Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not crazy at all rob. A real mad-man would have done that setup with no minifridge!

One piece of sound advice would be straiten those left and right speakers out a bit. Pointing them directly at you can have a negative effect on the way you perceive the sound field. Try it with them almost strait (~10° angled in).

Also what speakers are you using in the rear? They look like Zu's but I don't think they are.

I'll try adjusting as you recommended and see how that sounds. The rears are Polk Audio R300's.

Well that's fairly ridiculous...
How do you like the obutto? I've been having issues with my right shoulder sitting at my desk for even short amounts of time. Had my eye on the obutto for a while now but can't really afford it. Then again a decent desk chair alone would cost about the same.

I've had the Obutto since the 4th of July, and it's been great. Being that it's made with an automotive racing seat, it hugs the body quite closely, and needs some break in time. But I game for hours at a time with no concerns for comfort. My only thoughts for improvement on the design would be in regard to the swivel mounts for the keyboard/mouse tray (which is also the same as the mount for the stick/throttle. The height adjuster is merely a threaded bolt. if you adjust the height above it's lowest setting, you can no longer swivel the arm. Additionally, with no height adjustment, since there's no bearings or bushings, it squeals when you rotate. My simple fix for this was to line it with some pvc tape, which seems to last pretty good for about 6 months before you have to reapply.

Agreed. The mini fridge is what holds the whole room together.:D

I'm quite proud of that fridge. It has no freezer (which are generally worthless anyways) so it has more room for alcohol and energy drinks.

img0048x.jpg

img0050ml.jpg

HOLY STACK OF POLK SUBS!
not to mention some monitor 40's it looks like!

crazyrob, nice setup, +1 for the minifridge. what is driving those polks?

Lets try this again.... I guess I clearly don't know how to use drop box like I thought :p

I had a much nicer theater setup at my previous apt. I know the screen looks tilted a bit, but its just the floor is lower on the right side of the ikea table lol. Either way its better then a 50in LCD :D
2011-03-24%2007.33.33.jpg

2011-03-27%2012.42.12.jpg

2011-03-27%2012.43.03.jpg

2011-03-27%2012.43.31.jpg

2011-03-27%2012.43.48.jpg

Holds my Vizio Bluray, 360, Custom XBMC HTPC, Pioneer HDMI receiver, Netgear WNDR3700, a hidden buffalo NAS, and a spare laptop running WHS 2011.

Lets try this again.... I guess I clearly don't know how to use drop box like I thought :p

I had a much nicer theater setup at my previous apt. I know the screen looks tilted a bit, but its just the floor is lower on the right side of the ikea table lol. Either way its better then a 50in LCD :D
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13568473/2011-03-24 07.33.33.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13568473/2011-03-27 12.42.12.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13568473/2011-03-27 12.43.03.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13568473/2011-03-27 12.43.31.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13568473/2011-03-27 12.43.48.jpg
Holds my Vizio Bluray, 360, Custom XBMC HTPC, Pioneer HDMI receiver, Netgear WNDR3700, a hidden buffalo NAS, and a spare laptop running WHS 2011.

Very cool. What do you use as a projector?

just got my palit 580 gtx 3gb (x2) so I could add the 3rd hp 30

computerdesk.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
love the folding table and folding chair. Nice case and setup btw.

crazyrob, nice setup, +1 for the minifridge. what is driving those polks?

I think i can answer for him... each sub has it's own plate amp on the back of it... looks like his source unit is just a Sony HT receiver

I think i can answer for him... each sub has it's own plate amp on the back of it... looks like his source unit is just a Sony HT receiver

I used to have a crappy sony amp, but what I'm currently using is what's in my sig and in the pic, Yammaha RX-V3800.

And yeah, it's the begining of Crysis 2, I just threw it up for the pic.

Well, I think he's got a theme there:
1. Chair -- folding
2. Desk -- folding
3. Monster computer -- FOLDING!

My galant desk seems like a bad choice after seeing a mountain mod with triple big screens. My tiny 20 inch dell (why did I spend $500 for 1680x1050?!?!?)....agh need money, but these hoes keep jockin me.

Nothing says [H] like spending $4k plus on video cards/monitor and $30 on desk/chair.

meh, whenever he wants to pack up and move to a new pad, just fold up and go. certainly easier than trying to reconstruct a no-longer manufactured ikea desk with no instructions...

T0VFs.jpg

room isn't done yet, still missing a recliner or loveseat as well as find a suitable way to finish the closet area (and art). The plan is to get another 40 inch tv mounted above my PC setup.

T0VFs.jpg

room isn't done yet, still missing a recliner or loveseat as well as find a suitable way to finish the closet area (and art). The plan is to get another 40 inch tv mounted above my PC setup.

Your room is basically perfect to me - the size and shape and all that.

Your room is basically perfect to me - the size and shape and all that.
Its a little under 800 sq ft. 10 lights total, 3 zones on dimmers. Still need to finish the closet, and get a couch + art on the wall.

The coolest thing in your room, despite all the electronic e-pr0n, is that Scarface blanket!

Its a little under 800 sq ft. 10 lights total, 3 zones on dimmers. Still need to finish the closet, and get a couch + art on the wall.

Damn. My room is so warped and akward and yours is literally just perfect. Envy x million here.

My galant desk seems like a bad choice after seeing a mountain mod with triple big screens. My tiny 20 inch dell (why did I spend $500 for 1680x1050?!?!?)....agh need money, but these hoes keep jockin me.

"Aghn need money, but these hoes keep jockin me."

LOL. I don't know what that means exactly but it sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back