Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_4501pp.sized.jpg

I did some updating of my rig, mostly internal changes (Q6600 -> i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz) etc, full post with some monitor changes will be posted in the 2012 thread :p

...[pic snip]...
I did some updating of my rig, mostly internal changes (Q6600 -> i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz) etc, full post with some monitor changes will be posted in the 2012 thread :p
Are you making a new year's resolution for cable management? ;) Kidding. Nice machine :)

Probably wouldnt hurt, but the cable 'mess' is mostly not in the way of airflow.

The fan cable/molex mess by the SATA ports irritate me quite a bit, but I can't avoid it unless I want to make a custom fan harness, I'm running a kama bay with a nexus in the 5.25" bays, another nexus in the regular front position, and the kama 800rpm fan behind the harddrives, all hooked up to the same fan header on the mobo... Nexus makes this kind of setup really easy with the molex + 3pin cables :D

Open HW monitor screenshot from playing some BF3

That's a brilliant idea. Look for this in my workstation 2012 post ;)

Thanks. The room is pretty small (I'm a student living at home, tuition is expensive enough without the cost of housing :D). In terms of space efficiency, price, and design I don't think you can do much better.

These may better be glued together as both the legs and the table top don't have much more than paper honeycomb beneath the wood veneer.

It has held up fine so far. I considered glue, but the veneer on top is an extremely smooth single sheet, so even if I was able to sand without causing hairline cracks/fractures I can't imagine the bond will be very good.

At one point the entire thing was almost filled to the brim with blade servers, and I was able to lift from the 2nd table from the top with no damage. For heat and noise reasons that stuff has been moved to the basement.

Here's my latest update (the Red Wings jersey was a Christmas gift). Dirt 3 with the G27 is too much fun! Merry Christmas everybody!
DSC01176.jpg

how much did the g27 run u? did it come with pedals?

You can get one for $300.. Less on ebay and it comes with the pedals and shifter.

My first recommendation after you get it. Put a real sized steering wheel on it. Comes with an 11".. Mine is 13.5"

fVpp7.jpg

You can get one for $300.. Less on ebay and it comes with the pedals and shifter.

My first recommendation after you get it. Put a real sized steering wheel on it. Comes with an 11".. Mine is 13.5"

]http://i.imgur.com/fVpp7.jpg]

Wow, didn't know you could replace the steering wheel. Is it hard to do?

Just completing man cave overhaul and holiday purchase installations. Getting ready for "2012 thread" :)

Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.54.24.png
Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.47.13.png

Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.48.02.png
Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.48.59.png

Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.52.30.png
Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.50.29.png

Screenshot-2011-12-26_21.51.35.png

So how many "Post your workstation 2012" posts will be closed this year before an official one is created? :)

So how many "Post your workstation 2012" posts will be closed this year before an official one is created? :)

I'm amazed I haven't seen one yet. I don't get people who think thay are popular or important just because their fake identity on the web houses a thread with a lot of computer pictures. But whatever, I'll post my setup once one is started, hopefully by a Mod or Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back