Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, StatutoryApe -- any chance you can talk more about your experience with the Cintiq? More pics too.

Here is my setup! :D

b1dbb555.jpg

ebf07dc2.jpg

I love to see how other people uses Apple Keyboards for Windows setups. :) It's comfortable, yes? :D

Am, you need cable management.

btw, MW3 is sh**. :)

Yeah the keyboard is nice! I want an Apple computer but I can't have 2 computers at the same time... Useless for me and I want to keep a Windows PC for many reasons.

Do you talk about the cables under the desk? lol I agree with you but I will wait my next apartment in few months.

Personnaly I'm not a big fan of MW3, I prefer Black Ops but I'm not a big gamer of COD games.

Home made table in MDF. 8x2.5 feets.

Do you a link to your build or possibly any more pictures? We (my girlfriend and I) are thinking of doing the same thing but trying to figure out several things (best way from preventing sag ofr a 8ft long desk, have two MDF on top for something sturdy, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Setup at my apartment, needs speakers, lol (surround set is by the tv).
desk.jpg

Last edited:
100% home custom made. AutoCAD design, Plywood, MDF, paint, stain, lacquer, tools, lots of hours of hard working, lots of changes to the original project, lots of improvements.

Monitor "dock" width: 60 inches - so it can fit a nice future 24" besides the two 19"...

Monitor stand bases are 6 inch lower than the desk top, so the top of the monitors is at eye level. Perfect for no eye strain, no neck strain. Monitors inclined to 5-10 degrees, somehow like a drafting station.

Cables hidden underneath in a wire channel.

Custom painted case and speakers.

5 feet tall custom rear speakers stands.

Total damage (materials) - around $250-$300.

Cool setup but be careful.

You are likely in for some major back/neck and RSI issues if your monitor stand bases are 6 inches lower than the desktop. I consulted for a while and used laptops a lot where I was similarly looking down. It's taken me a couple years, lots of chiropractic work and physical therapy just to sort of recover. Your thoracic spine will tighten up probably first and then c-spine disk/vertebrae issues are what typically follow.

If that info is right, you're hunching over or something. Keyboard height should be at about elbow level when sitting and if you're sitting upright the top of your monitor should be about from your elbow to your eyes inches off of the desk. For me, that's around twice the height of a standard 24" monitor's screen if not more.

A Chimpspanner poster???!! Respect +10000. Paul Ortiz is the man!

I like how your speakers dwarf your monitor, what are those puppies?

Paul definitely kicks some serious ass. Can't wait for his new EP coming out next year.

The speakers are a pair of Klipsch SB3's I picked up at a thrift store for $30 or so.

Christmas time at Mr. Wolf's workstation...

IMG_20111210_225132.jpg

IMG_20111210_224906.jpg

IMG_20111210_191228.jpg

Maybe Santa will bring me a decent camera this year.

The cables are a mess but I move things often enough and I won't always have my junk in this room with kids. So here it is in all its glory.

P1090583.jpg

I think if anything - this was the one most understated parts of your list that is the most impressive and drool worthy :eek:

Yeah, StatutoryApe -- any chance you can talk more about your experience with the Cintiq? More pics too.

I'm loving it. Works great. Every once in a while, the driver decides it hates life and quits on me, which requires a reboot. Another thing that happens is that out of nowhere, the brush will turn 100% width and make a dark line instead of being pressure based. This is either a driver issue or a communication issue. On one computer, I didnt have this issue. On the other, pops up every 5min or so. Here, have another pic.

DSC03086.jpg

Here is my setup! :D

b1dbb555.jpg

Does anyone know how he is supporting that top as its really hard to see. With that wide of a desk, I would like to know how he is preventing it from sagging when you lean on it. Is that two MDF boards stacked on the top?

Sorry, he hasn't replied to his PM so I thought I would ask to see if others have any suggestions.

Does anyone know how he is supporting that top as its really hard to see. With that wide of a desk, I would like to know how he is preventing it from sagging when you lean on it. Is that two MDF boards stacked on the top?

Sorry, he hasn't replied to his PM so I thought I would ask to see if others have any suggestions.

I see two things going on in that pic, what looks like a 1x2 or 1x4 in the front lip under the MDF sheet, could even be a 2x4, and in the back, what could be another peice of MDF or most likely plywood, maybe 12 -24" tall as a back support

He also most likely has under supports, like 2x4s going across, but without seeing, hard to tell!

Desk on the left is an IKEA Jonas w/pull-out panel, I decided not to leave off the pull-out panel for appearance reasons (I wouldn't have used it anyway). The piece on the right is just a bunch of the black/brown LACK side tables stacked on top of one another and secured with L-hinges from Home Depot (spray-painted black).

Desktop:

i7 2600K
16GB RAM
64GB Crucial M4 SSD
5TB total (divided into two 2.5TB dynamic disks)
2x GTS 450's

3x HP W2207H (21.5", 1680x1050)

Laptop:

Latitude E6400
Core 2 Duo T9600 (2.8 Ghz)
64GB Samsung 830 SSD

16GB iPad 2 (Wi-Fi only)

rsz_2photo.jpg

rsz_photo_(1).jpg

rsz_photo_(2).jpg

Last edited:
finaly finished my workstation setup, with the final addition of the amazing Energy RC-10 Bookshelfs, its amazing the sound that comes out of these for such a good price.. ($300 from Vanns)
3.jpg

2.jpg

finaly finished my workstation setup, with the final addition of the amazing Energy RC-10 Bookshelfs, its amazing the sound that comes out of these for such a good price..

Is that a Sony SS-TL3/4/5 off to the right with the grill on upside-down? It looks exactly like them from the top.

I love those, I have a pair with upgraded tweeters in my main system. They make some huge sound. Transmission lines are fantastic and no one expects sony to make anything good, but that TL series and some of their SS-M series speakers were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back