Post Your Workstations 2013

:D Touche. When I can afford that, I will.

I have a 30 and a 24 and its great, I cant imagine 3 30s. I mean the big problem is having to upgrade 3 graphics cards and not just one (if you want to game on all 3 that is)

i win

HPIM2135.jpg

Win? Dustiest setup award?

I was thinking the same thing. That dust would make my mind melt. I literally couldn't sleep until it was cleaned.

You should also connect your PC to a proper monitor, how do you even play on the ground like that?

Here's my corner for the year:

Datanurkka2013.jpg

A little messy here and there, but I can live with it.

I have to say this: You have godly taste in aesthetics. The wrist rest isn't my kind of thing but seriously your entire setup is god-tier.

Also: Nice speakers & cans.

My little workstation

MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7 8GB ram
ThinkPad x220s

setup.jpg

Last edited:
First the specs [Wish Intel would release an 8 core processor which could be overclocked]:
Intel 980x 4.2GHZ (Water Cooled)
AMD MSI 6970HD
512G Vector
150GB WD Raptor (boot recovery)
5.4Gb Raid6
3Ware 9690SA RAID controller
4 24" monitors
- 2 Dell U2413
- 1 Dell 204FWP
- 1 HP LP2475w
2 LG 12x Blu-ray Burners WH14NS40
1 DVD Burner Lite-On iHAS124B
Space Pilot
Saitek Commander

Now that sounds reasonable basic, but what make it unique is it is actually made up of 2 parts, the Primary case in the basement And a HTPC case located in the Study
Case Internal
Case External
Connections lines to Study
In coming lines in Study
Now the real issue here is lengths of cables, (SATA and USB are limited to 6 feet, so they have to be close together, but it works as the HTPC case has two 4 port USB 3.0 hubs and 2 Blu-ray Burners, as well as a card reader. I then run 2 more USB buses (on 2 of the monitors) from these. Connected between the 2 cases is a RCA audio cable which I use as 2 pairs, the first pair (white), transfers the power button from the upper case to main case, to turn on the main PC. The second cable (red) is connected to a relay on the 12v lead and when powered on, creates a connection to turn the PW on the HTPC case in teh study. A little complex, but it means no noise from the PC when in operation and no heat as well.

Lastly I have 4 24" monitors all mounted on the wall (to reduce desk space) and a custom desk designed to appear to float off the wall as well.

Setup Study1
Setup Study2

I hope this provides readers with yet another way to think about computer design, as its not what you can (light and all) that always matter but what you can not see or hear. You have no idea how nice a completely silent setup is until you have it.

ERIC

I hope this provides readers with yet another way to think about computer design, as its not what you can (light and all) that always matter but what you can not see or hear. You have no idea how nice a completely silent setup is until you have it.

Awesome setup! You should have embedded your pictures instead of just linking to them as the setup is that good IMHO. The "wall mounted" desk in your study was a nice DIY job.

When our 2nd son was born I had to move my office to the basement so we could setup that bedroom as a guest room, it's now my wife's office and guest room as she is working from home now. My desk wouldn't fit with the bed in there so I got put in the basement. I'm in a storage area that is right outside of my workshop and as you can see from the skates it's still a bit of a storage room.

U9XCm4X.jpg

f9X6wTJ.jpg

When our 2nd son was born I had to move my office to the basement so we could setup that bedroom as a guest room, it's now my wife's office and guest room as she is working from home now. My desk wouldn't fit with the bed in there so I got put in the basement. I'm in a storage area that is right outside of my workshop and as you can see from the skates it's still a bit of a storage room.

http://i.imgur.com/U9XCm4X.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f9X6wTJ.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

I'd present her with a cost benefit analysis of getting rid of the guest room, and you moving up there. Assuming you'd like it there, and you don't use the guest room more than a few times a year.

I like it down here, I can play music and games without worrying about waking the kids up. Plus it's a good setup for her when she works because our kids play in the basement.

I've got a mancave right across the hall in the basement as well. Basically the whole basement is for me and the kids.

Setup Study1
Setup Study2

ERIC

Which wall mounts are you using? Do they allow for any height adjustment or no?

I want to buy a few of these from Monoprice but they have been out of stock forever. Were first supposed to be back in 2/9 and then date was moved to 3/1.

Last edited:

I want to buy a few of these from Monoprice but they have been out of stock forever. Were first supposed to be back in 2/9 and then date was moved to 3/1.

Ah yes, monoprice histograms are without equal.

Ihave 4 of these: 3 Way Adjustable Tilting Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED (Max 33Lbs, 10~25inch)

Not the best mounts of all times, but for the price hard to match. They do adjust (by 3.5 inches), which was enough to get everything squared away, so long as you plan ahead.

Here's mine. I will re-post again once I manage to move to a new place....hopefully. :)

10595444.jpg

Here's mine. I will re-post again once I manage to move to a new place....hopefully. :)
That's a sweet looking setup :D and I see some nice Grado headphones there as well :cool:
I always like my SR-60 headphones...but those don't really compare...

Looks like my turn. Fitting my first post should be in my favorite thread series!

Higher quality album is available on my Picasa web album.

O0jRbhVl.jpg

me8Gnsxl.jpg

ioUIRvrl.jpg

K2fiQQil.jpg

ogx5T23l.jpg

wpMvWmYl.jpg

gNdFbJpl.jpg

SOmVVGNl.jpg

XhpN13Wl.jpg

EKsgN7il.jpg

Main PC Stats
  • ASUS Rampage IV Gene
  • Intel Core i7 3930K
  • 4x8gB G.SKILL Trident X Series PC3 19200
  • 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 120gB
  • 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4gB
  • 3x Dell UltraSharp U2412M
  • Fractal Design Arc Mini
  • Corsair AX850

Other stuff on desk
  • 1993-11-24 Lexmark/IBM Model M
  • Sony MDR-NC7 headphones w/ USB sound dongle
  • Motorola S305 bluetooth headphones
  • Philips 60w 2.0 desk speakers
  • 2tB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk
  • Motorola TN30
  • Aluratek 2.3/3.5 SATA Dock
  • Misc 3.5 SATA internal drives
  • iPad 3
  • Blue Yeti
  • Panasonic Toughbook CF-19
  • Avaya 4610SW
  • Fujitsu Lifebook U810
  • Cisco ATA 186
  • Samsung SPF-83V photo frame
  • Logitech C310 webcam
  • Panasonic BL-C101 IP camera
  • NETGEAR WNDAP350 access point
  • NETGEAR GS110TP desktop POE/10gB switch

Nice job siigna. How do the 4gb cards hold up at that res?

Mostly I use the triple monitor setup for the sheer screen real estate. Gaming is usually on the center monitor in SLI mode. I'll swap over to surround mode for things like Need for Speed or Skyrim, it's amazing to say the least. Skyrim+mods+surround will definitely drop the framerates but still more than playable.

Back