Post your Workstation Pics

workstation1.JPG

workstation2.JPG

workstation4.JPG

The box on the floor is Resurrection because I dumpster dived it. The box on the right is The Blue Light Special because the front is blue and it has/had a blue cold cathode. Each is hooked up to its own 15" Sony manufactured Trinitron. Both monitors were also dumpster dived. Sorry for the blurry pic. The desktop picture is of a Dodge Charger circa 1970. Tis my dream car. Speaker system is a Logitech Z-680 5.1 surround sound system. Oh, and if you think that my desk is cluttered, then you should see the rest of my room.

Originally posted by nerdawg4
An Update, just rearranged things here:

Cool I see an old Aptiva.

My uncle got one and it screwed up so badly, glad yours is still running :p

OMG grjr i think my sony ericsson t300 takes better pictures than those.

here is one of my desk right now

DCP_0022.jpg

Originally posted by viper11885
knaSen,

Is your mouse on a piece of glass/plastic? Wouldn't you run into problems with the optical lens???

Kinda funny how you switched your "wasd" keys to white :p. Did you take those from a different keyboard? :D

My mouse is on a mousepad called "icemat" (www.icemat.com), and no, it has no problems with the optical lens.

I took "wasd" from a white version of the same keyboard (keytronic kt1000) and replaced them with the white ones.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
How was the movie? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should see it.

I'd hope so, 'cus I'm not sure what I'm looking for. :rolleyes: ;)
GO SEE THAT MOVIE

tarentino is the man

First thing i would do is check your local office supply stores and funiture stores. If you do not like what they offer, then i would recommend you check out online stores. There are a ton (some are very pricey though).

I myself use a desk by O'sullivan.
comp1

I love O'sullivan. I have my computer desk, my dads computer desk, and my tv stand............ all very well built, easy to put together, and study as [H]ell!

www.osullivan.com

Most of the "corner" desks are called L shaped........ also, ive looked at some other companies, such as Bush, and they just did'nt seem as great quality. (they were flimsy, not sure if it was just how they were put together though).

Did a quick altavista search (o sullivan) and there are a few stores, one in particular that looked average-reasonable was http://www.osullivan-furniture-online.com/Computer+Desks.html

Expect to pay between 100-300$US for a good desk (depending on store).

~Hope this helps misfitted_mecha

Looks like a real nice setup towert... I'd be more inclined to try and build a desk from scratch but that sure is a good looking one you got :cool:

Thank you very much towert7, I think I am interested in buying an O'Sullivan. They offer what I am looking for, I like your desk a lot, how much did you pay for it?

Great Lem, just great, I send you a $100 set of speakers and that's what you do with them...

ROFL :D

Originally posted by towert7

Most of the "corner" desks are called L shaped........ also, ive looked at some other companies, such as Bush, and they just did'nt seem as great quality. (they were flimsy, not sure if it was just how they were put together though).

Where have you seen the Bush desks? If it's at your local Office Max or Office Depot then the "flimsiness" is most likely due to the workers lazily putting the desk together. I bought a desk from Office Max (Bush Computer Workstation). Took me a while to get the main panel delivered without it being cracked significantly but I can vouch for the durability of their desks. I have actually sat on and jumped on this desk (both in store and at home) and its retained its shape. Holds a good amount of weight as well. I had a 20" TV on it before and all was fine. If the desk is put together well then there should be no flimsiness. They test these desks against those types of problems. They have to drop weights on them and such. (Or maybe that's just for chairs) Anyway, they do test the desks for durability or sturdiness. In conclusion, Bush makes good desks. As does O'Sullivan.

hehe, yea, i did see the bush desks at a local office max/staples type store....... but it also looked like it was made cheap, like the thin layer of fake wood was pealing off............ but yea, i know....... can't get a good idea from that.

You said a 20" tv. I know my family has a 27" tv, and that thing is huge, and weighs about 110 pounds.

But, with my comp desk, i have a 20g tank..... which weighs about 160 pounds over about 1/3 the area of a TV. Darn things still holding it........ been about a year and a half, no warping what so ever. So no complaints there.

I got my desk about 2 years ago, from my local circuitcity. It was a discounted "discontinued" model. i think it was 200$ with 50$ mail in rebate.......... im just gonna be sad once i leave for college next year........... gonna miss this desk!

Im not a Dell guy, I got that dell for free, I use it for downloading.

The main rig is hooked up with dual Monitors.

The monitor on the right and the keyboard/mouse are hooked to a KVM Switch.

Main Blue Rig is

AMD 2500+ @ 3200+ (stock voltage)
1 GIG Crucial Memory
2 120 GIG Harddrives
Lite on 48x12x48 CDRW
Lite On 8X DVD +/- Burner
Epox 8RDA+
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb
KDS 15" LCD and KDS 17" Flat CRT
Creative Crappy Inspires

Dell is a
1.5 Ghz P4
384 MB Slow memory
2 10 gig slow harddrives
1 slow cd rom
1 missing cd rom bezel
1 broken floppy drive
The amazing 2mb Circus Logic PCI Video

setup.jpg

You should be able to see in the first picture, that my whole "gaming nook" is in a recessed portion of my room. It's VERY cozy.
workstation.jpg

mouse.jpg
<-- Boomslang 2100 (BEST GAMING MOUSE EVER!)
compdesk.jpg

That's my workstation.

Hey niggles! :) Is that an Aquarius II WC kit you have? It somehow looks like it especially the pump! :)

If it is, hows the temps?

They are pretty good...

I just turned my computer on about a half hour ago...
Case temps are 18C and my 2500+ @ 2.3ghz right now is 32c, I guess this would be idle.

My friend has the Aquarius II as well, 2500+ also, and he gets about 4-5C lower than I do. Newer stepping on his CPU.

It's a nice little system.
I'm upgrading though, dtek n the like.

here is the lastest update of my workstation.. now I have dual monitors :)
desktop on one, anime= shaman king on the secondary..
DSC00318.JPG

night shot
DSC00319.JPG

btw the front of my case is being repainted it just looks so shitty right now

Originally posted by Niggles
You should be able to see in the first picture, that my whole "gaming nook" is in a recessed portion of my room. It's VERY cozy.
workstation.jpg
Are u sure your gaming nook doesnt have a toilet in it, that maybe you use as a chair?

I see that wooden chair but I think you may have photochopped that in, and maybe took out the sign that says "be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"...

hehe just kidding, that looks like a nice setup :cool:

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
Are u sure your gaming nook doesnt have a toilet in it, that maybe you use as a chair?

I see that wooden chair but I think you may have photochopped that in, and maybe took out the sign that says "be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"...

hehe just kidding, that looks like a nice setup :cool:

That reminds me of my old setup. I used to have my computer in my walk in closet and it was pretty cool. One nice thing about that is that if you've got some nice speakers, it REALLY helps the bass out 'cus it reverberates so much in a corner like that.

I eventually needed more space but I see you're quite at home.

lmao!

Thanks. In the meantime, I'll swap my monitor for a projection screen so I can get a good look at them. :p

I do like the case though. Especially the front, but are you going to do anything to that window? Like a laser etched design or something?

Back