Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share the desk and printer cart I just finished. I might put a receiver in the space under the PC, if not, I am going to make some panels to hide the UPS and stuff under there.

The desk is constructed entirely of plywood, some conduit, a sheet of laminate, and some Harbor Freight wheels. The cart has some drawers from Sears and a file drawer underneath. I need to quickly clear the desk to unroll blueprints on, so I mounted as much as I could on the monitor arm to swing it out of the way.

http://i54.tinypic.com/5oeddg.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/289unl.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/314ebh4.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/1y4pl0.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

How much did it cost you total?

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. The desk was a lot of fun to design and build. The total cost for both desk and stand was right around $250. The inspiration came from seeing all the other desks in this thread over the years.

1y4pl0.jpg

I love the idea of the drawers from Sears. They look like they come from a Craftsman tool chest. Brilliant idea.

That case is new, isn't it. It's the only thing not dusty. lol:D
BTW, nice specs.

Thanks, the case, SSD raid(only had one before), 8GB of ram, and video card were this years upgrade. Everyone in the house got an upgrade this year but I don't want to take up the space to list all 7 systems.

Got the case in January. I just cleaned it earlier that day. I know I need to clean my desk but I am in the market for a new one...so why bother :D

Last edited:
That's gotta be one of the coolest ideas ever! If I get a case with window I'm going to copy that 5% tint idea :cool: :D

I did it first with my antec 1200 that is now my daughters and I loved the effect so much that I had to do it to this case too. The best suggestion I can give is to remove the window and lay it on something completely flat. I used a towel (to prevent scratches) on my coffee table.

Remember that it isn't like a car window, it is plexi and will flex, which will make wrinkles. Use TONS of application solutuion and be patient. It took me two tries to get it right on the Antec but that was my first time doing it.

Oh, and let it dry completely before trimming around the edges otherwise it might lift off, at the corners especially.

Last edited:

so nothing too epic but i think not bad

i5 750 /h55m-ud2h/4GB/ 6870/1TB hitachi sata /hvr-1250/ corsair tx650w /triton 180 / win7 ultimate

and e3300 server also in triton 180 win2k8 + win2k8 vm(s)

2X Dell U2211h monitors

Last edited:
atarione, welcome to the forum! Nice rig for sure.

I'm pretty sure I have that same shelf though it's only half that hight. Did yours come like that or did you buy two then stack them?

atarione, welcome to the forum! Nice rig for sure.

I'm pretty sure I have that same shelf though it's only half that hight. Did yours come like that or did you buy two then stack them?

hi thank you for the welcome ... my shelf actually came at the full height there.

Last edited:
Here's my PLP workstation

Lights on ( need to paint the bezels on those 2007FPs )
plplightson3.jpg

Lights off
plplightsoff3.jpg

That's KiTTY, ssh/telnet client with a bunch of nice features, such as background opacity. In the pic it's showing my irssi screen as it usually does

Rig in the sig. I can't ever seem to take nice pics... oh well. I really need to do some cable management and get a new case like the Silverstone RV02 or Fortress FT02.
workstation3-19.jpg

Nice PLP setup, I am starting to notice more and more people are going to this now.

Awesome setup. Love the NEC's. I used to own two 20WMGX2's, the black/silver model, with a LG 246WP-BN in the middle of the NEC sandwich :) I've never gotten a good look at the white/silver model, your setup makes them look awesome! I took the speaker bars off mine, how come you left yours on?

Awesome setup. Love the NEC's. I used to own two 20WMGX2's, the black/silver model, with a LG 246WP-BN in the middle of the NEC sandwich :) I've never gotten a good look at the white/silver model, your setup makes them look awesome! I took the speaker bars off mine, how come you left yours on?

Thanks. I love these monitors as well. Glossy with great color and pq. I left the speaker bars cause I honestly don't mind them there and don't have anywhere else I can put them. I also occasionally hook up my ps3 to the right monitor, so its nice to have the speaker bar there. I've been meaning to hook my my n64 to play some bomberman 64 sometime. Might as well make use of all the inputs these monitors have!

Haha, I'm surprised that someone actually noticed that AR sub, but it's a 10 incher. The sub in the front is a Emotiva Ultra 12 sealed sub, very nice musically.

Upgraded to 20/30/20 but don't have the desk for it. :p

I'll be moving in a few months and will upgrade desks at that point. For now, here is my workstation. Also note that there are some extra cables because I'm waiting for my optical cable replacement for the DAC.

desk_20-30-20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back