good figures I had, an Alien from Alien Resurrection ...

DKgLJFL.jpg

... my last acquisition, buy it last night, Marcus Fenix ​​from Gears of Wars, for years I wanted to have it!

... but oddly enough, my greatest pride is a figurine of Mac Donalds a very faithful representation of Fantasia Mickey, I can see partially in the second picture ...

As for what I want to achieve in the near future, of videogames Hitman and Cheff of Halo, and then arm myself complete a diorama good Batman ...

The issue in my country is very difficult to get this kind of figures, and out quite expensive, so I work hard enough pursuing this hobby, and trying not to spend much money to get an idea average spend about $ 10 / 20, the most expensive was Marcus that cost me U.S. $ 110 ...

@ erededos
What Wallpaper/Widget/... is that Clock on your Netbook in one of the picutres?

The "work" workstation!
20130421_224131.jpg

Note the wallboard in the back
20130421_224144.jpg

Will try to post the "home" workstation another time.

Last edited:
Did I see a ZX(that is pronounced zed ex not zee ex) Spectrum +2 micro there?

Exactly ... It is a ZX Spectrum +3 128k, which launched the latest version of this homecomputer Amstrad ...

It has its own rgb monitor, mouse (... yes, believe it or not), and external floppy 5 1/4 ... Then I'll do a proper place special ...

And this working 100% ...

drommel you manage a power grid? awesome station! too many screens for 2 eyes tbh :D

Yep! The workstations there are pretty crazy. We have three of those wall boards on our side of the room - the other side also has three.

Just got my new work laptop. There's no going back to the old anymore, that screen is just amazing. Makes my old 15" MBP look like cheap toy. Doing file transfering in this pic.

_DSC0033.jpg

It is thin and small...

_DSC0030.jpg

And with the resolution hack it's able to do the actual 2560x1600 res, or 1920x1200 which it is in this picture. Works incredibly well with Serato.

_DSC0032.jpg

Last edited:
first post from a lurker. sorry about phone pictures/video. also, wire management will come after I finishing saving up for build and a set of 2007fp's. Monitor is 3007wfp-hc that I got at a steal on CL for $300 in original box with a few spare USB video adapters. I'm still waiting on my Kanex C30 to come in the mail to run it at full res.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

desk lights look better in person than in iPhone vid
http://youtu.be/DyqJmpnOmAQ

Last edited:
...I just got it. the active mini display port adapter will be here Thursday.

Oh, okay. That explains it. 3007WFP-HC doesn't have DisplayPort? I mean, the mini-displayport->displayport cable will cost like $15, instead of expensive mini-displayport->dual-link-DVI adapter...

Oh, okay. That explains it. 3007WFP-HC doesn't have DisplayPort? I mean, the mini-displayport->displayport cable will cost like $15, instead of expensive mini-displayport->dual-link-DVI adapter...

no, it has no on-board scaler and has a single dual-link DVI input. The $15 cables won't work for full 2560 X 1600. I read some crummy reviews about the Apple adapter and went with the Kanex instead. It was $74.99 shipped I believe.

Yes they will, as long as you actually use them for DisplayPort data. But $15 MiniDP->DVI cable won't work because it isn't dual link. I guess dual link DVI adapters need to be active, but in case of MiniDP -> DisplayPort you'll be just fine with the $15 cable -- at least it worked fine in my setup.

Yes they will, as long as you actually use them for DisplayPort data. But $15 MiniDP->DVI cable won't work because it isn't dual link. I guess dual link DVI adapters need to be active, but in case of MiniDP -> DisplayPort you'll be just fine with the $15 cable -- at least it worked fine in my setup.

I have no use for a miniDP -> DP as the monitor only has a dual-link DVI input.

Yeah, ofc you don't have. I thought you were saying the $15 MiniDP-DP cables won't do that res, but obviously you were talking about the cheap DVI adapters. Sorry for that.

i always pick up my computer room before i leave it for the night and do a real cleaning once a week...

Moved my Work Laptop above my Monitors to clear up some Desk Space.

Still need to reroute some Cords

2013-04-24

DAM people clean there room often huh? LOL
Never know when you'll want some Ketchup with your Cocoa Pebbles! 420

Solid setup though, I like the Mackies although with three LCDs set up like that it's hard to move the speakers into a position that I think I'd prefer for a 2channel set up.

first post from a lurker. sorry about phone pictures/video. also, wire management will come after I finishing saving up for build and a set of 2007fp's. Monitor is 3007wfp-hc that I got at a steal on CL for $300 in original box with a few spare USB video adapters. I'm still waiting on my Kanex C30 to come in the mail to run it at full res.

Snip...

desk lights look better in person than in iPhone vid
http://youtu.be/DyqJmpnOmAQ

I'd get tired of those lights pretty fast. Cool shit otherwise.

Never know when you'll want some Ketchup with your Cocoa Pebbles! 420

Solid setup though, I like the Mackies although with three LCDs set up like that it's hard to move the speakers into a position that I think I'd prefer for a 2channel set up.

Yea those speakers were bigger than i thought. I had the older mackie hr624s and didnt think the 824s were gonna be this big. Sounds are amazing tho lol.
Ketchup and cocoa LMAO. 420
This was my first somewhat of a setup with monitors. So far OKAY!

What's CL?

and how come you use drape and blinds? You only need blinds

I'd get tired of those lights pretty fast. Cool shit otherwise.
They aren't too bad when I dim them down to the lowest setting and turn off the fading. My entire desk glows more evenly than the pictures show so its a nice ambient light source when I'm working late at night.

What's CL?

and how come you use drape and blinds? You only need blinds

The blinds don't keep out nearly enough light alone. I eventually want to pick up a projector for watching movies so they will come in good for that. It does get fairly hot here in the summer as well.

Back