Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011.jpg

My current setup. Finally got a real desk (Prägel from IKEA with VIKA CURRY legs) that can fit three monitors. I'm just missing a DisplayPort to VGA -adapter to get my third monitor up and running. Behind the rightmost monitor is a Xbox 360 S which is also connected to middle monitor.

Monitors are (left to right) BenQ Q9U3 (19" 4:3), BenQ G2420HDBL (24" wide) and HP L1908w (19" wide).

the desk looks better than your system;)

That HAS to be in Finland.

It is.

the desk looks better than your system;)

Well, buying a desk for 49 euros is cheaper than buying decent monitors. But the 24" BenQ is just great, the 19" monitors not so much. But for me it's more important to have multiple screens even if they are little less awesome.

Last edited:
no problem. my system looks better than my desk, i not kidding. thinking about buying a new desk, maybe a glass one.

Been awhile since I've put anything up here, so here is my current setup:
Myworkstation006.jpg

Myworkstation007.jpg

Myworkstation008.jpg

This is my other money pit:
Myworkstation012.jpg

Is that a Slash? Been out of the hobby for a couple years now, getting rusty :D

It's a Jammin' SCRT10. Like a slash 4x4, but buggy-based. Haven't bought anything for my computer except the R.A.T. 9 in 2 years because I've been dropping everything on that thing.

as for the mags: Loaded, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, RC Driver and Xtreme RC Cars.:cool:

Took a while to get my new work area setup. So much organizing to do, but when all is said and done, I have more drawer/shelf/desk space than I could have ever expected. Here are some pics with the the rig up and running.

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

I'm still working on getting that monitor in the closet setup above my other two where the speakers are at. I've always thought that too many monitors side by side is just counter productive, where a monitor setup above (rather than to the side) would be more effective. I'm looking at getting a EVGA UV16 USB device to run either the side one or top one.

I'm also in bad need of a wireless headset for games. The headphone and mic wires bug the sh*t outta me and don't let me run into another room quick when needed.

Just installed my new test server with some dual 19" NEC monitors on arms that were VERY cheap on ebay :D

QHqBE.jpg

Here is my desk. I need to get a better way to keep the monitors, but for now this is how they are (just added the 2410 today).

desk.jpg

Took a while to get my new work area setup. So much organizing to do, but when all is said and done, I have more drawer/shelf/desk space than I could have ever expected. Here are some pics with the the rig up and running.

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

I'm still working on getting that monitor in the closet setup above my other two where the speakers are at. I've always thought that too many monitors side by side is just counter productive, where a monitor setup above (rather than to the side) would be more effective. I'm looking at getting a EVGA UV16 USB device to run either the side one or top one.

I'm also in bad need of a wireless headset for games. The headphone and mic wires bug the sh*t outta me and don't let me run into another room quick when needed.

i like the chair

My job has that chair in the lobby for the guest computer. It's pretty comfortable.

It looks so similar to this one from JohnLewis in UK!

And I really want to get a new chair...lol

Last edited:
Available at Sam's Club for $150

It lacks all the nice adjustments you can get in a $150-200 chair, aside from tilt tension, tilt lock, and height adjustment. It is pretty comfy, but I could see it loosing some cushioning within a year. Its pretty much all metal so that's a quality I like in it. Also it looks nice (dumb reason to get an office chair, but that's why I got it) I still have the option of returning it, and maybe go for my second pick.

My "workstation" messy and cluttered just like my brain.:D, Yes I could have cleaned it up but why? Post it like I use it!

sz98ax.jpg

5485891820_d3ea6c019a_b.jpg

5485892550_2d4627b7ba_b.jpg

Booo for power bills : (
And the house i'm moving into is only going to be worse..

I might need to look into solar panels...

^^^hey good thing you watermarked that photo. I was THIS close to stealing it and using it for my own evil purposes!

Here's my desk, new PC is inside a payphone, you even need a quarter to turn it on:

Desk.jpg

Just have to figure out how to mount it

Edit: Also works as a bluetooth handset haha

Last edited:
You need to mount that thing completely onto the wall. Make the handset use skype. Then put back the keypad so you have to punch in a code to turn it on.

Here's my desk, new PC is inside a payphone, you even need a quarter to turn it on:

<snip>

Just have to figure out how to mount it

Edit: Also works as a bluetooth handset haha

That is awesome! And hey, if you make enough of these modded systems, you can make a lot of money running your own Internet cafe! 50 cents to turn on the PC, 75 cents to make a phone call (using the pay phone on the case), and a hourly charge to use the computer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back